DOJ suing chain store Sheetz for racist hiring practices

6,487 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by rwv2055
Yesterday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Because they weeded out applicants with criminal backgrounds.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/convenience-store-chain-where-biden-180857839.html
C@LAg
that is some bull-sheetz.
TexAgs91
AG
The DOJ is a criminal organization. That's where we're at now.
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
C@LAg
also,. never heard of them so

pagerman @ work
AG
Quote:

The Sheetz convenience store chain has been hit with a lawsuit by federal officials who allege the company discriminated against minority job applicants.

Sheetz Inc., which operates more than 700 stores in six states, discriminated against Black, Native American and multiracial job seekers by automatically weeding out applicants whom the company deemed to have failed a criminal background check, according to U.S. officials.

So now not wanting to hire people with criminal backgrounds is discrimination against minorities?

There seems to be more than a little racism in the underlying assumptions of that assertion.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
CDUB98
AG
Oh, so, now they're saying that certain races commit more crime?
4stringAg
AG
Dept of JUSTICE suing an entity for not wanting criminals working for it. Clown world.
TAMUallen
AG
What the hell... that's been done forever for any and most every company

Besides the one's that pride themselves and advertise it they are employing former criminals
Tea Party
Sounds like the DOJ is racist and should be sued.

/s
Learn about the Texas Nationalist Movement
https://tnm.me
Gator92
AG
Bwa hahahaha!

Sleepy pedo Joe was just in a Sheetz.

Asks to go behind food prep and get his pic w/ a bunch of white guys.

I was waiting for them to tell him to order at the kiosk...

agent-maroon
AG
A convenience store chain name "Sheetz"? Seriously? Were the names "Krapz" and "Peeze" already taken or something?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PA24
AG
bmc13
AG
lol. who there pissed off someone in his entourage.
Harry Stone
AG
This is probably a huge competitor who paid a nice sum to the doj to find something to ruin Sheetz.
agent-maroon
AG
10% of it went to you know who
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Sheetz is very prevalent here in Virginia
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Gator92 said:

Bwa hahahaha!

you think joe left an I did that sticker on the pump?
Muy
AG
Because liberals assume that the criminals are always black.
HollywoodBQ
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Sheetz is very prevalent here in Virginia
Been to the one in Lexington many times when my daughter was at VMI
Scotty Appleton
So, as usual on these type of threads it must be asked…. I assume the DOJ will be going after the NBA & NFL as well?
Ag with kids
AG
Yesterday said:

Because they weeded out applicants with criminal backgrounds.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/convenience-store-chain-where-biden-180857839.html
Quote:

Sheetz Inc., which operates more than 700 stores in six states, discriminated against Black, Native American and multiracial job seekers by automatically weeding out applicants whom the company deemed to have failed a criminal background check, according to U.S. officials.
Biden: If you haven't failed a criminal background check, then you ain't black, Jack!
leachfan
Glad we only have Fart N' Fetchums here.
TRADUCTOR
Logic... Sheetz keeping it real.
NukeAg10
AG
Sheetz is the better version of WaWa, and makes some bomb ass breakfast burritos.
txaginmi
AG
Only place to get a meal for 50-75 miles after 8pm in rural areas in the Alleghenies of PA where I used to work a lot of workovers and drilling projects
96AgGrad
AG
Gator92 said:

Bwa hahahaha!

Nowadays Joe only visits Sheetz. Back in the day his friends would wear them.
Smeghead4761
pagerman @ work said:

Quote:

The Sheetz convenience store chain has been hit with a lawsuit by federal officials who allege the company discriminated against minority job applicants.

So now not wanting to hire people with criminal backgrounds is discrimination against minorities?

There seems to be more than a little racism in the underlying assumptions of that assertion.
This is just the latest incarnation of the "disparate impact" doctrine put forth by SCOTUS in Griggs v. Duke Power Co. (401 U.S. 424 (1971)).

Basically, you can have a criteria that is neutral on its face (like the requirement to pass a criminal background check) that has a "disparate" negative impact on members of a protected class (race, sex, etc), then that criteria can be ruled illegal by the courts.

The specific item in Griggs was the use of an aptitude test to select for promotions. IIRC, the test was actually derived from one originally used by the military during WWII. But since no black workers passed the test, the court decided it was de facto illegal discrimination.
96AgGrad
AG
Smeghead4761 said:

pagerman @ work said:

Quote:

This is just the latest incarnation of the "disparate impact" doctrine put forth by SCOTUS in Griggs v. Duke Power Co. (401 U.S. 424 (1971)).

Basically, you can have a criteria that is neutral on its face (like the requirement to pass a criminal background check) that has a "disparate" negative impact on members of a protected class (race, sex, etc), then that criteria can be ruled illegal by the courts.

The specific item in Griggs was the use of an aptitude test to select for promotions. IIRC, the test was actually derived from one originally used by the military during WWII. But since no black workers passed the test, the court decided it was de facto illegal discrimination.
It's absurd on it's face. I can't imagine that there is even a single job requirement for any job that would result in equal outcomes across all demographics.

Edit: After reading up on the court case, apparently disparate impact is not a problem in an of itself, but if it exists, the company has the burden of proving the requirement is necessary for the function of the business.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Muy said:

Yup. Just like they immediately assumed Trump was referring to countries that are majority black when he said s**thole countries.

Liberals are racist that project their racism on conservatives.
Take the trash out staff.
Street Fighter
AG
So I guess background checks for TSA precheck etc.... are completely unnecessary now.
ts5641
Never understood how minorities do not see the contempt with which the democrat party sees them.
Aggie Infantry
AG
I bet the DOJ screens their applicants before hiring them...

FBI?
CIA?
DoD?
When the truth comes out, do not ask me how I knew.
Ask yourself why you did not.
TxAggieBand85
AG
Without comment
Owlagdad
Muy said:

Yes, yes they do.
They donated to BLM , but when they used the money to buy housss in their neighborhood, they were constantly calling the law on them walking down the street.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.