***********2023-2024 San Antonio Spurs Thread********************

178,148 Views | 3299 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by Guitarsoup
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
His max contact is too expensive. Cleveland fans are not happy with him. If they dump him cheap, sure, but I don't want to give up a premium pick. Chicago pick, #8, and matching and I am considering it.
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

His max contact is too expensive. Cleveland fans are not happy with him. If they dump him cheap, sure, but I don't want to give up a premium pick. Chicago pick, #8, and matching and I am considering it.

I think if we had more pieces and were closer to being contenders, Garland would make more sense. But with his huge contract I don't think there's a price where he really makes sense for us right now. Don't get me wrong, he's a big upgrade over Jones. I just don't think he's enough of one at his contract.
Guitarsoup
AG

Enzo The Baker
AG
If Risacher and Castle are both available at 4, who we taking?
West Texan
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

If Risacher and Castle are both available at 4, who we taking?

I'd take Risacher personally.
Guitarsoup
AG
Risacher at 4 then trade Charlotte their stupid pick to jump from 8 to 6 to get Castle
Guitarsoup
AG

Interviews with a lot of the rookies. Dillingham talks about how he only puts in effort on defense at the end of games.
LawHall88
AG
Feels like he is signaling the Spurs here.
Guitarsoup
AG
LawHall88 said:

Feels like he is signaling the Spurs here.

Yeah, I feel like this is a "Charlotte, you ****heads better not draft me to play SG next to Ball."
Guitarsoup
AG

Obviously a Mavs video, but it shows the value in the taller playmaker being able to see over, pass over the defense breakdowns and doubles - something that Dillingham will not have the advantage of. You can see Topic doing it some - he makes the same skip passes when he isn't injured.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.