Savannah Bananas coming to Houston

8,774 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Breggy Popup
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sea Speed said:

I've been doing that. If it doesn't come in by COB today I may just use a different email.
Be careful. They are attaching it to your phone number and when you try a new email with the same number it may kick you out.
Sea Speed
AG
Roger, I will continue to wait. I assume you can sign up with both spouses numbers though.
ktownag08
AG
Got my email today
Hornbeck
I got the email, no text
Sea Speed
AG
Email received, text sent.
TexAg2001
AG
I submitted my initial request last Friday. I got my first response from them this morning asking me to confirm my email via email and also to send them a text to verify. I got a confirmation email a couple minutes after doing the verification.

Copy/Paste from the confirmation email I received:

Being eligible for the Ticket Lottery doesn't guarantee you the opportunity to purchase tickets.

Your name will be entered into a random drawing, which will occur about 2 months in advance of the events in Houston
Available tickets will be up for grabs by those lucky individuals (you guessed it) about 2 months in advance of the games.
If you're drawn, you'll have the opportunity to purchase a handful of tickets.

I guess I'll be on the lookout for something in January for the event at MMP. I wonder what they mean by a "handful of tickets"? Surely I'll be able to buy 5 so the whole family can go....
Tibbers
No text it's been days.
n_touch
Tibbers said:

No text it's been days.

Do the fix I posted earlier
Sea Speed
AG
Aren't you supposed to text them?
Aggie
AG
Completely shocked there is that much demand

I'd of never guessed it

Josepi
AG
I just signed up

Took about 30 minutes to get the e-mail and the directions.
WES2006AG
AG
Got my text this morning after signing up and getting my email 6 days ago.
TexAg2001
AG
I received an update email this afternoon. It says they stopped taking lottery submissions on 12/1. Lottery winners will be notified by the end of the day this Friday, 12/8. Lottery winners will then get an email on Thursday, 12/14 with the time you'll be allowed to purchase tickets. 5 ticket maximum

Tickets are open seating, with prices ranging from $40 - $60 depending on which "zone" you choose.
Capstone
AG
I got the same email this afternoon. Ticket prices are super reasonable at $40-$60. Fingers crossed I get tickets.
Noble07
AG
I signed up for the lottery and just realized the purchase limit is 5. I wonder what the 2nd hand market will be like for this b/c I've got a household of 6.
spadilly
S
Got the "you didn't get picked and you've been put on the waitlist" email just now for MMP.
Noble07
AG
Waitlist here as well.

I guess we've got 3 months to peruse the third party resales, but I was hoping to make this a Christmas present.
WES2006AG
AG
Waitlist here. Not too broken up about it because I would have likely sold them anyways.
HarryRocket
Didn't get picked
Jbob04
AG
Didn't get tickets either.
wessimo
AG
Struck out also.
wessimo
AG
Haven't seen one person on here or on X that got picked in the lottery.

Hmmm.... resellers must have gone Bananas with virtual phone #s to defeat the verification system.
RJH10
AG
Didn't get picked, either
gibby03
AG
Not picked here either. Waitlisted.
TexAg2001
AG
My son and I both got rejection emails. A friend got waitlisted. I saw they offered presale tickets to all STH today. I imagine they bought most of the lower sections
htownag08
AG
Waitlist here too
07ag
AG
Rejected
https://ts.la/eric59704
Jbob04
AG
An ag was selling tickets on the ticket exchange already for $225 a piece
Cromagnum
AG
Rejected
Cromagnum
AG
Noble07 said:

I signed up for the lottery and just realized the purchase limit is 5. I wonder what the 2nd hand market will be like for this b/c I've got a household of 6.

Ciboag96
Rejected
Bert315
AG
wessimo said:

Haven't seen one person on here or on X that got picked in the lottery.

Hmmm.... resellers must have gone Bananas with virtual phone #s to defeat the verification system.

Supposedly they will cancel any tickets posted on secondary websites for sale. I'm Noel's sure how that will work but they are trying to prevent resellers from messing it up.
TxAg82
AG
My wife and I both got waitlisted. 4 other couples that are part of our 8u softball team got waitlisted. I haven't heard of a single person that got tickets in the lottery...

Makes me wonder if the Bananas are using the lottery system to help gather verified phone numbers and emails for their own marketing or to sell the information.

I know they are popular but 500k wait list for the Sugar Land games is insane.
spadilly
S
I read there were there were 158,255 lottery entries for 41,000 seats.

I think they got the 500,000+ number by taking the entries and multiplying by (up to) 5 seats for each entry.

Quote:

The Savannah Bananas a nontraditional team based out of Savannah, Georgia, and considered by some to be the Harlem Globetrotters of baseball will make a stop at Minute Maid Park next year as part of their 2024 tour. When the tour was announced in October, the team set up a lottery system for tickets, which closed on Dec. 1. Team owner Jesse Cole wrote on Instagram that more than 2 million people joined the ticket lottery, and Houston was the most popular city.

There were 158,255 lottery entries for the team's stop in Houston, nearly quadruple the capacity of Minute Maid Park, which seats 41,000 fans. The 2024 tour is the first time the Savannah Bananas will host games at MLB stadiums, and it's the second time the team is playing in Houston. The team played three games at Constellation Park in Sugar Land in 2023.

"To see numerous cities with over 100,000 people wanting to go, is something we won't take for granted. We are fired up," Cole wrote in his Instagram post. "But now we want to make sure these people have the most fun they've ever had at a sporting event and want to come back for many years to come."

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2023/12/07/savannah-bananas-minute-maid-park-houston-2024.html
Sea Speed
AG
Rejected. Texags has better odds with the masters lottery than this.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.