***** The Lord of the Rings: Official Thread *****

190,113 Views | 1896 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brian Earl Spilner said:

My guess is there will be a major focus on a younger Aragorn during his days as a Ranger.

Doubt Viggo will be returning unless they're planning to do some de-aging.
I want to be excited about it, but I don't know. it's the problem of having the all-encompassing story first, then go back and try to fill in the gaps - same with SW, Game of Thrones, even Avengers - there are smaller tales to tell, but they tend to try and make them just as huge and epic and it doesnt feel right.

Hope it's good though! At least better than Hobbit 2 &3.

Are you going to see the LOTR movies back in the theater? Or maybe that already happened, but I don't think so.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nah, only because they're fathom events and I don't feel like shelling out the extra cash on top of my A-List sub.
The Porkchop Express
I am terribly jealous of your ability to go see any movie you want, any time you want. I'm already trying to formulate a plan for how I'm going to go see Deadpool 3, 2-1/2 months before it comes out.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If it helps, that's the one movie I won't be able to go see on opening weekend, as I'll be visiting my folks in Texas and they'll have zero interest.

I am taking them to see Twisters though, on my dad's birthday. He loves the first movie.
C@LAg
i look forward to Jackson/Boyens creating the inevitable strong, independent She-Orc who helps Gollum escape from Mirkwood, and through her love acts as the first kink to breaking the Gollum persona so that Smeagol may come out decades later to help Frodo/Sam
The Porkchop Express
C@LAg said:

i look forward to Jackson/Boyens creating the inevitable strong, independent She-Orc who helps Gollum escape from Mirkwood, and through her love acts as the first kink to breaking the Gollum persona so that Smeagol may come out decades later to help Frodo/Sam
Or maybe he was always secretly She-agol.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
C@LAg said:

I'd just expect Arwen to play a big role, given that she didn't have much to do in LOTR, in a role that was already beefed up from the books.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.