Houston
Sponsored by

*****2024 Hurricane Off-Season*****

161,645 Views | 1439 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by Ryan the Temp
CDUB98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As much as I've joked, I do think Houston proper really avoided the worst of it. The reports on the North to the West aren't good.
TXAG 05
AG
Just passed a Tesla on I10 at Voss going about 40 with its flashers on. The highway is as dry as can be.
Sea Speed
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Just passed a Tesla on I10 at Voss going about 40 with its flashers on. The highway is as dry as can be.

He has instant torque bro, you just wouldn't get it.
ktownag08
AG
Lot's of icy overpasses on the N side. Saw accidents on every overpass around 45 N and 99. We got stuck in one and there were cars sliding down the back side of the overpasses.

Stay home if you don't need to be out!
maroon barchetta
Why would anyone consider an overpass today?
gougler08
AG
ktownag08 said:

Lot's of icy overpasses on the N side. Saw accidents on every overpass around 45 N and 99. We got stuck in one and there were cars sliding down the back side of the overpasses.

Are you seeing it just on standard overpasses or the big flyovers? My wife is flying in this evening and I'm thinking she may be going a very odd route to get back home / taking 59 as much as possible based on the Transtar map
Cromagnum
AG
If this pans out next Monday, central Texas is effed.

rilloaggie
AG
gougler08 said:

ktownag08 said:

Are you seeing it just on standard overpasses or the big flyovers? My wife is flying in this evening and I'm thinking she may be going a very odd route to get back home / taking 59 as much as possible based on the Transtar map

My wife is in San Diego and they just deplaned her due to a ground stop at IAH. Roads keep looking worse and worse everytime I check Google maps.
StillNotAnAggie
gougler08 said:

ktownag08 said:

Daughter has a VB tournament at NRG today that they wouldn't cancel. Left this morning and got caught in that ice on Hardy and 1960. Said they slid all over the place and saw and 18 wheeler and 2 cars wreck. They took back roads the rest of the way and said everything was good. I'd avoid any raised bridges.
ktownag08
AG
People on their "easy commutes" probably on the overpasses...
Tom Cardy
AG
canadian model runs like 20 degrees too cold on average or something crazy like that, this will just be the new clickbait thing for everyone to freak out about

eta: same model run has College Station below zero this wednesday, and houston below 10. comical
gougler08
AG
I've got a flight at 8am tomorrow morning but think I'm going to go ahead and move that to the afternoon/evening now
ktownag08
AG
Both
MarkW91
I drove downtown today from Cypress and just came home. It's certainly drivable for now, but the overpasses on 290 over streets are starting to get that light layer of snow/ice - - passable, but wouldn't prefer it. Ramps to BW 8 were shut down off of 290. Someone mentioned going to IAH. That sounds pretty miserable. Our yard has some light snow/dusting.

I'm hoping it has a chance to melt off a bit for a dry and easy day tomorrow (albeit really cold) but not sure if it will get off before night falls. And it semed to be about mid/upper 20s on the drive near Cypress.
aggiedata
AG
Careful on 290

CDUB98
AG
Kind of wild that just down the road at BW8 and I10 it was dry and easy as I was going home.
Cromagnum
AG
aggiedata said:

Careful on 290

Houstonians can't drive in the sunlight on a good day, and the same morons try to drive the same way in this mess. Idiots.
htxag09
AG
Decent amount of precipitation coming down in town right now. And still below freezing. Id wager majority of school districts don't open tomorrow.
ktownag08
AG
Schools starting to shut down tomorrow. Conroe ISD, New Caney ISD...
AgCPA95
AG
Katy ISD closed Tuesday
jetch17
AG
AJ02
AG
Klein ISD shut down tomorrow.
ski-man
AG
Are schools closed today??
Let's go ski-man!
jetch17
AG
ski-man said:

Are schools closed today??

Yes for MLK day
jetch17
AG
Down goes CFISD
spadilly
S
Lamar CISD closed tomorrow.
AgCPA95
AG
Pearland closed
Sea Speed
AG
They are all gonna close. Hth.
Yordaddy
AG
Ton of moisture on the ground in the Heights area. Only frozen on elevated surfaces but will likely freeze over tonight
spadilly
S
I had a glimmer of hope that they would have a delayed start tomorrow, but alas, here we are....
CDUB98
AG
Just waiting on HISD because my daughter's school typically follows them.
maroon barchetta
Teacher friend in FBISD is all over FB hoping for a closure.

Shocking.
BillYeoman
CDUB98 said:

Just waiting on HISD because my daughter's school typically follows them.

Mike Miles hates HISD students and teachers so he will probably keep it open.
cena05
AG
Fort bend closed
Stat Monitor Repairman
in 2024, the words "abundance of caution" can be used to justify anything.

You say abundance of caution and it's no further questions.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.