***** The Lord of the Rings: Official Thread *****

193,195 Views | 1920 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by DallasTeleAg
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brian Earl Spilner said:

My guess is there will be a major focus on a younger Aragorn during his days as a Ranger.

Doubt Viggo will be returning unless they're planning to do some de-aging.
I want to be excited about it, but I don't know. it's the problem of having the all-encompassing story first, then go back and try to fill in the gaps - same with SW, Game of Thrones, even Avengers - there are smaller tales to tell, but they tend to try and make them just as huge and epic and it doesnt feel right.

Hope it's good though! At least better than Hobbit 2 &3.

Are you going to see the LOTR movies back in the theater? Or maybe that already happened, but I don't think so.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nah, only because they're fathom events and I don't feel like shelling out the extra cash on top of my A-List sub.
The Porkchop Express
I am terribly jealous of your ability to go see any movie you want, any time you want. I'm already trying to formulate a plan for how I'm going to go see Deadpool 3, 2-1/2 months before it comes out.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If it helps, that's the one movie I won't be able to go see on opening weekend, as I'll be visiting my folks in Texas and they'll have zero interest.

I am taking them to see Twisters though, on my dad's birthday. He loves the first movie.
C@LAg
i look forward to Jackson/Boyens creating the inevitable strong, independent She-Orc who helps Gollum escape from Mirkwood, and through her love acts as the first kink to breaking the Gollum persona so that Smeagol may come out decades later to help Frodo/Sam
The Porkchop Express
C@LAg said:

i look forward to Jackson/Boyens creating the inevitable strong, independent She-Orc who helps Gollum escape from Mirkwood, and through her love acts as the first kink to breaking the Gollum persona so that Smeagol may come out decades later to help Frodo/Sam
Or maybe he was always secretly She-agol.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
C@LAg said:

I'd just expect Arwen to play a big role, given that she didn't have much to do in LOTR, in a role that was already beefed up from the books.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
shaynew1
AG
There's a chapter in unfinished tales that gives a lot of context to what's going on and why.

I have no faith in any adaptation, but if I had a billion dollars I would make a super dope 10 episode big budget production of Children of Hurin. It's got all the goods.
maroon barchetta
Friend just sent me this. Is that a Ring Wraith on the back glass?

oragator
maroon barchetta

Legal Custodian
AG
Just announced that the second season teaser trailer will be releasing tomorrow.

The Porkchop Express
Legal Custodian said:

Just announced that the second season teaser trailer will be releasing tomorrow.

We're going to need at least 2 threads for this.
1. Non assuming viewers
2. I hate this show so I'm going to watch it so I complain about every second of it.
Gigem314
AG
Al Bula said:

Me to AI: "generate an image of Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin in the barrow with wights."

AI:

Quincey P. Morris
AG
I wonder if it's actually going to release this year.
07ag
AG
Legal Custodian said:

a teaser for the teaser for the trailer for the show? this is getting out of control
DallasTeleAg
This IP has lost all credibility, for me, and it's so sad because of how much I love the original Trilogy and the book.

I will move forward expecting it to be modern trash and hope they prove me wrong.

And as for Season 2... not even going to watch that trash.
The Porkchop Express
DallasTeleAg said:

This IP has lost all credibility, for me, and it's so sad because of how much I love the original Trilogy and the book.

I will move forward expecting it to be modern trash and hope they prove me wrong.

Great news!
YNWA_AG
AG

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
War of the Rohirrim

Quincey P. Morris
AG
Looking forward to it.
powerbelly
AG
I am excited for this.
CC09LawAg
I think this LEGO set belongs here

powerbelly
AG
I love that the room with the dinning table has a menu board.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
powerbelly said:

I am excited for this.
Same. Animation isn't usually something particularly up my alley, but I'll definitely be watching this one.
The Porkchop Express
YNWA_AG said:

Looks pretty bad-ass. Is that the same guy playing Sauron?
Faustus
The Porkchop Express said:

There's a pretty well-known 40-minute fan-made British film with this exact title made in 2009 that you can watch online with Gollum, Aragorn, Gandalf, a Ringwraith, Arwen, and some Mirkwood elves. I really like Andy Serkis, but I really don't see what kind of plot this thing could have as a real movie based on what I remember from the Appendix - Aragorn tracks him, captures him, holds him in Mirkwood with the Wood Elves, Gandalf interrogates him, finds out he knows all about Bilbo, and he escapes again. Am I missing anything?
. . .
Gollum had taken his knowledge of raw fish and started a sushi restaurant when Aragorn caught up with him. The Bear meets The Fugitive.

maroon barchetta

PatAg
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

bookmarking this for when you inevitably ***** and complain in the season 2 thread
DallasTeleAg
Cool. I'll bookmark this for after the last episode of season 2 airs, and I still haven't had a desire to turn it on.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.