Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Fran Speaks.....

9,577 Views | 158 Replies | Last: 18 yr ago by BuckhornAg
BigLeroy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Also, keep in mind that Courtney Lewis was back full speed for the first time in several games, and he's not chopped liver. It's not like one back carried four times and the other 24; the nature of the game, where we were fighting to get out of a hole most of the second half with few possessions, dictated that our running backs had just nine carries total.

Here's the key Fran, if you would have been running Lane in the first half, you wouldn't have been fighting to get out of a hole in the 2nd half. Plus, I don't call 14-7 at half a huge hole to climb out of. And in regards to your "bread and butter play", when they have 9-men in the box (which I doubt), don't you think the presence of "The Train" would give the check off play a bit better chance of working??? Oh, but I guess that is to simple minded of a notion.

I just wished Fran could coach as good as he can condescend.
Visor Guy
AG
Damn you all are some sensitive little titty suckers! If he didn't have to sit around answering the same stupid ass question at every turn each week then maybe his tone wouldn't be this way.

He is just as pissed as we are. Some people blurt it out and spit and yell (Cowher and Gruden), some people are quiet and hold it in while in public (Fran, Sherman and Bellichek (sp?)).

Lay off it and move forward. the biggest problem with us is that we are all stuck in our old ways, including some on this staff. Everyone needs to move on and change to the times.

Maybe with all the defenses moving to defenses that cover the spread attack, we need to bring it in and go Power I or Wishbone.
BigD Ag
How is he talking down to fans?

He explained the 3rd and 1, said the buck stops with him, said the Ags would try to bring a victory home, etc. Do you really think he would say "sorry guys, we screwed up the game plan and should have run Lane more"? If so, you're out of your collective minds. He isn't going to publicly say it and he did state that after watching film they wished they could have some plays back, etc.

Didn't see anything wrong with what he wrote and he's right, no matter what he says or dictates to MM, we're not going to like it.

"'Tellus combined with velocity. That's Telocity."
--Martellus Bennett

[This message has been edited by BigD Ag (edited 11/4/2005 1:49p).]
Matt in DFW
Fran
quote:
In fact, some people right now don't care about anything we say

Damn right buddy, I want actions, not words!!!
thebloomer
AG
One thing is for certain: Somebody around there reads the internet. It might not be Fran himself, but he knows what's being said.
ThatNguyen
Oy vey.
BigD Ag
...FranObserver reads the internet -- he's Mike McKinzie (sp?), who I think writes that column.

"'Tellus combined with velocity. That's Telocity."
--Martellus Bennett
TAMU98AG
If they are maybe they will whisper a few of the "reasonable" suggestions in Tearabush's ear.
The Kingfish
AG
Like I have said a thousand times before, people on here will ***** about anything that Fran says or Byrne says, no matter what. A&M football fans are the best in the country! Yeah Right.

R.I.P. Buddy D
thebloomer
AG
quote:
sorry guys, we screwed up the game plan and should have run Lane more

YES.

He also didn't own up to the mistake of not running the ball more. We had NINE carries in the game. NINE. That's not because we weren't effective. Fran should have simply said "Looking back, my staff and I agree that we should consider a greater committment to the running game."

How is that so hard or bad to do? I can accept mistakes. I can't accept ducking and dodging around them. NOT ALL COACHES DO THIS. Many of them (not most) will own up to mistakes they make. See Bob Stoops. See Parcells. See Herm.
Seven Costanza
AG
I wonder if he treats his players with this "I am infallible, so this is all your fault" attitude.
FDT 87
AG
Jimmie D hit the nail!
Smokedraw01
Why not, many of us talk bad about him. Also, he does know more football than most of our posters combined.
Seven Costanza
AG
You would think that, but...
AgCanuck07
AG
Has Fran ever had to cope with as much pressure as he is right now?

This is a serious question (not trying to bash the guy) cause I never kept up with College football before I atteneded A&M.
BQ1981
AG
He's right and inexperience sucks.
chick79
AG
Quite possibly the worst FWF ever!
LifeLongAg
S
Did anyone see the front page of the Sports section of this morning's Dallas Morning News? Kevin Sherrington had quite an editorial on the state of Aggie football. It seems that unfulfilled expectations are no longer the realm of Aggies only.
trmas
I have now officially had it with Franchione. He's a smug little *****, and I could care less if he actually starts winning (unlikely as that is)
quote:
I wonder if he treats his players with this "I am infallible, so this is all your fault" attitude.

That is what one of the players' parents that I know says. Arrogant as the mountains.

[This message has been edited by trmas (edited 11/4/2005 2:04p).]
The D
AG
This is terrible reading this crap. F you fran.
The Kingfish
AG
quote:
I have now officially had it with Franchione. He's a smug little *****, and I could care less if he actually starts winning (unlikely as that is)

So if we went undefeated next year, you wouldn't care.

And P.S., how dare a football coach think he knows more about football than the average internet tough guy.

R.I.P. Buddy D
wxguy95
AG
I guess I will play Devil's Advocate here.

TexAgers have been BBQing Fran and his staff for the better part of a month, and added lighter fluid this week. He defends his actions and he gets gridded for being smug and condescending.

If he said he was wrong on playcalling, you guys would have killed him for losing confidence and being too worried about what others are saying instead of concentrating on the game at hand.

Bottom line is he is human like the rest of you. If a few thousand people did everything from critize your heart, coaching ability and eating habits, you would be a little p*ssed too, now wouldn't you.

Geez, I'm not a really a Fran lover or sunshine pumper, but you guys are sickening. And what really hacks me off is that if by some miracle we win Saturday, half of you will be sad b/c you want him gone and the other half will be back on the bandwagon talking Big12 championships.

Oh...
quote:
He is an outsider and should know talking to Aggies this way is not smart.

Every coach we've had for at least 20 years has been an outsider. If you're going to hang him, hang him with the correct rope please.

[This message has been edited by wxguy95 (edited 11/4/2005 2:07p).]
trmas
coffner -

We have ZERO chance to go undefeated next year, because Franchione is simply unwilling to adjust.
The Kingfish
AG
trmas - doesn't matter, you stated that you wouldn't care if he started winning, so don't back track on your assinine statements.

R.I.P. Buddy D
winston_57
AG
Fran -
"The easiest thing in the world is to sit in the stands or in a press box and have a simple take on what's happening on the field."

In no way is it easy to sit in the stands and watch fran and his coaching staff, and our players, flail around on the field like a pop-warner football team.

this guy is so smug, I would like to bitc# slap him.
chick79
AG
IBTL
ag01ag
Coffner, don't make assinine statements about us going undefeated next year. Everybody is fed up with the bs that fran has blown up our azzes for the last two years. Does it say enough about him that he has his own little biatch FranObserver come on here and read all the posts and report back to him on the attitude of these messages boards? The guy is a joke.
winston_57
AG
I feel better.
trmas
coffner -

I wouldn't care if he started winning this year because it would just delay his departure from A&M. I think he's in over his head, but he's too stubborn to admit when he's made a mistake.

Mac94
AG
wxguy -

True, however, remember, that Fran chose this line of work, and he knew that dealing with heat is part of the job. What's the old line from Bum Phillips; there are two kinds of coaches, those that have been fired and those that will be fired? And, Fran is payed VERY well to deal with the good side of coaching as well as the bad side of coaching. If he can't deal with the fans when things aren't going great, he needs to find another job.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." The words of Jesus; John 16:33
Poindexter
After getting a chance to read FWF, just flush the rest of 2005. 5-6 is a lock.
It's clear that the only thing Denny's gonna change is his size 48 Fruit of the Looms.
Same song, ninth verse!
Tortilla Tech -16 is MONEY IN THE BANK.
Dad
AG
IBTL
The Kingfish
AG
ag01ag - it was a hypothetical question. He stated he didn't care if Fran started winning. I called him out on it. So it was not an assinine statement in the context of trmas' contributions to this thread. Do you understand?

R.I.P. Buddy D

[This message has been edited by coffner1 (edited 11/4/2005 2:37p).]
stanhin
I've never read one of his letters before. Does he always sound this defensive?
MSCAg
AG
quote:
And from an ancient Asian religion there is a saying, "Wise people seek solutions. Others only cast blame."
So when exactly are we going to fix our pass defense.

Oh wait, it's lack of talent and injuries.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.