*******Official 2023 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread*******

245,882 Views | 3971 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Macarthur
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why is Steve McMichael in over Lester Hayes?

Even Bears fans think McMichael isn't HOF worthy. Just cause dude's sick now?
Rex Racer
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Why is Steve McMichael in over Lester Hayes?

Even Bears fans think McMichael isn't HOF worthy. Just cause dude's sick now?
Or over Darren Woodson.
Southlake
Grapesoda2525 said:

Kashchei said:

Hey, SF, you're still stuck on 5 with us
Perfect ending to the season. If we didn't get it, I wanted pretty much any team but the 49ers to win. **** those guys.
Yeah, and now one more win and Kansas City ties the Cowboys in Superbowls…
Woods Ag
AG
Does it really matter?

I'd rather be a super bowl contender next year than maintain my standing in the total super bowls race. That's a meaningless stat imo.
An L of an Ag
AG
Super Bowl is over. Shouldn't the off-season thread get started?
BMX Bandit
How about a draft thread?
jr15aggie
AG
BMX Bandit said:

We got one going already.
BMX Bandit
jr15aggie said:

BMX Bandit said:

We got one going already.

jr15aggie
AG
Zimmer is keeping AL Harris (DB coach) on the staff.
I know, captain obvious, right.

The guy has only helped developed 2 of the best young CBs in the NFL. Both of which have led the league in season INTs and one of which broke the record for pick 6's.
Grapesoda2525
Anyone else shocked the 49ers fired their defensive coordinator? He seemed to do a pretty good job. They didn't lose the Super Bowl because of their defense.
Macarthur
Agree. Pretty shocking. Someone online said they thought SF was the other team courting Zimmer.
jr15aggie
AG
Yeah, I definitely was. Surely there is some behind the scenes stuff going on... like maybe him and Shanahan just don't get along. Or maybe it was beef with between him and the GM.

If it was performance based... man... sure looks like SF has unrealistic expectations. I mean, if they are looking to get another DeMeco Ryans then good luck. That guy's rise in the NFL has been nothing short of amazing. First year coaching (Quality Control Coach ) in 2017 to wildly successful HC in 2023. Sorry SF, you are not going to find that again anytime soon... it's likely nobody will.
Tksymm7
AG
They didn't get along nor did Shanahan trust him in big spots. Shanahan had to tell him to come down and call the defense from the sidelines midseason when they lost three games in a row. Some of their big time defensive stars didn't care much for him either. Fred Warner was another big reason that Wilkes came down to the sideline in the middle of the year, because he thought he couldn't effectively communicate the defense to him and the guys. Perfect example of their dysfunction was in the SB when Shanahan had to call a TO in the 4th quarter because he didn't like that they were running a zone defense on a super critical down, and Mahome's kills zone.
Panama Red
AG
This was reason enough:

Woods Ag
AG
The articles tell the story pretty well. Wilks wasn't running his defense and was asked to run the defense that was already established and he wasn't good at it.

That defensive line was largely ineffective for large parts of the season and they were carried by turnovers and that linebacking duo, and that team is built to be carried by the defensive line.
Grapesoda2525
Macarthur said:

Agree. Pretty shocking. Someone online said they thought SF was the other team courting Zimmer.
That's news to me. I didn't even know another team was talking to Zimmer.
Macarthur
Grapesoda2525 said:

Macarthur said:

That's news to me. I didn't even know another team was talking to Zimmer.
Zimmer said in his presser that he was talking to another team but dallas was where he wanted to be.
First Page Refresh
Page 114 of 114

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.