*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

334,357 Views | 6966 Replies | Last: 49 sec ago by DallasAg 94
gigem1223
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Water Boy said:

Btw Julio Rodriguez has the exact same amount of RBIs and HRs as Wyatt Langford. Just something to keep in mind.

Most overrated player in baseball
DallasAg 94
With White and Leiter... I'd go with some Tommy Lasorda quality motivation...

"You each get at least one more start. Then, one of you will get their next start in Arlington staying in a posh hotel eating quality food. The other will have a few days to reflect on their trip back to AAA and living in a ****ty apartment eating fast food."
Tksymm7
AG
He's definitely up there on the list. I would add Vlad Jr. and Luis Robert to that list at well.
KT 90
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Rotation ahead:
@ Colorado
5/10: Open @ Gomber
5/11: Gray @ Feltner
5/12: Heaney @ Hudson
v Cle
5/13: Open v Bibee
5/14: Lorenzen v Lively
5/15: Open v Carrasco

SP Option for Open:
Urena <- Went 90PC on Tues
Cole Winn: 8G, 6.10, 0.774 WHIP, 10.1 IP, 10 SO
Owen White: 1G, Inf ERA, 0.0 IP, 3H, 0 BB
Jack Leiter: 2GS, 12.91, 2.348 WHIP, 7.2 IP, 6 SO

I can see Leiter getting the 5/13 GS. Maybe Urena.

MLB has added a limit to Optioning a player during the season to 4 times. Leiter has used 1. If he gets sent down as part of the xtra spot for the DH, it doesn't count. However, if they don't send him down... he'll burn the 2nd of 4 Options during the season.

If Dunning and Sborz are both out for extended periods, we'll likely have to keep Leiter as the only in-house viable option.

Eovaldi won't be eligible to be back until after May 18, IIRC. That is if he is healthy.

I think Owen White might be back out there for the Friday GS. With the high altitude and thin air, someone will be sacrificed and it will likely be a complete mess.

Update on rotation:

Jimmy McNulty
AG
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94 said:

Their hitting is bad. It could just be the cooler damp NW weather early is helping the P.

Consider this:
AL ERA for SP:
4 5. Mariners: 3.34 3.61, 1.03 WHIP, 215.1 IP, 216 SO
7. Rangers: 3.71, 1.18 WHIP, 213.2, 204 SO

Mariners: 5 SP
1. 15. Gilbert: 7GS, 1.69, 0.79 <Updated: 8GS, 2.94, 0.94>
10 9. Miller: 7GS, 2.61, 0.92
20. Castillo: 8GS, 3.54, 1.14
27. Kirby: 8GS, 4.15, 1.04
Hancock: 7GS, 5.24, 1.31 37th

Rangers: 8 SP
8 7. Gray: 7GS, 2.50, 1.16
10 9. Eovaldi: 7GS, 2.61, 1.16
Dunning: 7GS, 4.10, 1.15 (27th if Q. Needs 1.2 IP)
Heaney: 7GS, 4.50, 1.11 (33rd if Q. Needs 3.0)
Lorenzen: 5GS, 4.66, 1.34 (10.0 IP from Q) 33rd

Bradford: 3GS, 1.40, 0.62
Leiter: 2GS, 12.91
Urena: 1GS

Seattle has not had a disruption in their rotation. I don't know that Bradford maintains his performance, but he was projected for the rotation.

Seattle has 5 P on the IL. Only 1 is a SP and I don't think he was necessarily projected in their 2024 rotation.

This will be interesting.
Just thought I'd update.

No more updates until well after the Rangers get out of Denver.
Water Boy
AG
Watching the Tom Brady roast on Netflix and somehow Adolis made an appearance.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

They better turn it around quickly... I thought I had my 4 txts to the Saturday game against the Astros sold to an Astros fan and now "they can't come."

That bandwagon is going to empty quickly if they don't show some life... and then I won't get as much for my txts.
Bandwagon isn't going to empty after 2 games. Chillax
How about 3 Games? @ Home?!
Still too soon?!
Fenrir
DallasAg 94 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

They better turn it around quickly... I thought I had my 4 txts to the Saturday game against the Astros sold to an Astros fan and now "they can't come."

That bandwagon is going to empty quickly if they don't show some life... and then I won't get as much for my txts.
Bandwagon isn't going to empty after 2 games. Chillax
How about 3 Games? @ Home?!
Still too soon?!
I love that you're going back 6 weeks to collect receipts.
DallasAg 94
It's a day off.
Grapesoda2525
ChoppinDs40 said:

Blows my mind that we're 5 games above .500 and leading our division with this mash unit. Outside of 5 hitters in our line up, we're a bunch of "who is that?"

Literally, our entire projected SP rotation is on the IL right now.
Where the hell would this team be without the Joey gallo trade?
KT 90
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

It's a day off.

Well since it is an off day and all (and you presumably have time on your hands ), get to work on your trade offer for Miller. I am off to high school baseball for the evening.

Roger Kint
AG
I think he defrauded some folks on here, but I might be mixing up bad posters.
fc2112
KT 90 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

It's a day off.

Well since it is an off day and all (and you presumably have time on your hands ), get to work on your trade offer for Miller. I am off to high school baseball for the evening.

Imagine how great that would be.
Tksymm7
AG
KT 90 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

It's a day off.

Would.
Water Boy
AG
The price for Miller is probably too high for us to afford. Rather trade for some starting pitching if we do make moves.
Tksymm7
AG
We could've (and should've) traded for Dylan Cease…..
Flounder Dorfman
AG
There was no way they were going to give up a package that it would have taken to get Cease when they had just signed Mahle and were planning on Scherzer and DeGrom to return.

This team's window is open for several years. They need to get healthy more than they needed to make that trade. I'm glad they didn't do it.
Danny Vermin
I have absolute faith in CY if we need something at the deadline. We all owe him that.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
I do as well.

I don't really understand the Mahle signing though. I guess that was done with an eye towards 2025 since he can't really be counted on for 2024.
Water Boy
AG
I'm cool with whatever CY wants to do. Just won a ring last year and the window should be open for at least 2 more seasons at a minimum. I may be delusional but when healthy this team is up there with LA and Atlanta.
gigem1223
Flounder Dorfman said:

There was no way they were going to give up a package that it would have taken to get Cease when they had just signed Mahle and were planning on Scherzer and DeGrom to return.

This team's window is open for several years. They need to get healthy more than they needed to make that trade. I'm glad they didn't do it.

How could you possibly be happy they didn't do it with how dominant Cease has been this season and with how dire our SP situation is currently?
Tksymm7
AG
Cease might be the NL Cy Young, just to add some context.
gigem1223
Tksymm7 said:

Cease might be the NL Cy Young, just to add some context.

And the rumor was Duran and Leiter were the headliners to get it done. I was all about it at the time and that certainly hasn't changed now.
Tksymm7
AG
DallasAg 94

Mason Miller (25-RHP) is interesting.

If I read his Service Time, he is Arb in '26, but a FA in '30. I think that makes him one of those Super2s, which is 4 yrs of Arb.

Regardless... 5.5 years of team control.

So far in '24: 13G, 1.10 ERA, 16.1 IP, 4 BB, 33 SO, 0.673 WHIP.

Would I want him for the Playoffs? ABSOLUTELY.

From what I've understood he has had elbow concerns and the way he throws, as mentioned weeks ago... he is a TJ waiting to be needed.

If we had the following for 7-8-9 (bottom to top):
Mas Miller: 13G, 1.10 ERA, 16.1 IP, 4 BB, 33 SO, 0.673 WHIP
KirbyYates: 14G, 0.56 ERA, 16.0 IP, 6 BB, 17 SO, 0.688 WHIP
Roberstson: 17G, 0.87 ERA, 20.2 IP, 7 BB, 27 SO, 0.774 WHIP

You are looking at a 5-6 Inning Game.

Due to injury expectations, I'd wait to the deadline to grab him if possible and he'd be mainly for Post-Season use.

What would I NOT give up?! Anyone on the Active Roster.

I'd be willing to include any combination of our Top30 Prospects except Langford. Would I give up Walcott and Porter?! Man, it sure was fun winning the World Series and to be in the driver's seat for back-to-backs?!

Yes, I'm concerned about our SP for the next couple weeks. It is what it is and we just need to get some guys to step up. I don't think we need to trade for a SP of consequence. Just need Leiter, White, and Urena to help shoulder the Innings load.

If we had Robertson-Yates-Miller for the 6-7-8... And a rotation of Eovaldi + Gray/Dunning/Bradford + (Scherzer/deGrom/Mahle) as our 1-2-3...

THAT would be pretty exciting.
Tksymm7
AG
And before anyone says "you didnt want to trade away Anthony Hoopii for Grossman", yeah you're still correct. I didn't want to trade a 23 year old RP having a great year for a 30+ guy DH who only hits lefties and plays outfield at an atrocious rate that wasn't wanted by ALL 30 MLB TEAMS until opening day.
DallasAg 94
The Mahle signing was weird but makes more sense as you think about it.

Mahle and Rocker had their TJ on the same day by Dr. Meister. So, their timelines would be mostly sync that gives Rocker someone rehab with.

But, yes... an eye towards 2025 and a trade dealine lottery for '24.

At $5M for '24, you got a guy in 2025 ($15M) that you get to rehab and know where he is.

Since he get to the 60IL, he doesn't cost you a roster spot in '24, until he is ready to return. At which point, you've got a SP at the trade deadline that cost you $5M. If he contributes it was cheap. If he doesn't, you don't really lose much.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
gigem1223 said:

Flounder Dorfman said:

How could you possibly be happy they didn't do it with how dominant Cease has been this season and with how dire our SP situation is currently?

Because they had dedicated a ton of resources already to starting pitching and that would have gutted our farm system. The system is ranked high right now only because of Carter and Langford being included. For the equivalent of what the Padres gave up, I would not have wanted to do it.

And if you think that's crazy, Chris Young agreed. So there's that.

But regardless, my point is you don't sign Mahle with the intention of trading for Cease. Scherzer, DeGrom, Mahle, Eovaldi, Gray, Bradford, Heaney, Dunning on the team and you want to outbid Preller and the Padres? No thanks.

And for the record, of course I would like to have Cease on the roster. But from a front office perspective, it's like trading for an all-star SS because Seager is coming off an injury. Or pick a second baseman when you have Semien. Or a first or third baseman or an outfielder with what you already have.

They'll make an impactful trade at some point, but they need to use their assets wisely, which I have full faith that CY will do.
Seven Costanza
AG
Random Trivia: Jim Abbott (the one-handed pitcher) had two hits as a major leaguer. Both were against the same pitcher (Jon Lieber).
DallasAg 94
If you are in Denver Saturday, you could catch the Rangers at like 5... then the Stars at 7.

20-25 years ago, we'd go to an afternoon Stars game and then that night hit a Rangers game. Oh... being single...
dvldog
AG
We're going in for tomorrow's game and have no choice but to come back Saturday for other reasons. Wish we would have had a way to see into the future to be able to stay an extra day.

We'll at least be wearing Stars gear on the plane...
GrapevineAg
AG
n/m
Water Boy
AG
Stars win, mavs win, mariners lose. Pretty good day.
MrCoachEricTaylor
Add that we had one more day go by without someone else being injured!
First Page Last Page
Page 176 of 200

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.