******* Official Cowboys draft 2024 *******

61,243 Views | 970 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Tksymm7
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One of my favorite Cowboy's Stadium memories revolved around a jersey. We were playing the Eagles (this was ~10 years ago). They were beating us early and this Eagle's jersey wearing fool was talking crap. Then the game turned in the Cowboys favor and this guy started hearing it from everyone!

It was late in the game when I noticed the jersey he was wearing... it was a Kevin Kobb jersey (this was the year after Philly gave up on the guy). I pronounced loudly for everyone to hear "Awww heck yeah dude, you're wearing a Kobb jersey, right on bro!!!!".

Oh man, everybody in that entire section pointed and laughed and the only thing he could do was drop his head down and take what he had coming to him!!!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
The Cowboys FB page is an epic failure and you guys should read the comments.

It's like they have ZERO self awareness or idea as to what will set the fans off. The last 24 hours have been filled with many different Zeke posts from the team. Almost as if they have pulled off some major coup to get him and the comments are brutal under each post. Before that, they were focusing on Cowboys players style.
Southlake
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

The Cowboys FB page is an epic failure and you guys should read the comments.

It's like they have ZERO self awareness or idea as to what will set the fans off. The last 24 hours have been filled with many different Zeke posts from the team. Almost as if they have pulled off some major coup to get him and the comments are brutal under each post. Before that, they were focusing on Cowboys players style.
Well, he did average 3.5 yards a rush last year, only slightly lower than the 3.8 he averaged with the cowboys his last year here.

But, I'm sure Jerry knows somethIng we don't…
PooDoo
AG
Broaddus says the Cowboys LOVE Dowdle and think he can be an everydown back.
He predicted they will go with the current RB room and overpay with draft picks mid year, like they did with Cooper, if RB by committee doesn't work.
Macarthur
There's nothing wrong w Dowdle.
Agristotle
AG
Barkley contract, $12.2M/y,
Rico $1.3M/yr

That's good relative value.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I took the inaction to mean they are happy with Dowdle as compared to the options on the board late in the 3rd. That said, he basically missed most of 2 seasons due to different injuries and didn't exactly light it up in the chances he got last season, which 90ish carries was not chump change. So there has to be some level of concern about keeping him available and impactful. I like what I see from him in flashes, but gonna need a lot more than flashes.
zgolfz85
AG
I still have hope for deuce. He's a midget, but I just can't imagine that much college production doing absolutely nothing in the pros. Other super short RBs have been super valuable and too many to name
zgolfz85
AG
Kiper gave the Boys the same draft grade of B- that I did. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing but seems not great
DannyDuberstein
AG
I like the talent they did get. Realistically, a team drafting where they were and without a 4th is unlikely to get a high grade.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Dowdle didn't scream 15-20 carry guy to me. And Duece is nothing but situational type guy. Maybe 5 touches max and 4 of those swing passes out of the backfield.
Macarthur
There was prob only one guy in this entire draft that would get more that 15 carries a game for Dallas.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Ok I'm just saying Dowdle doesn't seem like him either so what are they doing? I still say it was mistake to not at least make Henry an offer. Give him 10-15 carries a game then Dowdle looks much better.
Macarthur
I just think it was going to be a by committee RB room regardless.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Yeah probably so. I just prefer having that guy you can count on.
jteagle
AG
Macarthur said:

I just think it was going to be a by committee RB room regardless.

That may be but what if your committee is a bunch of mediocre talent? At this point, I am not a believer.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Right now there's no reason to believe it will be any better than the below average 4.0-4.1 YPC rushing game that it was last year. But we'll see. Usually you like to see that 2nd back have a higher YPC, then when he becomes a starter it usually drops. But Dowdle's YPC was right at their team average YPC.
Agristotle
AG
I love Henry but 2 years $16 million is not in the budget.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I'm more than OK with Dallas not paying Henry that kinda deal.

Lets see on Dowdle. Obviously they know what they have in him so maybe he'll surprise.
Southlake
Agristotle said:

I love Henry but 2 years $16 million is not in the budget.

It is if you win your division
Agristotle
AG
They would have to do more than win the division. They won the division last year and look how ticked off everyone is.
Southlake
Agristotle said:

They would have to do more than win the division. They won the division last year and look how ticked off everyone is.
Not sure they were ticked because they won their division. It's what happened after…

jr15aggie
AG
There's nothing I hate more than modern RBs without any burst. Sure they will, sometimes, run through a few guys or punish a tired defense. But that doesn't help you when they are consistently getting 2-3 yard gains most of the game.

No thanks on Henry and no thanks on Zeke getting more than 5 carries a game this season.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Charean Williams went off on how poorly the Cowboys have managed themselves and the cap the last few years on TexAgs Radio this morning. Saying what a lot of us already have said but a few seem unwilling to accept.
Infection_Ag11
AG
To be fair, there's a bit of an axe to grind there. She's not well liked within the organization.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tksymm7
AG
Her and OB just constantly berating and bashing the cowboys is brutal. I get it, we're all battered cowboys fans at this point and they deserve their fair share of heat for the way they have done things AT TIMES over the past 10 or so year, but they are exhausting.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.