***** THE BAD BATCH - FINAL SEASON - OFFICIAL THREAD *****

12,150 Views | 183 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by The Porkchop Express
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When I think of "anyone else catch..." questions, I think of obscure in the background details. Not in your face obvious ones

edit: but I definitely laughed. I even said, "you should have ducked"
CapCityAg89
AG
Eeek
jokershady
AG
Man this season is having a solid start so far in these first 4 episodes! Really glad they reunited Omega with Wrecker and Hunter.

And does Crosshair know that Tech died? With the passage of time that's occurred I'm sure in the story he actually knows but did we ever see that on screen? I don't think we did….

Makes me really look forward to the dialogue in the next episode as it seems it's going to lean heavily on how the band gets back together….
The Porkchop Express
Great point. He probably doesn't know about Tech or Echo.
C@LAg
The Porkchop Express said:

with all the daily chit-chat when Omega was sneaking in to talk to Crosshair, there is no way that subject did not come up. She would have told him by now.

if they go that route, that is just lazy storytelling.
The Porkchop Express
I think I already said this, but I don't care. There has to be a series finale scene of Crosshair going beast mode in a last stand scenario and vaping 50+ stormies before he goes down. the Bad Batch has become a surprising favorite for me. When I first saw Omega I had my doubts, but the Crosshair / Order 66 subplot has really been some epic level storytelling and they've told the whole show with I think just 1 Jedi (the Wook) involved since the first episode.
jokershady
AG
C@LAg said:

with all the daily chit-chat when Omega was sneaking in to talk to Crosshair, there is no way that subject did not come up. She would have told him by now.

if they go that route, that is just lazy storytelling.
Had a thought just now….Omega and Crosshair do mention Tech briefly in the 3rd episode….

Crosshair asks Omega if she knows plan 72 and she says, "Yes. Tech had me memorize all of them." And Crosshair replies, "Of course he did."

Even though you can't really read into that as if he does or doesn't know….the fact that they had Omega bring him up to Crosshair makes me think he already knows….
The Porkchop Express
really fantastic episode today, direct follow-up to last week and Crosshair revisiting the world here he snapped and betrayed the Empire. Several visual cues lined up seamlessly with that episode - "The Outpost" as well, in particular him helping Hunter back to the base much like he helped Mayday in the Season 2 episode.

Bringing Echo back in confirms where this season is heading, an all-out assault on Mount Tantiss - clones vs. Empire- to save all their captured brothers and bring an end to that place. And that's what Filoni has probably been driving for all this time since Clone Wars began and the revisits to the clones in Rebels, etc. He made the clones human and likable and made us feel for them, even though most of them wind up murdering Jedi.

This is their last hurrah coming, and I bet not everyone makes it out alive. Hopefully their island paradise is big enough for all the survivors. It reminds me of a sub-plot of one of the Hand of Thrawn books by Zahn - a bunch of clones that became farmers instead of soldiers at the end of things.
C@LAg
the last two episodes should have been condensed down into 1.

ep 4 really did not need to be standalone, and 5 should have occurred where 4 did.
jeffk
AG
C@LAg said:

ep 4 really did not need to be standalone, and 5 should have occurred where 4 did.

I think the pacing has been awesome so far.
redline248
AG
4 could be important for how Crosshair and Omega are bonding. He's the only one with whom she really hadn't, before. Idk
C@LAg
redline248 said:

4 could be important for how Crosshair and Omega are bonding. He's the only one with whom she really hadn't, before. Idk
we had 2 episodes for that. and only 10 left. we should be kicking on all cylinders for story development, not character development.
The Porkchop Express
jeffk said:

C@LAg said:

I think the pacing has been awesome so far.
I agree. And this episode has some fantastic visual moments - Crosshair back in his old armor at the top of the charts.

The"wyrm" monster was straight out of the old PC game Jedi Academy, except it was in the desert. Check out the YouTube

jokershady
AG
Solid season so far and another great episode! Got excited when crosshair said, "I know a place that's nearly abandoned" and figured it'd be that snow planet from S2.

So many great moments in this episode but probably my favorite was when wrecker gave crosshair his armor back and said, "I didn't feel right getting rid of it."

Jeez I feel like we're getting more development and meaning behind these characters in these first 5 episodes of this season than what we've gotten so far in the entire show prior.
C@LAg
2 episodes drop tonight

story needs to kick into gear. with there being 2, i hope that indicates that it does.
C@LAg
THAT was the most Star Warsy thing to Star Wars since Rebels ended

and terminator clone is either Tech or Cody. For sure. No reason to have them live and be so intentional hiding their face and voice.

3 issues:
The assassin whatever was too much terminator. was buried by rocky rubble but still terminatored through. he is still a clone. not enhanced.

Echo landing as if nothing was wrong instead of hovering, with guns pointed at the assembly. He knew they needed an emergency pickup, but had no communication with the squad.

The meeting with Wolffe was neat. But him letting them go was too much plot force for convenience. Bad storytelling.
The Porkchop Express
Super fun back to back episodes that felt like Season 7.5 of Clone Wars. Crosshair again a standout, but I can never get enough of Rex. Cola, having just watched the second episode, I would say that Wolffe probably let them go because if Rex's guys didn't surrender, it was going to be impossible to complete their objective of taking Omega alive. They reiterated multiple times throughout the episode that their weapons were on stun. If they had started shooting, his squad gets obliterated and they don't get Omega.

I'd think it's probably Tech, not Cody. The operative seemed to fidget with his own "tech" a lot. It's a bummer to think either of them would habe been broken by the Empire so quickly though.

Really loved seeing the Stormtroopers mixed in with the Clones.
The Porkchop Express
Also great call back to Rex being reported as KIA on Ahsoka's ship at the end of the Clone Wars.

Rex fighting against Order 66 remains a Top 10 SW Animation moment for me.

C@LAg

I would say that Wolffe probably let them go because if Rex's guys didn't surrender, it was going to be impossible to complete their objective of taking Omega alive. They reiterated multiple times throughout the episode that their weapons were on stun. If they had started shooting, his squad gets obliterated and they don't get Omega.

they outnumbered the other side, who had put their weapons away. and they had direct orders to capture Omega. If they return to Tantiss or wherever and report they just let them walk away, they would all be instantly blasted.

It was bad plotforcing.
jeffk
AG
Lol. As I was finishing up the second episode I wondered what Cola would find to complain about.
C@LAg
jeffk said:

Lol. As I was finishing up the second episode I wondered what Cola would find to complain about.
then don't write a dumb/implauible scene.

The scene could easily have been rewritten where the confrontation happened on two side of the wall back at the building, or have had the bad batch shoot down/disable their transport like the assassin guy did to their shuttle, leaving Wolffes team stranded, and have the conversation as they are leaving once Echo came back.

but to just have them standing there, face to face, and then walk away....

that is letting plot necessity lead the story, and could have been fixed with like 5 minutes of thinking it through.
jeffk
AG
I do like how all the clones were trying to use non-lethal force during the escape... except Crosshair.
The Porkchop Express
C@LAg said:

I would say that Wolffe probably let them go because if Rex's guys didn't surrender, it was going to be impossible to complete their objective of taking Omega alive. They reiterated multiple times throughout the episode that their weapons were on stun. If they had started shooting, his squad gets obliterated and they don't get Omega.

they outnumbered the other side, who had put their weapons away. and they had direct orders to capture Omega. If they return to Tantiss or wherever and report they just let them walk away, they would all be instantly blasted.

It was bad plotforcing.
Right but the clones are going to listen to their CO every time. He said hold, they held.

They clearly won't say they let them walk when they get back to base. Good or bad, the clones helping other clones theme has permeated throughout TCW and this show.
jokershady
AG
Once again awesome episodes! Highlight for me was crosshair essentially having his "final acceptance" back with his brothers with the trooper that had it out for him realizing he's no longer loyal to the empire….and even more so his relationship with omega….unfortunately I think this is setting us up for a big sacrifice from him and he's not gonna make it to the end of this season…..

Also…..man…..I really hope that's not tech as the assassin….it better be Cody because it definitely is somebody we already know
jeffk
AG
Yeah, I think the assassin clones are just random clones from Tantis. I didn't see anything that led me to believe it was Tech.
Whos Juan
AG
Tech being the assassin would just be lazy.

His conversation with Crosshair suggested he had been reconditioned long enough to know Crosshair rejected the treatment and it's only been, what, like a few months since Tech "died"?

We know Hemlock at least found Tech's body, so we'll probably see him again, but this would just be sloppy.
The Porkchop Express
Really most of the clones should probably die. Or at least decide to stop fighting the empire and go some place else
That would play along the lines of a subplot from Zahn's Hand of Thrawn books where the Empire cloned the pilot Soontir Fel but he had loved farming more than being a pilot and the clones defected from the Empire to do likewise.
jeffk
AG

Really most of the clones should probably die. Or at least decide to stop fighting the empire and go some place else
That would play along the lines of a subplot from Zahn's Hand of Thrawn books where the Empire cloned the pilot Soontir Fel but he had loved farming more than being a pilot and the clones defected from the Empire to do likewise.

Gig'em Aggies indeed.
redline248
AG
Finally got to watch the episodes, tonight. My initial thought on the identity of the assassin clone was that Hemlock somehow made a Crosshair clone. They fought kind of similarly with the sniper on sniper action. I settled on it probably being a random brainwashed clone like the first one they caught. Didn't consider Tech, and that would actually suck, imo. Cody makes some sense, I guess

Like Seattle, I thought the final standoff was a let down. I think it would have been better if somehow Wolf and his men just deserted on the spot. I suppose that presents a different set of problems, too.

Overall, I loved these 2 episodes. Crosshair is a great character. He's 100% stealing this season's spotlight.

Tonight was the first time my son (9 yo) asked "where is Omega when Luke shows up?" He has asked a couple times now about Ahsoka, too.
The Porkchop Express
Fennec Shan (Ming Na Wen) returns to The Bad Batch this week.

What do you guys think of the theory that the Empire is holding Asjj Ventress at Mt. Tantiss to try and get the midicholorians out of her for Project Necromancer and the BB lets her loose when they assault it at the end of the season, kind of like how Ahsoka let Maul out to wreak havoc after Order 66?
redline248
AG
I forgot Ventress was making an appearance. That does seem reasonable. Isn't Cad Bane also supposed to be in an episode?

C@LAg

Fennec Shan (Ming Na Wen) returns to The Bad Batch this week.

What do you guys think of the theory that the Empire is holding Asjj Ventress at Mt. Tantiss to try and get the midicholorians out of her for Project Necromancer and the BB lets her loose when they assault it at the end of the season, kind of like how Ahsoka let Maul out to wreak havoc after Order 66?
There are 8 more episodes and based on the titles, the assault is not until the last 3.

I am betting she shows up in the 2 parter on April 3.
The Porkchop Express
They should have Fennec and Cad bane kill each other, thus ruining all the live-action canon.
C@LAg

They should have Fennec and Cad bane kill each other, thus ruining all the live-action canon.
throw in Baby Yoda and you got a deal.
redline248
AG
C@LAg said:

throw in Baby Yoda and you got a deal.
That's not a good deal

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.