Portal news

20,035 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Kbeauty63
WBBALLFAN84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggiedrjdub said:

Kylie Marshall is in the transfer portal. This does not surprise me at all. She got zero playing time.
Wow, this is concerning but I'm not surprised. Another square peg round hole player that in my opinion talents don't fit how Coach Joni runs her offense. 4 out of the 6 players in the portal are guards. My question is why are all of your guards leaving? Some of you have said that they have reached their ceiling so go out and get players that can produce. I say they weren't developed and don't fit the offensive system.

I've said all year, their are 2 types of coaches. a System Coach that runs the same offense every year and doesn't adapt to the players talent on the team. Some players adapt and others may feel that system doesn't fit their talents. The second is a non-system coach which develops an offense around the talent that they recruit or the talents currently on the team. In my opinion this type of system is preferred because it is tailored to the talents of the players and they have defined roles that they can feel comfortable in.

Long story short, this coaching staff has to either recruit players that fit their system perfectly or build one around the talents of the current players on the team.
AggieSports
AG

TCU getting better
taylorswift13_
So we decide before year 3 to blow it all up and go this route
aggiedrjdub
AG
Congrats to Aicha who was nominated by Texas A&M athletics as female newcomer of the year. What an honor. Gig'em!
Kbeauty63
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Congrats to Aicha who was nominated by Texas A&M athletics as female newcomer of the year. What an honor. Gig'em!
Oh I HOPE she gets it!! She is so delightful to talk to
trackaggie76
AG
Not sure how we missed so badly on her!
WBBALLFAN84
trackaggie76 said:

Not sure how we missed so badly on her!
I am not so sure that it was a miss. I just don't think she fits the 2 or 3 type player that is needed for the system that Coach Joni runs. That is not a negative on Kylie's game either because she has skills.
aggiedrjdub
AG
I just remember Joni kept saying that she needed to learn to play faster. I bet she works better in a set offense maybe? Idk. I would assume we have some good transfers coming in. Hope to hear something soon.
fitzwatema
AG
It would be nice to hear some news about transferring in instead of going out!
Rudybryan
Kbeauty63 said:

Rudybryan said:

Rudybryan said:

aggiedrjdub said:

Kylie Marshall is in the transfer portal. This does not surprise me at all. She got zero playing time.

Dumb question how many people are left

Aicha Wade ??????
Aicha, Lauren, Sole, Jada, Erica, Vanessa, Sahara, & Kyndall
wasn't Kyndall Hunter arrested - "We are aware of the situation and per department policy, the student-athletes are suspended indefinitely. Further comment will be withheld until more information is known," said Women's Basketball Information Director Brandon Collins. So can see play?
Kbeauty63
AG
Rudybryan said:

Kbeauty63 said:

Rudybryan said:

Rudybryan said:

aggiedrjdub said:

Dumb question how many people are left

Aicha Wade ??????
Aicha, Lauren, Sole, Jada, Erica, Vanessa, Sahara, & Kyndall
wasn't Kyndall Hunter arrested - "We are aware of the situation and per department policy, the student-athletes are suspended indefinitely. Further comment will be withheld until more information is known," said Women's Basketball Information Director Brandon Collins. So can see play?

I don't know - I guess time will tell.
Gap
AG
I would assume Hunter will be back. I think the others involved were already going to be in the transfer portal. I don't recall a misdemeanor weed possession case ever being the sole reason a player was never able to play here again.
WBBALLFAN84
We got our first portal commitment, Janae Kent. She is listed as a 6' 1" Freshmen guard transfer from LSU. Welcome!!
fitzwatema
AG
Woo hoo! Welcome to Aggieland.
aggiedrjdub
AG
really surprised we haven't heard where barker or any of the others are going to end up.
AggieSports
AG
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10118182-hailey-van-lith-denies-tcu-transfer-rumor-says-shes-very-close-to-portal-decision
Weird that she's just now refuting it as that news came out last Thursday. Who knows…
aggiedrjdub
AG
Just saw Janiah post something that said FREEJB2 so I'm wondering what is going on behind the scenes.
Rudybryan
Now she says NO;.......Hailey Van Lith Denies TCU Transfer Rumor, Says She's 'Very Close' to Portal Decision

TYLER CONWAY[url=http://twitter.com/@jtylerconway][/url]
APRIL 23, 2024
Kbeauty63
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

Just saw Janiah post something that said FREEJB2 so I'm wondering what is going on behind the scenes.
and considering what I heard at the banquet (once they're in the portal - no coming back) that doesn't make sense...
AggieSports
AG
fitzwatema
AG
AggieSports said:

She would certainly be a take, if she is at all interested.
AggieSports
AG
Absolutely!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Hopefully Kyndal can put in a good word for us haha
AggieSports
AG
https://wbbblog.com/amina-muhammad/
Amina is out of DeSoto and was offered by Coach Blair in 2020. Maybe she would like to stay in-state and follow in the footsteps of many other great Aggie athletes out of DeSoto. I hope having one of her former teammates in our program is a plus.
AggieSports
AG
WBBALLFAN84
AggieSports said:

Yes, staff should at least make a call to both Amina and Samara. Both would be huge gets and fit needs.
AggieSports
AG
https://instagr.am/p/C6KQkR0p4z5
Lsu got a good one from Miss St ugh. Lsu has lots of NIL $$ to offer.
WBBALLFAN84
AggieSports said:

https://instagr.am/p/C6KQkR0p4z5
Lsu got a good one from Miss St ugh. Lsu has lots of NIL $$ to offer.

I hear that Shayeann Day-Wilson(Miami), Kailyn Gilbert(Arizona) and Mjracle Sheppard(Miss St) all committed to LSU. Wow, that strengthens the backcourt for sure.
AggieSports
AG
Yes it does.
aggiedrjdub
AG
I'm kind of thinking Barker goes to LSU or USC
AggieSports
AG

Can't wait to see who we get besides Janae. It seems like our transfers from last year signed on a little later in the process. Coulibaly did for sure.
Rudybryan
AggieSports said:

Amina is out of DeSoto and was offered by Coach Blair in 2020. Maybe she would like to stay in-state and follow in the footsteps of many other great Aggie athletes out of DeSoto. I hope having one of her former teammates in our program is a plus.

We had two from DeSota

Jordan Jones & Sydney Carter
aggiedrjdub
AG
MJ signed will Ball State
AggieSports
AG
Rudybryan said:

AggieSports said:

We had two from DeSota

Jordan Jones & Sydney Carter

Also Lisa Branch '96, first All-American in Aggie WBB history.
AggieSports
AG
aggiedrjdub said:

MJ signed will Ball State

Good for her. I wish her well!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.