Metroplex
Sponsored by

El Chapparito - Id like to make a blazing endorsement for this little restaurant

20,726 Views | 280 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by cone
corndog04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
will they be open on memorial day? I will be in the area and would like to see if it passes my standards.
txglovedropper
i ate there for lunch today and had the enchilada suiza. it was great.

my gf had the sour cream enchilladas and she also enjoyed them a lot...she's picky about her messican food.

also, the hot sauce is wonderful. it's very chunky with lots of onion and cilantro.

great place!
skran is angry!
Macksimus
I'm going for lunch today.
jmtamu
quesadilla for lunch sounds good.
skran is angry!
I just got back. had the #5
FJB
AG
mexican
East Dallas Ag
AG
Went for dinner last night pre Mavs game. Lived up to the hype, the quesadillas were great. I liked the salsa, it is spicy but i like the chunks.

What was better was the queso flameado (sp?). It was incredible, their chorizo is amazing. Of course I had a coronary later that night from all the grease and the blown 20 point lead, but it was well worth it.

And yes, the sopapillas are hands down the best I have ever had. Wish i was in the area more often so I could be a regular, but I will go anytime i find myself around there.
mrlynch
Went today on all of your recommendations. It was pretty good. I enjoyed it and will probably go back, but there is another restaurant in near there that is pretty good.
Mario and Alberto's on the Southwest Corner of Preston and 635. Now I have a battle anytime I want to go for Mexican food at lunch.
Macksimus
The lunch fajitas were yummy today. There was enough beef there to easily make 5 fajitas.
jmtamu
Going tomorrow with my boss.
MW03
AG
might have to try this place out.

maybe i'll tomorrow just so I can pour some salsa on this guy's spur-loving head.
skran is angry!
I feel The Chap coming on today
AggieHMF
AG
Had the quesadillas yesterday and left my to go box at the table. They were so good but I was distracted and walked off without them... sad day.
jmtamu
Definitely getting the quesadillas today. I'm tired of experimenting with all the other stuff that isn't near as good.
jmtamu
Great as always.

Boss had the enchiladas and thought they were awesome.
AgShaun00
AG
I might have to try this place out.
Bob Ross
Mario & Alberto's is overrated, imo.

A bunch of the people that I work with love it, but I don't think its all that great.

But TexMex food is so subjective its hard to say what is good andwhat is good. It really is just what fits in with your personal preference for how things are prepared.

For example, I'm still floored that there are people out there that think that Los Cucos in College Station is good (ignoring the rather large health code issues that they have). But there are people who mock me for my deep seated love for El Fenix and Jose's in Bryan.
Jimmy Legs
that is only because you only order the same plate at every resteraunt
Bob Ross
That's because I know what I like.
mrlynch
Oh crap! Jose's in Bryan is REALLY good. It is another one of those places where you can get good service as well.
FJB
AG
quote:
still floored that there are people out there that think that Los Cucos in College Station is good

You're not the only one.

Having a number of restaurants in the family for over 30+ years, its unbelievable what people consider good "Tex-Mex". Normally, if I walk into a "Tex-Mex" joint and all they have are combinations of only enchiladas, taco, chalupas, etc... I'm out the door.

There is definitely more to a Tex-mex restaruant, than just creating menus that recombine the same staples and being passed off as the "Pancho Platter", "Juan Plate", or "Tia Rosas Combo".

Macksimus
The #3 was excellent today

The owner now greets me by name and the wife always knows that I love their hot sauce.
skran is angry!
skran is angry!
sopapillas on the house for our group of 7
thedallasgirl
Now you got a pregnant woman hungry. I'm going to get take out for the hubby and I tonight!

Gunna get this baby moving! Hopefully I can handle the hot sauce.
wspagg
AG
http://www.chaparritosrestaurant.com/index.html
MW03
AG
gave it a try...not too shabby at all.
jmtamu
Juan hooked me up with 2 sour cream enchiladas and 1 beef so I could try each yesterday.

Oh, and I got a free guac salad.
Macksimus
damn this sounds good today
AggieHMF
AG
Macks, coworker and I are going today.

Should I get quesadillas or enchiladas? I just can't decide...
Macksimus
yum
ab9413
aggiechick
Took my mom on Saturday. It was delicious! I told him that Tex Ags sent me and he gave us a free flan.

That's a great place!!! Thanks for the recommendation!!!
skran is angry!
raise your hand if you ate at The Chap today

/raises hand

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.