Will banks start collapsing tomorrow?

10,127 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by techno-ag
Aggies1322
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ac04 said:

all banks are facing similar issues right now because they all hold huge portfolios of tanking CRE and worthless long term bonds. its cute that you think whichever bank you work for is immune, but its also delusional.

I think I'll be okay. You just keep screaming that the sky is falling. What % of assets does CRE make up for the money center banks (hint: less than 10%)? Your concern is with the regionals..
Heineken-Ashi
Aggies1322 said:

ac04 said:

all banks are facing similar issues right now because they all hold huge portfolios of tanking CRE and worthless long term bonds. its cute that you think whichever bank you work for is immune, but its also delusional.

I think I'll be okay. You just keep screaming that the sky is falling. What % of assets does CRE make up for the money center banks (hint: less than 10%)? Your concern is with the regionals..
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
ac04
please point out where i am screaming that the sky is falling.

the collective balance sheet of the entire US banking system is in the worst position it has been in our lifetimes. much worse than 2008. if that doesn't concern you at all, then there's nothing to worry about i guess.
Aggies1322
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Aggies1322 said:

ac04 said:

That is as a % of their loan portfolio, not total assets. But either way, I think you should look up what regionals are sitting at for CRE as a % of portfolio.
Heineken-Ashi
Aggies1322 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Aggies1322 said:

ac04 said:

That is as a % of their loan portfolio, not total assets. But either way, I think you should look up what regionals are sitting at for CRE as a % of portfolio.
I'm very aware, thank you.

I think you need to take a good look at the faith you have in a sector that is facing more systematic risks than ever before at a time where the FED is operating at historic losses.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
Aggies1322
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Aggies1322 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Aggies1322 said:

ac04 said:

I think you need to take a good look at the faith you have in a sector that is facing more systematic risks than ever before at a time where the FED is operating at historic losses.

If my bank ever goes down, we will be in a situation where the entire country has fallen into chaos. At which point, I'm not sure money will really matter anymore. My faith is in God and that is where it will remain.
IndividualFreedom
I hope this CRE and Fed talk does not negatively effect Strive's DRLL ETF product. FJB starting the down spiral of the economy when he turned off the investment in Oil n Gas. When DJT wins, my prediction is game on! Pushed all in.
Ghost Mech

Quote:

Will JPM and other big banks be forced to absorb and acquire smaller failing regional banks or other big banks? Absolutely. But that doesn't make a bank stronger. Look at NYCB as proof.

It's a feature, not a bug.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/commercial-real-estate-a-manageable-problem-but-some-banks-will-close-powell-161201936.html

Powell acknowledged in his "60 Minutes" interview that some smaller banks will "have to be closed" or merged "out of existence" due to losses tied to the falling values of properties across the US that are suddenly worth much less due to the Fed's elevated interest rates and the effect of a pandemic that emptied out many city-center buildings.

But "we looked at the larger banks' balance sheets, and it appears to be a manageable problem," Powell said.
"There's some smaller and regional banks that have concentrated exposures in these areas that are challenged. And, you know, we're working with them. This is something we've been aware of for, you know, a long time, and we're working with them to make sure that they have the resources and a plan to work their way through the expected losses."
Heineken-Ashi
Zergling Rush said:

Quote:

Will JPM and other big banks be forced to absorb and acquire smaller failing regional banks or other big banks? Absolutely. But that doesn't make a bank stronger. Look at NYCB as proof.

It's a feature, not a bug.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/commercial-real-estate-a-manageable-problem-but-some-banks-will-close-powell-161201936.html

Powell acknowledged in his "60 Minutes" interview that some smaller banks will "have to be closed" or merged "out of existence" due to losses tied to the falling values of properties across the US that are suddenly worth much less due to the Fed's elevated interest rates and the effect of a pandemic that emptied out many city-center buildings.

But "we looked at the larger banks' balance sheets, and it appears to be a manageable problem," Powell said.
"There's some smaller and regional banks that have concentrated exposures in these areas that are challenged. And, you know, we're working with them. This is something we've been aware of for, you know, a long time, and we're working with them to make sure that they have the resources and a plan to work their way through the expected losses."
Yes, but the FED grossly under-stresses on their stress tests. So what's coming out of his mouth might not even be the full picture.

You also have to remember, its not just CRE. It's everything. Consumer credit is in a terrible position as well.

ac04
Aggies1322 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Aggies1322 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Aggies1322 said:

ac04 said:

If my bank ever goes down, we will be in a situation where the entire country has fallen into chaos. At which point, I'm not sure money will really matter anymore. My faith is in God and that is where it will remain.

lol. some of us are looking to be slightly more strategic than "jesus take the wheel"
Aggies1322
AG
ac04 said:

Aggies1322 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Aggies1322 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Aggies1322 said:

ac04 said:

lol. some of us are looking to be slightly more strategic than "jesus take the wheel"

Good luck
Azeew
itsyourboypookie said:

https://www.federalreserve.gov/newsevents/pressreleases/monetary20240124a.htm?fbclid=IwAR1nq2z1AAD7cUUdhgSESS25XaM2EJ69vSE0kygOzOOXxnXNuKsET6o1BRE_aem_AdXQakNpyeZkLI50BpLDmSWuOQYCbreQzfUnf7VGxy1Uu_XZEEvIRNCAyuU8kX-HRDI#:~:text=The%20Federal%20Reserve%20Board%20on,of%20liquidity%20for%20eligible%20institutions

The Federal Reserve Board on Wednesday announced that the Bank Term Funding Program (BTFP) will cease making new loans as scheduled on March 11. The program will continue to make loans until that time and is available as an additional source of liquidity for eligible institutions

Drama queen.
will25u
6 billion in assets, 4 billion in deposits.

techno-ag
AG
will25u said:

6 billion in assets, 4 billion in deposits.

Always happens on a Friday so everyone will calm the heck down by Monday.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.