Houston
Sponsored by

*****2024 Houston Weather*****

211,908 Views | 1844 Replies | Last: 23 hrs ago by AustinCountyAg
The Kraken
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chef Elko said:

Jack Klompus said:

Update: guy across the street is paying $3500, and guy next door is paying $5000 for their tree removal.

Buncha vultures

Free market at work.
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
BrazosDog02
AG
Chef Elko said:

Jack Klompus said:

Update: guy across the street is paying $3500, and guy next door is paying $5000 for their tree removal.

Buncha vultures

A price was offered. A price was accepted. Sounds like capitalism is alive and well. God bless America.
The D
AG
Ag_07 said:

The D said:

So weird that an energy distribution provider should have their data together energy distribution outage ! That's such a tough concept !

Take it to nextdoor Karen

If I was that bad at my job I would be fired. That's what happens when you have a monopoly.
Poot
Bridgeland out by Pope elementary… wicked stuff. Lucky to avoid damage. That was the first time I've ever had a storm freak me out like that because of wind… and possibly how quick it got so dark. There was just something different about this one, and you could sense it.
Aggie09Derek
AG

Stolen from online but damn…
JB!98
AG
Got some bad news for those of you without power. 345KV is a backbone loop for a electrical transmission system. It is then stepped down to 138KV and then your distribution voltage that comes to your house or business. 345KV is usually a loop that can be fed from both directions so some may come back once the damage is isolated. For others, it may be a long time until you get power restored. Losing those 345KV spans and it falling on the distribution next to it is bad news. Hang in there because it is a big mess for them to repair.
combat wombat™
AG
You want to explain that to me like I'm dumb?
tylercsbn9
AG
Poot said:

Bridgeland out by Pope elementary… wicked stuff. Lucky to avoid damage. That was the first time I've ever had a storm freak me out like that because of wind… and possibly how quick it got so dark. There was just something different about this one, and you could sense it.

I'm by wells. Tornado definitely hit some homes over by mcgown
Charlie Murphy
I have a coworker that has a really bad habit about starting out in the middle of the story when explaining a problem.
Welcome to the China Club

"Here's the pitch...POPPED it up! Oh man, that wouldn't be a home run in a phone booth."
-Harry Carey
Jack Klompus
AG
Update #2: the tree guys are done across the street and have been working outside my master bedroom for about 2 hours. The number of pinches and putas being screamed out is out of this world. Dog is losing its mind. Glad wife and kids went to MILs house.
David_Puddy
AG
If anyone has any roof damage please shoot me a PM
The D
AG
I just got power back in 70007
aggiedata
AG
Oak Forest

SockDePot
Spring valley, no power. Neighbors Tree on / in my kitchen.

I was downtown when it happened. The damage i saw in the ride from downtown to home was worse than Ike.
cryption
Our house in Spring Branch has no power. We are out of town so no telling what we will come home to. My trash can was at the street I'm sure it's gone.
The Kraken
AG
Idiots

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
maroon barchetta
The Kraken said:

Idiots

Ok Karen.
texasaggie2015
AG
Still no power here in Spring. My office is downtown and we were told not to come in this morning. What an insane storm.
Dill-Ag13
AG
Imagine thinking that power generation, transmission and distribution all happens within a 1/4 mile of you and if you didn't have bad storms then how can you not have power.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Dill-Ag13 said:

Imagine thinking that power generation, transmission and distribution all happens within a 1/4 mile of you and if you didn't have bad storms then how can you not have power.

Clearly a democrat voter.
Guitarsoup
AG
Still no power on the upper east side. One kid doesn't have school, other kid does
Dill-Ag13
AG
Hope y'all are ok in New York
cryption
The just said on ABC to expect the power to be out for a couple days in some locations
Guitarsoup
AG
cryption said:

The just said on ABC to expect the power to be out for a couple days in some locations

But what locations? Completely a mystery
Cibalo
Heard that the revolving doors at Enterprise Plaza downtown got blown out
cryption
Probably between that one road and the other street.

Joking aside those big transmission lines probably ly will take a little bit. Have to source new towers, build them, move wires etc. I'm no expert in it but they look pretty damaged
Ragoo
AG
Guitarsoup said:

cryption said:

But what locations? Completely a mystery
if you don't have power, prepare to be without for several days. If it does come back before then, congrats.
TXTransplant
When the big storm hit last summer (June, I think) there was damage to the lines and a major station in my area in Spring. I think we were out for about 3 days, but I don't think the damage was as bad as the pics I've seen.
CheeseSndwch
Drove to the Corridor this morning, roads (45N to 10) were clear but all of the TxDot digital signs were blacked out.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
If you're inside the beltway and looking for gas, the Phillips station at Westheimer and 8 is working and has ethanol free for your generator or chainsaw
V8Aggie
AG
I'm in Bridgeland and the damn tornado came right over my house (it's fine). Neighbors weren't so lucky…

98Ag99Grad
AG
Office closed today. Still no power there but made it though yesterday ok in the woodlands. Just more rain for us
schmellba99
AG
Al Bula said:

schmellba99 said:

And why the F is the state not doing everything possible to waffle stomp it down the drain?

If it comes to pulling left lane campers and idiots that drive with hazards on because it's raining out in a militant fashion, I'm for it. Because they absolutely F up any ability to drive anywhere and are among the worst humans to walk this earth.
jetch17
AG
I will tell anyone that needs help I have a truck & full tank on the NW side today if you need it
Nitro Power
AG
Might have been Q&A already, but can someone give me a recommendation for a roofer in the Cypress area? Damage is minimal, but I do need to get it repaired and would like a full inspection of the rest of my roof.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.