Helldivers 2

17,212 Views | 218 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by redline248
AvsB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"PC Master Race" is all up in arms about having to have a PS account to play. Funny to watch the melt over this!
RIP ATMHockey
redline248
AG
I saw a post where everyone was review bombing the game, which is so dumb b/c you know they were all still playing it
All I do is Nguyen
I honestly don't see the big deal. It took me five mins to create a PSN account.
dcaggie04
AG
Yeah, it now sits at mixed (65%) on steam with recent reviews at mostly negative (32%).
dcaggie04
AG
I do now there are some countries where people can't create a psn account as it is blocked or their countries doesn't have psn availability.
All I do is Nguyen
That I 100% understand why those people would
Be upset. Sony need to make exceptions for those people tho
KidDoc
AG
My wife has been out of town transporting a foster dog so i've had a lot of HD time lately and holy smokes this game is so fun!

Currently doing hard (5) and so many awesome intense moments nearly every play session. Love it!

FOR DEMOCRACY!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
redline248
AG
Time to go suicide so you can start getting those super rares while serving up some liber-tea
KidDoc
AG
redline248 said:

Time to go suicide so you can start getting those super rares while serving up some liber-tea

Tried this today with a bunch of random higher levels vs bots and it did not end happily! Those tanks are rough. It was one of those rescue missions which I don't like anyway.

Oh and the steam review bombing is ridiculous. So dumb
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
redline248
AG
Yeah, tanks are tough. The giant walkers are worse
KidDoc
AG
redline248 said:

I didn't have too much trouble with them. I'm working on an autocannon mission so the taller bots I could pick off. The low profile tanks gave me issues. Although I did get some bounces with AC, I need to find their soft spots.
Fenrir
KidDoc said:

redline248 said:

I didn't have too much trouble with them. I'm working on an autocannon mission so the taller bots I could pick off. The low profile tanks gave me issues. Although I did get some bounces with AC, I need to find their soft spots.

I don't think you're talking about the same thing. He is talking about the factory striders which is a beast to take down. They are like the AT-AT from Star wars.

Last night it felt like the difficulty levels were all messed up. Level 7 missions were a much bigger struggle than normal and I dropped down to a level 5 mission and had 4 bile titans and 5 chargers dropped on us at extraction. Wtf
KidDoc
AG
Fenrir said:

KidDoc said:

redline248 said:

I don't think you're talking about the same thing. He is talking about the factory striders which is a beast to take down. They are like the AT-AT from Star wars.

Last night it felt like the difficulty levels were all messed up. Level 7 missions were a much bigger struggle than normal and I dropped down to a level 5 mission and had 4 bile titans and 5 chargers dropped on us at extraction. Wtf
You are correct I was talking about the big bulky flamethrower guys with the glowing back packs.
AtlAg05
AG
The Hulks!

The difficulty seems weird to me as well , 8 seemed easier than 7s. Where one 7 kill bugs blitz we had a titan every wave.
Hagen95
AG
It seems that the extracts are getting swarmed much more now.
Fenrir
Which wouldn't necessarily bother me except some maps have extract points that are completely indefensible and I had one where titan after titan and charger after charger were spawning right at extract. It was nuts. Pelican got so damaged it either left or something and we had to wait for it to try a second time and this was the level 5 mission.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Is it still worth it? This game was boring af 3 weeks after launch. Same gameplay loop forever. This game was never up for GOTY right?
KidDoc
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

Is it still worth it? This game was boring af 3 weeks after launch. Same gameplay loop forever. This game was never up for GOTY right?

I love it but it may not be your cup of liberty!
lb sand
AG
My son and his buddies told me about this game shortly after it launched. I've been playing a few times per week and having so much fun. I recently dinged lvl 43. Been doing suicide missions, trying to collect enough samples to max out my destroyer. I've opened up the options to do helldiver level but haven't done one yet.
The suicide missions aren't "that" hard with a good crew.I almost always run with randoms and probably have a 2/3 good experience. Made a few ps friends and if those guys are on, the mission always runs smoother.
All I do is Nguyen
Sony is backtracking on the PSN link!

evan_aggie
AG
Impressive level 43 just a few times a week!

I play 3 missions a session and that's about 60-90 min.
KidDoc
AG
I'm just surprised by how few players use microphones. Makes it so much more fun when other players are chatting.
redline248
AG
Especially when they drop an orbital barrage on your position...like, how about a heads up, man
MW03
AG
I play with a buddy on hard and hadn't played in a couple of weeks. We fired it up yesterday, and dadgum. I don't know if the bugs got bumped or what, but trying to evac off Hellmire with 3 chargers and 5 fire tornados converging on the landing zone is some BS.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Im barely up to suicide mission. Game is pretty fun, but I get it -- need to play with buddies for the most fun.
Fenrir
redline248 said:

Especially when they drop an orbital barrage on your position...like, how about a heads up, man
I'm about to the point of TK'ing people that run the 380 barrage. It's the worst stratagem. Somehow it leaves everything you want demo'd standing but manages to TK at least one or two divers since it's range is stupid big and lasts for way too long.

On the other end of the spectrum, my fav is the people who obviously are not very familiar with the orbital airburst and run into the kill zone after the first blast not realizing that there is going to be 2 more coming shortly after. My favorite things in this game are the orbital airburst on a bug breach and shooting a nuke as I'm making a tactical retreat and killing 100+ enemies in one shot. So satisfying.
redline248
AG
Hellmire is the worst
KidDoc
AG
Fenrir said:

redline248 said:

I'm about to the point of TK'ing people that run the 380 barrage. It's the worst stratagem. Somehow it leaves everything you want demo'd standing but manages to TK at least one or two divers since it's range is stupid big and lasts for way too long.

On the other end of the spectrum, my fav is the people who obviously are not very familiar with the orbital airburst and run into the kill zone after the first blast not realizing that there is going to be 2 more coming shortly after. My favorite things in this game are the orbital airburst on a bug breach and shooting a nuke as I'm making a tactical retreat and killing 100+ enemies in one shot. So satisfying.
I was playing around with that barrage yesterday and the radius is stupid big. I tossed it a good 100 meters from the extraction and still got some TKs.

Glad to know it wasn't just me who underestimated it!
Fenrir
Also just FYI...apparently resupply stratagems stick to your squadmates. I was needing a resupply while we were on the move to next objective and tossed one way out in front of me. Managed to hit one guy while he was full sprint. Luckily we discovered that if you time it correctly, you can dive out of the way of the pod just before it hits ground and kills you.
Hagen95
AG
I love the orbital airburst now, since they nerfed my quasar cannon. My squadmates, however, do not love it so much.
redline248
AG
When did that start? Haven't seen it
All I do is Nguyen
I've seen s verbal videos of this happening, always on accident of course.

Anything else Automaton propaganda
Hagen95
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Good work helldivers.
KidDoc
AG
Hagen95 said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

Good work helldivers.

Can someone explain to me why this is such a big deal? It took all of two seconds to link my steam to PS when i first installed it.
Hagen95
AG
IMO, it isn't a big deal, but it is nice to see the big corp bow down to market pressure and not just run over the audience they want money from.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.