*****Official Dallas Stars 2023-2024 Season Thread*****

320,769 Views | 6180 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by micahb2002
GrapevineAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm hearing we play again Tuesday night. A whole day off - whoo!
EllisCoAg
AG
Roll the Bones said:

I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
MW03
AG
TyHolden
AG
Next series will be just as tough....1-3 h2h during the regular season
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Tuesday at 8:30 because…of course
sburg2007
Two more weeks!!!
Tksymm7
AG
The good news is that I think there will be more open ice and the opportunity to exploit the other team, the bad news is that the other team has a MacKinnon and Makar.
Roll the Bones
AG
GrapevineAg said:

I'm hearing we play again Tuesday night. A whole day off - whoo!

Take it to them while we are hot and they have been sitting around getting lazy.
shack009
AG
Such a gritty game and series win for this group.

Props to Roll the Bones who never lost faith!
BassCowboy33
My theory was whoever made it out of this matchup would win the West. I love any potential matchup for Dallas moving forward, especially with Colorado's goaltending issues and Edmonton's lack of depth.
AggieRob93
AG
Roll the Bones said:

Pete is now 8-0 in game 7s!

Then let's take each series to game 7 and win the whole effing thing!
Out in Left Field
AG
Are you trying to kill us all!
TV Casualty
AG
Go home, Vegas. That's what you get for tanking that game against the Ducks.
FWAppraiser
AG
What a game. What a series. This team showed a ton of grit. Not only by coming back from 0-2 but how they won each of the 4 games. Vegas had a lot more talent than an 8-seed and it should do a ton for our confidence moving forward.

Amazing how games like that can turn. Such a fine line between Nils Lundkvist being the scapegoat and Radek Faksa being the hero.

The AAC was rocking tonight. Literally shaking at times. Will be a while before I come down enough to get some sleep.

In the immortal words of Dobby: We're not going home!
Out in Left Field
AG
The last thing you see before you dust off your golf bags!
dvldog
AG
FWAppraiser
AG
Moments before our end of the ice waved Mark Stone off the ice. Petty? Maybe. Glorious? Abso-freaking-lutely.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Cappo
AG
Was there tonight.
Was ****ing lit. Super crowd

also **** vegas
Grapesoda2525
Dallas has slain the cheating filthy lowdown golden knights.

For anyone who has watched highlights of our games on YouTube, the comment section is flooded with fans fro, the other 30 teams in the NHL rooting for and thanking Dallas for eliminating Vegas. Nobody respects Vegas because of their cap manipulation/ tanking bull***** They've embraced the bad guy role and I can't be more happy / satisfied to see them eliminated.

They didn't seem to care about winning the last game of the season when they knew the implications. I question why they chose to pick a fight with the #1 overall seed, but they got what they deserved.

It seems like I call out the NHL a lot and I'll have to do it some more, but I bet you guys $100 that the NHL would've started a possible Vegas vs Colorado series on Wednesday. But because we won it's on a Tuesday which feels way too soon.

I really like hockey and our team, but I can't help but think we get shafted by these Yankees / Canadians at ever turn for being a team in the southern US.
gabehcoud
Wanted to sell my seats, definitely happy I didn't.

Just finished watching the recorded game & still not ready to go to sleep.
All I do is Nguyen
Tksymm7
AG
The biggest thing for me going into this next round against the Avs is if and when we can get Jani Hakanpaa back (I think getting Marchment back will be a boost too). We simply cannot play five d-men this long into the playoffs. We need to get him back or call up someone else, because we cannot continue to throw Nils Lundqvist out there for six minutes a night.

Other than that, just keep playing your game and rolling four lines. It's what we do and I think it can be an even bigger advantage in this series than the last.
GrapevineAg
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

It seems like I call out the NHL a lot and I'll have to do it some more, but I bet you guys $100 that the NHL would've started a possible Vegas vs Colorado series on Wednesday. But because we won it's on a Tuesday which feels way too soon.

I really like hockey and our team, but I can't help but think we get shafted by these Yankees / Canadians at ever turn for being a team in the southern US.

I think we would have started on Wednesday, but the AAC is already booked that night (Luis Miguel tour).
BassCowboy33
GrapevineAg said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

I think we would have started on Wednesday, but the AAC is already booked that night (Luis Miguel tour).

Not sure how the AAC does it, but most arenas have contracts with artists about this that force them to move concerts if this kinda thing occurs. For example, last year Janet Jackson was forced to move a concert because the Atlanta Hawks had a playoff game scheduled that day.
Tksymm7
AG
GrapevineAg said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

It also didn't help that the NHL only had a few series go six and seven games. Multiple series ended really early and the NHL needed to get the next round started. This isn't a huge reason, but I do think it factors into it.

Having said that, I am SO thankful we have home ice for the playoffs, because now we don't have to turn around and travel to Colorado until this weekend. The guys are now just relaxing in their own homes, getting treatment at their own facilities and seeing their personal doctors etc. I don't think home ice matters much at all in terms of in the building environment advantage, but I do think it matters in terms of travel/rest etc.
BassCowboy33
Tksymm7 said:

GrapevineAg said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

It also didn't help that the NHL only had a few series go six and seven games. Multiple series ended really early and the NHL needed to get the next round started. This isn't a huge reason, but I do think it factors into it.

Having said that, I am SO thankful we have home ice for the playoffs, because now we don't have to turn around and travel to Colorado until this weekend. I don't think home ice matters much at all in terms of in the building environment advantage, but I do think it matters in terms of travel/rest etc.

Plus, Colorado has been a completely different team at home and on the road this season.
GrapevineAg
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

GrapevineAg said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Not sure how the AAC does it, but most arenas have contracts with artists about this that force them to move concerts if this kinda thing occurs. For example, last year Janet Jackson was forced to move a concert because the Atlanta Hawks had a playoff game scheduled that day.
Looks like the AAC did indeed reschedule a Bad Bunny(?) concert for the Clippers@Mavs game 6.
Out in Left Field
AG
How did the Oilers/Canucks get so much time off? Oilers won't have played in a week!
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Out in Left Field said:

How did the Oilers/Canucks get so much time off? Oilers won't have played in a week!
If you are going on a tear though, I feel that much time off is a bad thing though.
ChoppinDs40
AG
I believe they were in the earlier group that played (remember, there were teams that were a game ahead of us the entire first round). Then they won in 5. 2 games + 2 days travel. Had we won in 5 we would've been done.. Wednesday?

Sucks that Colorado is fully rested. Not sure if they longer layoff will help or hurt though. We sure could use a few days off after that physical series.

The Mavs will definitely benefit from the 3/4 days rest with Luka and THJ.
Roll the Bones
AG
Good morning friends! What a beautiful day to be a hockey fan.

It is hilarious reading the comments on YT, IG and other platforms about the Stars victory last night. There really seems to be universal hatred for Vegas after their cap shenanigans and it feels like we have most of the league's fans behind us now other than the 7 other markets still in it.

Someone mentioned Mush hopefully coming back in the next series and I had that thought in game 6 and again last night. I really think he and that line with Seguin and Duchene would have had a big impact in the series if he had been healthy. Really happy Pete was able to mix up the lines and find some magic but hope Mush will be back soon, as well as Jani.

Going to be fun reading a few of the recap articles and interviews this morning. And get a little work done I suppose.
MW03
AG
Out in Left Field said:

The last thing you see before you dust off your golf bags!

micahb2002
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Dallas has slain the cheating filthy lowdown golden knights.

For anyone who has watched highlights of our games on YouTube, the comment section is flooded with fans fro, the other 30 teams in the NHL rooting for and thanking Dallas for eliminating Vegas. Nobody respects Vegas because of their cap manipulation/ tanking bull***** They've embraced the bad guy role and I can't be more happy / satisfied to see them eliminated.

They didn't seem to care about winning the last game of the season when they knew the implications. I question why they chose to pick a fight with the #1 overall seed, but they got what they deserved.

If you were Vegas, you wanted the series against Dallas after last year's playoffs and the sweep this year. We don't match up well with their offensive depth with our defense, even with Tanev. Miro had to skate 25 minutes more than anyone else in the series. We really focused on defense to pull this out.

So glad to get the win, and it was hard to go to sleep last night.
Out in Left Field
AG
Bones Retires

First Page Last Page
Page 129 of 177

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.