What is it with cops and the knee on the neck?

4,749 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by aggiehawg
Logos Stick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
After what happened with Floyd, why would you ever do that?

You are asking for a Dem DA and biased jury to send you to prison.

This is another incident with a black man being apprehended and saying he can't breath and then dying while in custody. I'm sure he was on drugs.

ABATTBQ11
AG
Despite what many cops will tell you, it doesn't really take a lot of brains to be one.
Rapier108
Looks like the knee is on his back below the neck.

Why, because it is an effective way to restrain a combative individual.

As for yelling "I can't breathe" that has become the standard MO for black people who are being detained or arrested. It happens on On Patrol Live all the time, and you can see it on the body cam footage that is publicly released on a regular basis.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
TexAgs91
AG
We really don't need another 2020 summer horror show
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
richardag
Seems the officer was only momentarily using his knee on the offenders back. Not that the MSM will acknowledge this.
FCBlitz
Rapier108 said:

As for yelling "I can't breathe" that has become the standard MO for black people who are being detained or arrested. It happens on On Patrol Live all the time, and you can see it on the body cam footage that is publicly released on a regular basis.

These are the correct answers.
Tramp96
Just in time for summer riot season.
DeSantis 2024
Bubblez
Rapier108 said:

Well, when the cop ends up murdering someone, they probably should have used a different means of restraint. These cops are nothing but thugs with a badge.
Decay
AG
Bubblez said:

Rapier108 said:

Well, when the cop ends up murdering someone, they probably should have used a different means of restraint. These cops are nothing but thugs with a badge.

It's not murder
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Bubblez said:

Rapier108 said:

question how does this play out if he doesn't resist arrest? do you support people resisting arrest? if so you are part of the problem. not saying there isn't bad cops but there are more bad criminals and clearly people who can't follow instructions.
NE PA Ag
Bubblez said:

Rapier108 said:

In a different time when people were more sane, there had to be solid proof that an action actually caused the death of someone before charging the alleged perpetrator and convicting them of murder.
ATX_AG_08
AG
Was there no social worker available?
DrEvazanPhD
Bubblez said:

Rapier108 said:

Is it murder when a pregnant-woman threatening piece of **** ODs on fentanyl?
fixer
Sigh…

Finish the sentence : if he had complied _____________
Logos Stick
Rapier108 said:

Effective and dumb then. The risk is not worth it.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I didn't see it in the posted video, but what will eventually get them is ignoring him motionless for 5 minutes, if that's indeed what they did. It sounds short, but that's a long time. If a guy goes from screaming and resisting to not moving at all, you have to be clued into that and the fact that he's probably dying. If he's in cuffs and in your custody, it's on you to maintain awareness and monitor his safety instead of shooting the **** with your buddies. Bragging about a bar fight you just had while a guy you're supposed to be watching is dying right next to you is not going to play well to a jury or the general public. It's going to make you look incompetent and indifferent, two things the public does not want in a police force.

This guy was no saint, but these cops aren't either. I would not be shocked if they went to jail. It's not the knee to the back or neck, it's the incompetence and lack of situational awareness afterwards that is egregious here.
Ag with kids
AG
fixer said:

Sigh…

Rapier108

[You know better than that -- Staff]
oldcrow91
AG
Bubblez said:

Rapier108 said:

I look forward to your posts after you have joined law enforcement to be part of the solution.
Wheatables02
AG
Knee on the shoulder blade unless I'm missing something…
Rapier108
Wheatables02 said:

Knee on the shoulder blade unless I'm missing something…
Shoulder blade is where it was with on St. Floyd of Fentanyl, but almost everyone to this day will tell you it was on his neck.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Scotty Appleton
The guy was still speaking after the cop got up.

And, as someone with an advanced wrestling pedigree and almost 2 decades of BJJ amongst other things I will continue to laugh at the "knee killed him" people. It really is funny.
Tramp96
fixer said:

Sigh…

"...he ain't black."

DeSantis 2024
Owlagdad
I worked in a boys home and saw many illegal, not by the books takedowns. All the staff had been trained in takedowns.. Once a kid was so out of control, it took several to hold him down. Kid then began to beat his head against floor, while staff were on his back. Like a dumbass, I tried to help the kid by bracing his head with my leg. He turned his head to my leg and bit the hell out of me. LOL, after that, I didnt care what they did to him.
So, to the experts here-- should we just have left him to destroy the whole school and injure folks while we waited for cops or sheriff?
Once in regular school a kid was on PCP and after asking to leave class, he stared fighting the principal, me and several coaches. He broke principals jaw, my glasses and cut my eye and ran off. Should of we left him in class doing what he was doing, sitting next to someone's daughter?
To me all the training in the world flies out the window when it comes down to you and him and you fear for your life. I am not going to take mental notes of the "next step" when someone is out of control and my life is on the line.
Twenty years ago, media would say this guy got what he deserved. Now media uses this to divide our country because media are Marxist stooges.
Secolobo
AG
I've done that to lots of calves and never had any problems. But they weren't high….
Spotted Ag
AG
Hardly any weight at all was on his back. It was his back and not his neck. He couldn't breath bc he hyperventilated bc of his constant bellowing about "they're going to kill me". He was actively resisting and he was obviously not in good shape physically. He caused himself to not be able to breath. Those officers did nothing wrong. This is complete and utter BS. His dumbass could have walked out of the bar and he'd be alive but no he wanted to fight with police. His own fault and choices he is dead.
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
AgBQ-00
AG
TexAgs91 said:

We really don't need another 2020 summer horror show
Get ready for it. All the ingredients are there and they are in the process of rolling it out.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Again, the problem isn't the knee or the takedown, it's the failure to maintain awareness of the situation afterward. When someone is in your custody, you're responsible for them. That means maintaining awareness of their physical state and knowing if and when something is going wrong and attempting to intervene.

Let's say you and staff take a kid down, and after a minute he goes limp and stops moving. How long do you wait to check for a pulse and breathing? If he's not breathing and has no pulse, how long do you wait to start first aid and CPR?
Wyoming Aggie
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Despite what many cops will tell you, it doesn't really take a lot of brains to be one.

End of thread
Old Sarge
AG
What is with it?

It is effective.

Although it probably should not be used on someone already dying of fentanyl overdose. That gets messed up and abused by people like the media.
Green is the new RED.
captkirk
AG
His knee was momentarily on his shoulder/back, not his neck. Dude likely had a heart attack.
93MarineHorn
I guess we'll have to wait and see, but my guess is that a majority of people have run out of patience for jackasses like this that want to fight the police and end up dead. I know I've reached a high level of "compassion fatigue" for these idiots.
Breggy Popup
AG
Did anyone else think of Hodor from Game of Thrones while that turd was yelling "Call da sheerf!" over and over?
bobbranco
AG
Hyperventilation happens.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/24860-hyperventilation-syndrome
Highway6
AG
captkirk said:

His knee was momentarily on his shoulder/back, not his neck. Dude likely had a heart attack.
.....brought on by fentanyl. And after the autopsy confirms that, it will be swept under the rug
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.