Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Houston..we have a problem....

7,059,610 Views | 28372 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Cyp0111
MAROON
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Comeby! said:

Natty jumping right now.
why?
ChemAg15
AG
There's a project manager somewhere that's having a hell of a day. Any idea whose tower this was?
Sims
AG
I'm aware of who the freight broker was but not much further than that.
CavitationAG
AG
Anyone know any good valve companies in the Corpus/Victoria/Kenedy area? Specifically companies or people that handle field service, PSV testing, actuation, etc.
txaggie_08
AG
BusinessAg said:

Where are you seeing that?

https://www.reuters.com/markets/commodities/diamondback-energy-endeavor-receive-second-ftc-request-over-26-bln-deal-2024-04-29/
Sims
AG
Chester dot Bullard at res dash co dot com

RES Energy Solutions
Dan Scott
AG
WHOA FTC accused Scott Sheffield of colluding with OPEC. Approved PXD/XOM if Sheffield not allowed on the board.

" The Federal Trade Commission is set to allege as soon as Wednesday that Sheffield engaged in collusive activity that could have raised the price of oil, these people said. The allegations will include that Sheffield sent hundreds of messages to representatives of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries about market dynamics, including pricing and production levels."

https://www.wsj.com/business/energy-oil/exxon-to-close-megadeal-pioneer-ceo-to-be-barred-from-exxon-board-in-deal-with-ftc-884c939e?st=cwhwbp3o1cjy4uj&reflink=article_copyURL_share
Furlock Bones
AG
From that reading, this sounds like kind of a joke. A big show of the government doing something.
tremble
AG
Pretty silly argument. Investors were already punishing shale cos for incinerating money so it's not like talking with OPEC meant anything.
Owen Kellogg
AG
I don't know about that.

If they have evidence of him discussing price strategy with OPEC that is clear antitrust.

That's a crime. Grant it, the government does it all the time!
Bibendum 86
AG
tremble said:

Pretty silly argument. Investors were already punishing shale cos for incinerating money so it's not like talking with OPEC meant anything.
The only way that this gets legs is if they find evidence that Sheffield shared PXD production figures with OPEC prior to release of PXD earnings. Forward curves on WTI/Brent are very well known. OPEC produces 25 million bpd while PXD does less than 10% of that number. Not a market mover. None of this makes any sense.
File5
AG
Maybe someone in Exxon (or Pioneer) wanted him gone and made this an "issue"? At his level and time at Pioneer someone could have found a million things to get him with.
GarlandAg2012
AG
It wouldn't shock me to find out this is an Exxon motivated move. He's a very influential person who loves to have control. That said, I thought he had a good relationship with Exxon management so who knows. Hard to understand the FTC being on this without some sort of insider/leak
Dan Scott
AG
I could see Sheffield doing something like this. More than others he was out there saying the quiet part out loud that the industry needs to slow Permian production. He also used to be at OPEC meetings.
Dan Scott
AG
Dan Scott
AG

Interesting to go back to COVID times
Dan Scott
AG
jagvocate
AG
Call the guys that do train derailments

Maverick06
AG
Hulcher Services would have it done in minutes.
TxAg20
AG
Bibendum 86 said:

tremble said:

The only way that this gets legs is if they find evidence that Sheffield shared PXD production figures with OPEC prior to release of PXD earnings. Forward curves on WTI/Brent are very well known. OPEC produces 25 million bpd while PXD does less than 10% of that number. Not a market mover. None of this makes any sense.

PXD would have been less than 2% of OPEC production if they were a member. KSA production cuts or increases are multiples of PXD's production, so Scott's texts can't really move the market.
nosoupforyou
AG
Confirmed

XOM will acquire PXD tomorrow May 3 and Sheffield has agreed to step out

https://www.hartenergy.com/exclusives/ftc-oks-exxon-pioneer-merger-bars-sheffield-exxons-board-209032
BiochemAg97
AG
Kinda wonder if the FTC does actually file charges against Sheffield or do they drop it now that he is out. I can certainly see Exxon and Sheffield agreeing to a consent decree to move the merger to close and avoid delays due to a legal battle between Sheffield and the FTC. But I wonder if the FTC actually believes they actually have a case they can win or if they were just using the allegation as leverage.
TxAg20
AG
As a couple of people above mentioned, I think someone with FTC or Biden admin stroke didn't want Sheffield on the XOM board and the OPEC collusion is just a way to get what they want.
Dan Scott
AG

FTC complaint linked. Somebody in FTC had no case against the merger and picked this to get a win. Sheffield made it easy for them though
nosoupforyou
AG
it's official - XOM has closed the deal with Pioneer as of 20 minutes ago this am

https://corporate.exxonmobil.com/news/news-releases/2024/0503_exxonmobil-completes-acquisition-of-pioneer-natural-resources
nosoupforyou
AG
anyone know what's going on with Diamondback / Endeavor? Pushed to Q4?
jetch17
AG
FTC taking a second look
txaggie_08
AG
FANG was notified Monday it was going to Second Review. As of FANG's earnings call on Wednesday, they are again saying expect a Q4 close. Hopefully that gets accelerated, especially with XOM getting the green light.
CPDAggie10
AG
I wonder what Sheffield's golden parachute will look like
Ag CPA
AG
Hopefully it doesn't include DOJ prosecution.
TxAg20
AG
CPDAggie10 said:

I wonder was Sheffield's golden parachute will look like

Starts on page 110:
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/34088/000119312523281591/d558467ds4.htm#rom558467_81e
AgLA06
AG
CPDAggie10 said:

I wonder was Sheffield's golden parachute will look like
I grabbed it from the link.

"Mr. Sheffield will commence a new, non-executive position as Special Advisor to the Chief Executive Officer of Pioneer on January 1, 2024 (the "Transition Date") and will serve in such position until the closing of the Merger and will continue as an employee and as a member of the Pioneer board following the Transition Date. As of the Transition Date, Mr. Sheffield will not receive a base salary, and will not be eligible for future annual cash bonus awards or equity awards, but he will continue to vest in all outstanding equity awards in accordance with their terms. Mr. Sheffield will be eligible for the termination benefits described above under his CIC Agreement upon the expiration of his transition services effective as of the closing of the Merger, which will be considered a termination of his employment by Pioneer without cause. Any termination benefits provided to Mr. Sheffield will be determined by reference to his base salary, target bonus amounts and retirement plan participation as in effect on October 10, 2023.

To the extent any payment or benefit under the CIC Agreements is delayed to comply with Section 409A of the Code, the amount is to be contributed to a grantor trust, with such amount to be invested through such trust in U.S. Treasury securities or money market investments, and the executive officer would be paid any earnings accrued on the amount during the required delay period."

Since there was a completely different section for the other executives before this one, it almost sounds like they knew this going in.
AgLA06
AG
Here's the numbers if you want to calculate.

Looks like about $140 Million

TxAg20
AG
I think most of the equity was already held, so that's not all part of the CiC payout. I read shortly after the deal was announced the Sheffield's CiC was around $39 million. I'll be curious if the amendment that removes him from the XOM board (original deal was Sheffield and one other PXD board member would get XOM board seats) includes a monetary substitute for Sheffield.

Dan Scott
AG
XOM grants 8K shares to new board memebers so at least another million
First Page
Page 810 of 811

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.