Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Reveille VII to retire

30,125 Views | 143 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by Mantis Shrimp
Collegeboy06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am PRO-MUTT

"TexAgs after a loss?"
SwampFox
quote:
Get with the Aggie tradition that you are clearly unaware of

The original was a mutt. How 'bout YOU get with the tradition you are clearly unaware of.

I'm pro mutt. It's pretty hard to play up the whole 'we're the tough farmers from the military school' image when our mascot is the most girly looking breed imaginable.
NeuroticAg
AG
Only the first one was a mutt. I don't think one time makes a tradition.
TeLeFaWx impeached.
AG
We need to get a new type of dog. I do feel that the collie is a girlie breed. I really think it should just be a black lab, how ****ing bad ass would that be? But if not, hey lets have the student body vote on it.
Ellis Wyatt
MouthBQ98
AG
Rev is a female. That is what makes her girlie. What, do you want a "bull-dyke" dog for our mascot? Rev is supposed to be girlie.

Then again, we could go with a male collie..they are plenty macho. I've got the bite scars on my arm to prove it from breaking up fighting male collies...
MouthBQ98
AG
If we go with a mutt, in keeping with tradition, we need to get 4 ags in a car to cruise the highways between here and austin, and hit a stray and only injure it, then take it back to campus and patch it back up. That would be the "traditional" way to get the next rev.
p-wonk01
AG
IMHO it's about time. I'm pro mutt as well.
Nica_Ag
AG

Presa Canario

[This message has been edited by Nica_Ag (edited 2/13/2008 11:14a).]
DecadePlan
AG
Um...hello? The Mantis Shrimp?

Am I really the only one?
MouthBQ98
AG
That would be bad arse. We could have it pop bevo, and he'd go mad and crash into the t.u. bench!
BportTXAG
AG
No Decade, you're one of two. Apparently these people are so rabid about the mascot controversy they are oblivious to a texags legend being born elsewhere on the board.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Texas A&M Armadillos!

Tmoneyag99
AG
I vote Great Dane!

http://www.dogcastradio.com/images/Calomar_Total_Stardom.jpg

http://www.willitoft.com/Biggles.jpg

effin huge ace dog that is so mellow it's unbeliveable, but the bark and size is pretty freaking intimidating.

Sounds like an Aggie to me!

Might I add Great Danes were originally used as War Dogs. Perfect for TAMU
DecadePlan
AG
Well thanks for standing with me Bridge! If we can't have a mutt, give us a Mantis Shrimp!

"Will you join in our crusade, who will be strong and stand with me?"
Aston04
AG
I'm not against Collies, but a mutt would be much better. A mascot with character would better represent A&M.

BUT whatever we do, by God do not get another "perfect" pure-bread inbred dog. We all saw how well that worked with Rev VII. Horrible, horrible dog. Pick one that actually likes being around people, not on its inbred blood.

[This message has been edited by Aston04 (edited 2/13/2008 1:03p).]
fcgibson
i hated this rev..... bit a ton of people when I was at school. Barked obnoxiously all over campus
ekesqueaky
Thank you for your service, Miss Reveille Ma'am. Best wishes and enjoy your retirement!
BaronVonAggie
AG
It takes a magical kind of person to hate a collie.
What else do some of you hate, bunny rabbits, and butterflies?
Hawk2007
It appears the second black eye to Texas A&M received her fate as well today and is being forced into an early retirement.

Cheers to a new season with Sherman and Rev VIII.
logsatm04
People really need to take the emotion of this conversation. Is it really worth getting upset over a conversation about a dog.

sportsfreak1975

Keep the collie....
aggie0959
"Yah,when you shove a puppy into a crowd of 40,000, she is likely to become a little skiddish"

I took my 3 month old blue heeler to the Nebraska game last year to tail gate and we traveled from Spense park to west campus garage and back thought all the people and he had problems determining me from any of the other 40,000 people walking beside us.
My point being that added attention of being a "celebrity" did not make rev VII bite students 2 years later. She was just a bad egg.

[This message has been edited by aggie0959 (edited 2/13/2008 1:36p).]
Ranger222
AG
I vote for Uno the Beagle.
smokeythebear
AG
http://animal.discovery.com/tv/puppy-bowl/puppy-bowl.html
My vote is for Tucker, he already has a maroon helmet and he has plenty of playing experience in a bowl game!
MouthBQ98
AG
Have all the people bashing on rev VII EVER spent more than 15 minutes with the dog? I doubt it. My wife has meet the breeders, and both the sire and dam for the pup have a quality lineage. The dog isn't inbred. The dogs IS a female, which makes her naturally more unpredictable, and a herding breed, which makes her naturally bark and nip.

You stomp on a dog's foot or tail from behind, and most any dog, espeically a female, is going to snap at your dumb ass. I've been bit by a lot of dogs. Big deal...it hurts, you bleed a little. Get over it.

[This message has been edited by MouthBQ98 (edited 2/13/2008 2:12p).]
Mugsy01
AG
Along Decade's line of thinking... what if we compromised and crossed a collie with a mantis shrimp (technically a "mutt" right?) before moving to a pure-bred mantis shrimp?
BportTXAG
AG
See that? Now everybody wins.
Aston04
AG
quote:
My wife has meet the breeders, and both the sire and dam for the pup have a quality lineage.

That's the problem- A&M has focused on the lineage and not selecting a dog that actually behaves well.
Class of 1984
As someone who HAS spent more than 15 minutes in Rev VII's company I can say she is MUCH BETTER the last three years than she was before that. Sometimes it is the relationship that a dog has with her handlers..... sometimes it is getting over a BAD relationship with a previous handler.

Although I appreciate her and recognize that she has improved, I think her retirement is a good thing. Hopefully Rev VIII will take after Rev IV.......... now she was the perfect mascot (may she rest in peace)!!!!

MouthBQ98
AG
It's hard to predict behavior for ANY pup when it is still a pup. They really shouldn't select any rev before she is about 2 years old already. It is hard to know what you are getting with a pup until you see it grow up.

I also think the mascot handler that E2 selects needs some training on dealing with collies. Collies will do ANYTHING for positive rewards, but they really don't respond well to harsh discipline or negativity. They love to please, and hate to disappoint. They also are very smart, but lazy at times. If they see an easier way to do something that they think you want them to do, they will do that instead of exactly what you want them to do sometimes.

[This message has been edited by MouthBQ98 (edited 2/13/2008 2:39p).]
tamu1187
AG
keep the collie
Sid Farkas
AG
fwiw, I cast my vote for an old-school mutt.
Sid Farkas
AG
quote:
A mascot with character would better represent A&M.

This is sound thinking...how 'bout a service dog that is traditionally associated with the military? German Shepard, Doberman Pinscher...anyone?
Undeefeetid
now this is what we need for Rev VIII

[This message has been edited by Undeefeetid (edited 2/13/2008 3:25p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.