Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Bryce Gone

45,037 Views | 184 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Faustus
Bill Superman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As much as it may upset some around here, there is a real culture change that is taking hold of our program. Sticking your head in the sand will no longer make it go away.

Bryce Foster being cut from the team is the culture shift we're seeing that will transform this program into one of winners. You don't practice or join the team activities, regardless of the excuse, then you're gone. It's a simple as that.

Even highly touted 5* WR recruit Kaliq Lockett can't help but notice, and he's not the only one, "The culture change at A&M is eye-catching." This isn't just something that gets said when you can't come up with a response.

Elko is officially doing what we thought Jimbo was doing but have since learned otherwise. It ain't gonna be like it used to be this may finally ring true.

Hungry Ojos
Why did Foster get cut?
Lake08
Bill Superman said:

As much as it may upset some around here, there is a real culture change that is taking hold of our program. Sticking your head in the sand will no longer make it go away.

Bryce Foster being cut from the team is the culture shift we're seeing that will transform this program into one of winners. You don't practice or join the team activities, regardless of the excuse, then you're gone. It's a simple as that.

Even highly touted 5* WR recruit Kaliq Lockett can't help but notice, and he's not the only one, "The culture change at A&M is eye-catching." This isn't just something that gets said when you can't come up with a response.

Elko is officially doing what we thought Jimbo was doing but have since learned otherwise. It ain't gonna be like it used to be this may finally ring true.

Team activities? Example?
chase128
AG
Billy said on the radio that Foster "wasn't around enough".
TarponChaser
Hungry Ojos said:

Why did Foster get cut?
He'd rather throw heavy balls in a sand pit than play football.
Furlock Bones
AG
I guess the gag order has been released.
Furlock Bones
AG
he decided being an average shot putter was more important.
Hungry Ojos
Furlock Bones said:

he decided being an average shot putter was more important.

Not trying to be mean, but wasn't he average…at best, at football too?
Furlock Bones
AG
indeed he was. could he have been better at football? maybe. but, not putting in the time to a position on the OL is recipe for getting left behind. it's not like a WR or RB running track in the offseason.
chase128
AG
He seemed to show some potential early on. Maybe if he had focused on football 100% he'd have progressed further/faster. Getting hurt was unfortunate, too.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Best of luck to him.

I thought that the team putting Nabou (playing center) out there along with Scourton as one of two players in the post Spring game presser might have meant something...
TarponChaser
chase128 said:

He seemed to show some potential early on. Maybe if he had focused on football 100% he'd have progressed further/faster. Getting hurt was unfortunate, too.
Crap coaching the last 2 seasons didn't help.

That kind of stuff can really sap your desire to play football. I wish the kid well, he had a lot of potential that's going to go unrealized, but it's his life to lead.
TAMU74
AG
"A new broom sweeps clean"
Good luck with wherever life takes you Mr. Foster.
It's unfortunate you did not have more success at A&M.
Ag_0112358132134
Bizarre that we gave him a football scholarship for three years. What a waste.

Also, Jimbo is an idiot for allowing the second most important player on his sacred offense to just not practice and not work out with the team for multiple years. How shocking that our offense was dysfunctional.
Aggie*1982
AG
I have not seen anyone post this yet, but the 2024 Olympics is coming up. Does Bryce have a shot at the shotput?
P.U.T.U
AG
Really not shocked after us getting a transfer center this week. In the end surprised he stuck with track, yes he is improving but still not even in the top 20.
Furlock Bones
AG
Aggie*1982 said:

I have not seen anyone post this yet, but the 2024 Olympics is coming up. Does Bryce have a shot at the shotput?
not even close based on results i've seen.
Slicer97
AG
Aggie*1982 said:

Not if he can't throw it past 60 feet.
taylorswift13_
Not at all
taylorswift13_
Slicer97 said:

Aggie*1982 said:

needs to go over 72/73 in the USA! He's ranked 63rd in the NCAA…
Schrute Farms
Aggie*1982 said:

He's currently ranked #12 in the SEC and would be around the Top 80-90 nationally with this season's throws. It would be a long shot to make the Olympics.
Aston04
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

Slicer97 said:

Aggie*1982 said:

needs to go over 72/73 in the USA! He's ranked 63rd in the NCAA…

Yet still higher than prob his ranking of d1 centers last season.
Ag_0112358132134
Schrute Farms said:

Aggie*1982 said:

He's currently ranked #12 in the SEC and would be around the Top 80-90 nationally with this season's throws. It would be a long shot to make the Olympics.

So you're saying there's a chance
Schrute Farms
Bryce has been a top notch ambassador for Texas A&M and publicly celebrates the football and T&F teams equally.

We've had the pleasure seeing him at both football and T&F events. He's always made time to speak with kids and make small talk with fans. I don't know the behind-the-scenes story with balancing two sports. However, I couldn't be more proud of his representation of the university - especially while overcoming a nasty ACL tear.
Come Out Roll
AG
Not to pile on, but…..
Go back and watch the LSU game from last fall….he was manhandled the entire game…..

Writing was on the wall - many just refused to read it…..
Mutual_Friend
Further evidence (along with the rest of our vaunted 2022 class) that while paying attention to recruiting and recruiting rankings might be mildly interesting, it is a fools errand. Especially in the era of free and unlimited transfers.

We're to a point where the only thing that matters is the 85 or so guys on the roster at the end of fall practice every year.
Next Year is the Year
AG
As others have said, he showed a lot of potential early on, but it just didn't work out and I wish him the best.

Also, I just don't understand the shot put stuff. It's a strange and dated 'sport' and I have no idea why anyone would take time away from football to do that.
Logos Stick
Good. He wasn't progressing because he wasn't practicing.
Ags77
AG
Bryce seems like a good guy. This isnt personal. This is business.

I like Elko's approach. You are gonna be ALL IN, do what you are supposed to do as a teammate, and be on time. If not... get on down the road.
Eddie Vedder
Something that happened right at the beginning always rubbed me the wrong way about Foster.

He was a highly ranked and regarded 5* center from Texas. The exact guy you want to be an Ag. His recruiting commitment came right at the end of the cycle and was one of the last kids in his class. We then hear that he was a lifelong Aggie fan with Aggie family and always knew he would come to A&M. If so, then why not commit early? Why not use the high rank to attract other top targets, and be a leader of your class?

It just never sat right with me.
NoahAg
LOL at "culture change." Elko is doing the same thing as every previous new Aggie HC since I've been alive. We'll see how much "culture" matters the first time he goes 7-5 and y'all start calling for his head.

As for Bryce, he didn't perform as we expected but there's no reason to pile on. He's just doing what the previous staff promised he could do: play 2 sports. We have a history of very successful 2-sport athletes, and it would be a mistake to force them to choose one or the other.

Randy Matson
Dave Elmendorf
Curtis Dickey
Greg Porter
Achane

To name a few.
Ags77
AG
NoahAg said:

LOL at "culture change." Elko is doing the same thing as every previous new Aggie HC since I've been alive. We'll see how much "culture" matters the first time he goes 7-5 and y'all start calling for his head.

As for Bryce, he didn't perform as we expected but there's no reason to pile on. He's just doing what the previous staff promised he could do: play 2 sports. We have a history of very successful 2-sport athletes, and it would be a mistake to force them to choose one or the other.

Randy Matson
Dave Elmendorf
Curtis Dickey
Greg Porter
Achane

To name a few.

The first part of your thread is way off. There is a HUGE difference in the kind of culture Coach Elko wants to have as opposed to Sumlin and Jimbo culture.

You are spot on the rest of your thoughts. Winning is the ultimate decider of a coach's fate.
usmcbrooks
So, no more short hops to Conner?
The Zookeeper
AG
Bummer. Expectations were really high here. I'm a fan of Bryce. Hope he does even better with the T&F.
Schrute Farms
Ag_0112358132134 said:

Schrute Farms said:

Aggie*1982 said:

So you're saying there's a chance

Quite literally a long shot

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.