Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

A&M/LSU "rivalry"

11,376 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by greg.w.h
StinkyPinky
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgDad121619 said:

NowhereMan said:

The tu Rivalry is going to be blown into something that surpasses OH-MI, NY-BOS, Celtics Lakers, Steelers Cowboys. LS Who?
haha - no. The biggest rivalry in the land will always be Bama-Auburn. You have to live there to understand. The tu rivalry is Texas based and doesn't get near the national attention of any of the rivalry's you listed
If we're talking the national scene then I'll see your Iron Bowl and raise you with Ohio State/Michigan
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
StinkyPinky said:

AgDad121619 said:

NowhereMan said:

The tu Rivalry is going to be blown into something that surpasses OH-MI, NY-BOS, Celtics Lakers, Steelers Cowboys. LS Who?
haha - no. The biggest rivalry in the land will always be Bama-Auburn. You have to live there to understand. The tu rivalry is Texas based and doesn't get near the national attention of any of the rivalry's you listed
If we're talking the national scene then I'll see your Iron Bowl and raise you with Ohio State/Michigan
Yeah, about that national relevance - ESPN did a short series of ads about 20 years ago focused on collegiate rivalries. I am aware of 3 such ads but don't know if there were more produced that I just never saw. Two focused on Michigan-Ohio State. The third featured an obnoxious sip and their true rival, A&M
#FJB
VP at Pierce and Pierce
AggieArchitect04 said:

VP at Pierce and Pierce said:

You and everyone else thinking this are in for a rude awakening. While tu doesnt have an elite roster, they do have a really good OL and good QB/RB with talent at skill. Their defense might be mediocre at best. But, they dont play anyone that has experience until Georgia. Michigan lost 18 starters to the NFL along with head coach and both DCs. Miss State, Vandy, and Florida are all damn near rock bottom. OU lost 7 starting OL to the draft or portal, they have a talented but extremely young roster. Arky is on the way towards rock bottom. Leaving them to host a loaded Georgia, a talented but mid level Kentucky, and on the road at what should be a very talented and experienced Texas A&M. The portal has changed so much in terms of the depth and talent of some of these teams like MIss State and Arky.
LSU is a hated rival in my book, hated. Along with the sips.

How did they manage to do that?

1 center
2 guards
2 tackles
=
5 starting OL
They started 7 or 8 guys last year due to injury. They all decided to leave OU with one or two going to the NFL/graduation, most of them were expected to come back and either start or fight for a starting job in 2024. It is pretty unheard of to have that much turnover in one unit.
greg.w.h
AG
Rivalries clearly aren't as important as access to the playoffs…unless your home schedule was so putrid no one would come to your refurbished stadium.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.