*****Aggies vs. Georgia - Friday*****

92,430 Views | 1567 Replies | Last: 21 days ago by histag10
RED AG 98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tjack16 said:

That really felt like a classic SEC Friday night matchup
Lots of this around the league tonight. I love it.
Wabs
AG
So, Jace owes us a huge game tomorrow. No?
AggieRain
you moran
AG
And also some Monty ribbies.

Plus a few new dents in some trains by both.
bdp514am
giving UGA's offense 2 runs on two solo shots is none too shabby. I think with a different ump behind the plate the Aggies had a few innings where they would have gotten more going offensively.
Daniel Plainview
Hungry Ojos
Daniel Plainview said:

Wabs said:

He doesn't owe you ****…
RGLAG85
AG
SC walks it off vs KY, 6-5
aginlakeway
AG
Cocks win!
RED AG 98
AG
Cocky walks it off!!!! Let's go!
Randy Rhodes
bdp514am said:

giving UGA's offense 2 runs on two solo shots is none to shabby. I think with a different ump behind the plate the Aggies had a few innings where they would have gotten more going offensively.

I think the ump got into both teams heads

He's the biggest reason it was such a low scoring game
themissinglink
AG
All the talk about how good the offenses and the star power at the top of the order, and we win a game with pitching and spectacular defense.

Top 3 of the A&M order went 1-10
Condon and Collins went 1-8
jkag89
Wabs said:

Win when both your big bats were silent. I expect both Tubby and BMont to come through tomorrow.
jkag89
RGLAG85 said:

SC walks it off vs KY, 6-5
bdp514am
agreed/ Iffy 3rd strike calls with a full count on both Chestnut and Grahovac in the 2nd with the bases full. Those calls go the other way and UGA is likely into their pen in the 2nd inning.
Wabs
AG
Gig'em man. Good Lord.
Randy Rhodes
Wabs said:

Gig'em man. Good Lord.

He must be a South Pole Elf
Wabs
AG
Randy Rhodes said:

Wabs said:

Gig'em man. Good Lord.

He must be a South Pole Elf

Angry little elf
McInnis
AG
I'll bet if you had told Georgia the Aggies would have only 6 hits tonight they would have felt pretty good. This team has so many ways to win, we saw most of them tonight.

Prager looking like an SEC ace again.
trouble
AG
Prager is an SEC ace
Sean98
AG
I'm still at the statehouse in budget negotiations... Nice win, but can't look as deep as I'd like.

All scoring from HRs?

Why did CC only go 2 batters?

UGa pitching better than expected tonight? Or did we scuffle in general? Listened to the long Ali at bat in the middle innings but had to get back to work before the back to back Ks with the bases loaded.
greg.w.h
AG
An expected offensive showdown turned into a pitcher duel with two solo homers given up by each sp and then…the grind. We had more scoring opportunities but four of five runs by us were…bombs.

Satisfying ending even with the front of the chair edginess early.
12thMan9
AG
How was the wind? Expected high scoring game, good job on both sides.
Ronnie '88
TheBonifaceOption
I mean 6 dingers....
203Raggie
AG
This team feels so special. Their intensity. How much fun they look like they're having. They play loose and feel unbeatable. I love it.
DriftwoodAg
AG
Sean98 said:

I'm still at the statehouse in budget negotiations... Nice win, but can't look as deep as I'd like.

All scoring from HRs?

UGa pitching better than expected tonight? Or did we scuffle in general? Listened to the long Ali at bat in the middle innings but had to get back to work before the back to back Ks with the bases loaded.

I think Cortez was too amped. His first 2 pitches were 100 mph and he couldn't find the strike zone. I think Schloss wanted to get him out so he could have him ready for tomorrow and let Evan finish it
TheBonifaceOption
Quote:

For quick relief. He was throwing heat, but wasnt quite getting the calls, walked one, gave up a hit.

Asch came out and got a GIDP to end it.
jkag89
Sean98 said:

All scoring from HRs?
Yes.
Quote:

Yes but not because of an injury if that is why you are asking.
Quote:

UGa pitching better than expected tonight?
Pitching was solid especially uga's starter. Little help shutdown possible big A&M innings by questionable calls by Blue in the bucket. Might have been able open up a nice little lead if blue did not change ABs with a very inconsistent strike zone.
Bondag
AG
Sean98 said:

All scoring from HRs?

Little wild and ump was BS. Ash closed it out and Cortez available tomorrow.
RED AG 98
AG
Sean98 said:

All scoring from HRs?

Schloss explained it in the postgame. It was 891 due up. He walked the first guy and wasn't very competitive. Got to a full count on the 9 hole but did get the K. Schloss said he would have left CC in to face 1 if the bases were clean, but with one on and the top of the lineup it was time for Evan. Their stud Condon hits two and he didn't want to get to him with traffic on the bases.

Evan and Teddy obliged him. 1 pitch, 2 outs with the 3-6 DP (tag).
Killzone3abc
AG
Couldn't exactly watch it as closely as I like, but a good game none the less. I saw 3 of the 4 HRs at least. Good game for 2 and 3 hole going 0fer and making it on base 1 time combined. Glad to see Twddy 4 bags step up. I agree with Schloss that he's got another level in him and maybe we got a look at it tonight. I like the relatively short outings by the relievers. Should be good to go tomorrow night. Need Jones, Sdao, and Peery to get us through the afternoon first.

Edit: I did not realize Chris barely pitched. I saw him come in and face 2 and by the time I pulled it up again Aschenbeck was in.
trouble
AG
I have a confession to make. I started using this again several weeks ago.

RED AG 98
AG
It's only weird if it doesn't work
trouble
AG
It was someone else's mojo that made us lose the first game I took it to
tamc93
AG
Finally moved. Sitting on the roof top bar at the Hilton. Enjoying a beverage(s).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.