Houston Press article about fight involving A&M students [Ed. by Staff]

18,957 Views | 531 Replies | Last: 16 yr ago by NeuroticAg
Fenrir
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NA is a friggin genius.
combat wombat™
AG
So, they are insinuating that the College Station Police Department is somehow unduly influenced by the Corps of Cadets? mkay
OldArmy1606
yea, kinda feel sorry for them, but they don't need to go Corps bashing just because of a couple of bad apples.

Perhaps it got dismissed because of some legal technicalities that were going on before the trial
aglaohfour
AG
quote:
"You can take any advertisement ever from Texas A&M University, and the first thing that you're going to see is the damn dog and then you see some Corps person," John says. "And they stand for that, God and country and we're so holy. It's not right."

Why'd he have to bring Rev into it!! She didn't do anything!
Bismarck
AG
Unfortunate that this happened and that these guys weren't prosecuted. But did you read the last page of the article? Apparently Zach is now paranoid that the Corps is out to get him on the streets of Corpus Christi.
Fenrir
Police don't prosecute.
Comeby!
AG
Sounds like the victim really had no business there, neither did Ramirez. The apartment belonged to the assailant's sister. The only others there were the roommate and her boyfriend. When Halle y came back inside to get Ramirez, the drunk victim didnt need to mouth off. He was already on his way. This isnt the first time someone gets their ass handed back to them after a few drinks and words. The corps part of this is irrelevant.
Commander Bob
AG
I'm already out of the Corps NA.
rhoswen
AG
Yeah it's starting to sound to me like the victim himself is blaming the entire Corps.
combat wombat™
AG
The Corps of Cadets organization may not have enough evidence to deal with this. They did it when off-campus and out-of-uniform. No charges were ever filed. You are, therefore, suggesting that the COC should discipline these guys because someone else said they were bad?

TexasRebel
AG
what does this have to do with the corps besides somebody shouting conspiracy?

your son picked a fight, got the sh** beat out of him, and nobody called the cops.

the line
quote:
Zach and the others were drunk.

sums the entire thing up...
NeuroticAg
AG
quote:
NA is a friggin genius.

Sarcasm?

quote:
So, they are insinuating that the College Station Police Department is somehow unduly influenced by the Corps of Cadets? mkay

The police has nothing to do with this. It's the prosecutors involved.

quote:
I'm already out of the Corps NA.

WTF?
NeuroticAg
AG
quote:
what does this have to do with the corps besides somebody shouting conspiracy?

I'm pretty sure that's already been stated.
Diggity
AG
quote:
your son picked a fight, got the sh** beat out of him, and nobody called the cops.

did you even read the article? the other two guys admit to starting the whole thing.

[This message has been edited by Diggity (edited 1/23/2008 3:35p).]
Commander Bob
AG
na, forget that. i read your statement wrong.

[This message has been edited by AgCT05 (edited 1/23/2008 3:34p).]
Trucker 96
in my drunken episodes, i've found that most corps pusses aren't willing to fight mano-e-mano.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quote:

No. They are insinuating that the Brazos County DA's office was probably threatened by a large, powerful donor in the name of not besmirching the Corps (because it is one foot in the coffin as it is).

Police are usually not swayed by this sort of pressure because they are not elected but the DA and the judges are.
OldArmy1606
and i've found that most nonreg pusses wont fight either
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
Brazos County DA's office was probably threatened by a large, powerful donor in the name of not besmirching the Corps

One large, powerful donor = 1 vote.
Fenrir
Nope, I agree with you 100%. We aren't getting the whole story. But the Corp should be held to a higher standard. They are what everybody outside of A&M focuses on. They should have tougher codes of conduct regardless of whether they are in uniform at the time or not.
NeuroticAg
AG
Actually, I have found that people who start fights, regardless of CT or non-regs, are big poosies compensating for some inferiority complex.
Trucker 96
they won't fight because they know the 5 pimple-faced morons standing next to you are going to jump in as soon as it gets going.
Wildmen03
AG
quote:
ohn Corcoran believes the two cadets have been protected by the university and the "Aggie network" that he says runs the justice system in Bryan and College Station.

that's a load right there, the University loves disciplining people. and the Aggie Network has nothing to do with this at all.
OldArmy1606
They are held to a higher standard, unless new army is just ripping it apart. However the Commandant isn't going to punish anyone just because they said a Corps member did something wrong. If the cops weren't called, then no report was filed and if there is little evidence beyond he said/she said...then they may not do much

[This message has been edited by OldArmy1606 (edited 1/23/2008 3:38p).]
TexasRebel
AG
sorry NA, I'm a slow reader...there were only 4 replys when I read the article/posted...

quote:
did you even read the article? the other two guys admit to starting the whole thing

yep, the other guys responded to the instigation of "you'd better leave"...
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quote:
One large, powerful donor = 1 vote.

quote:
One large, powerful donor = sway with the texas board of legal examiners, sway with the brazos county republican (or democratic) party, sway with the texas republican convention, likely connections to the governor, the ability to get a DA candidate removed from a ballot

fify.
falcon09
AG
I agree that the kids should be kicked out of the corps and school.

I do not like the negative spin the article put on the corps. As someone else said, there are bad apples in every organization.

LH_Aggie, I really don't appreciate your "Please get rid of the corps" comment. It ticks me off when people say stupid things like that. A&M would not be A&M without the corps.
Diggity
AG
quote:
yep, the other guys responded to the instigation of "you'd better leave"...

you're right...it was totally his fault
Comeby!
AG
quote:
Conduct unbecoming of a cadet

Give them a few restricted weekends, community service on top of whatever the state decides.
OldArmy1606
lol @ Frac
Commander Bob
AG
CajunAg97
AG
quote:
in my drunken episodes, i've found that most corps pusses aren't willing to fight mano-e-mano.

That has been my experience as well. They are big and bad when they are in a group...get them one on one...they head for z hillz.
B-1 83
AG
quote:
did you even read the article? the other two guys admit to starting the whole thing.

Did you? Each one said the other threw the first punch.
OldArmy1606
same to be said of nonregs
YellAg2004
AG
quote:
One large, powerful donor = 1 vote

Yes, that's why politicians aren't swayed to support their donors. Afterall, they're only worth one vote. Riiiiiight.

The guy shouldn't have mouthed off, but that doesn't give the other guy the right to start a fight. Beyond that, if those two get in a fight, so be it. Let'em brawl. Holding the guy down, keeping him from being able to defend himself, so your buddy can keep throwing punches is a straight PUSS move.

Finally, I've found that most people that want to fight at the drop of a hat have an intelligence level slightly higher than that of of a rock.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.