Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Fran Speaks.....

9,585 Views | 158 Replies | Last: 18 yr ago by BuckhornAg
LestatBQ02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
"Ah, ok...So now we are basing everything on pure speculation...Brilliant!"

what are you basing your sunshine pumping upon? the "progress" since fran arrived?

Im basing it off of...

1.) Redshirted players
2.) recruiting trends over the last few years
3.) amount of injuries sustained this year
4.) amount of inexperience on the Defense this year
5.) some call me a glutton for punishment

I see the Ags winning 8-9 games next year...And as I said before, yes, I believe this season has been a disapointment so far, however I have faith the ship can be righted
LestatBQ02
quote:
you sir/mam, whatever, are dillusional

yes, i have been called delusional from time to time
winston_57
AG
well, i am basing mine on a rather important thing as well. Wins and Losses.
LestatBQ02
yep, that is important...

What is the Ags record to date?
Mac94
AG
quote:
I see the Ags winning 8-9 games next year...

Next season, given a 12 game schedule, we could easily win 8 games without beating one decent team: Citadel, Army, Troy, Kansas, Oklahoma St., Missouri, Baylor, and a to be named 12th OOC scrub.

That isn't a measure of improvement. This team next season will be based on the performance and outcome of 4 games; Nebraska, Tech, Oklahoma, and Texas.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." The words of Jesus; John 16:33

[This message has been edited by Mac94 (edited 11/4/2005 2:55p).]
trmas
Have you seen the schedule? ANYONE could win 8-9 games next year with that... I bet a first year coach could even do so.
winston_57
AG
oops, i mispelled, everything i stand for has gone down the drain.
ag01ag
Do the sunshine pumpers not see that the team has laid down on two occasions this year? What is that a sign of? I am just an internet assistant so I would have no real idea what the problem is. The players quit against cu and isu and that is a gigantic problem that reflects directly on the coaching staff. I must say things were a bit different last year, of course until they quit in the Cotton Bowl but this is the second of Fran's three years in which there have been multiple games that the team has become less and less interested as the game has progressed. This inexperience bs is really getting to me also. It would be one thing for guys to make mistakes that cost us because of their inexperience but it another thing totally when the coaching staff is trying to hide 8 or 9 guys a play on D because they are afraid of someone making a mistake.
winston_57
AG
lestat, the losses we have sustained, by far speak louder than the wins we have managed to notch.

i don't think one person disagrees with that, except maybe you.

[This message has been edited by winston_57 (edited 11/4/2005 2:52p).]
Nom de Plume
AG
The players didn't quit.

Try again.
Jimmie Dimmick
this thread is an explosion.
LestatBQ02
quote:
That isn't a measure of improvement. that isn't a measure of improvement. This team next season will be based on the performance and outcome of 4 games; Nebraska, Tech, Oklahoma, and Tech

Really? so tceh is not a good team then? Are they not a better team then last year? because they played some sh* t a$$ teams this season

Odd how the media seems to disagree with you...

I agree that the most important games of the season will again be the Big 3...

With that said, I can see the Ags winning 10 games next year (assuming improvement)...3 of the 4 toughest games are at home...

quote:
Have you seen the schedule? ANYONE could win 8-9 games next year with that... I bet a first year coach could even do so.

Get an Ag tag and then I will care what you say...And this is just more proof that Aggie internet fans will never be happy, you b*tch when they lose and you are allready b*tching about them winning

quote:
oops, i mispelled, everything i stand for has gone down the drain.

lighten up francis, I was making a joke...Jesus, go take your blood pressure medicine, learn to have a sense of humor and then rejoin the conversation
winston_57
AG
that was also sarcastic
LestatBQ02
quote:
Do the sunshine pumpers not see that the team has laid down on two occasions this year? What is that a sign of? I am just an internet assistant so I would have no real idea what the problem is. The players quit against cu and isu and that is a gigantic problem that reflects directly on the coaching staff. I must say things were a bit different last year, of course until they quit in the Cotton Bowl but this is the second of Fran's three years in which there have been multiple games that the team has become less and less interested as the game has progressed. This inexperience bs is really getting to me also. It would be one thing for guys to make mistakes that cost us because of their inexperience but it another thing totally when the coaching staff is trying to hide 8 or 9 guys a play on D because they are afraid of someone making a mistake

You didn't insult the Military in this post...is something wrong?

Oh wait, you insulted the players...nevermind

quote:
lestat, the losses we have sustained, by far speak louder than the wins we have managed to notch.

i don't think one person disagrees with that, except maybe you

Reading comprehension!

quote:
And as I said before, yes, I believe this season has been a disapointment so far, however I have faith the ship can be righted

Mac94
AG
LestatBQ02 -

So, hypothetically, if we go 8-4 next season, winning 8 games against unranked average to poor teams, and lose the other 4 by 20+ points, that would be a mark of improvement?

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." The words of Jesus; John 16:33
winston_57
AG
ok, lestat, thanks for pointing that out. I do have some respect for you now.
Na Zdraví 87
AG
You can sure tell in his tone that he was highly irritated having to write that FWF. I bet he wishes he didn't have to write that now.
ag01ag
Never insulted the military, just you. And I insult the players and coaches after the way they have insulted the proud school that they play for.
Nom de Plume
AG
01, please quit talking.
wxguy95
AG
ag01,

Bad bull calling out the players.
Mac94
AG
Leave the kids out of this, they're 18-22 year olds putting alot out for us and themselves.

Coaches, though, are paid alot of money to run the program. They are the professionals and are open to fair complaints. It just goes with the job.

wxguy95
AG
And I wouldn't call your comments 'proud', I would call them 'sniveling'.

[This message has been edited by wxguy95 (edited 11/4/2005 3:06p).]
LestatBQ02
quote:
LestatBQ02 -

So, hypothetically, if we go 8-4 next season, winning 8 games against unranked average to poor teams, and lose the other 4 by 20+ points, that would be a mark of improvement?

In my opinion it would depend...

If the games were like the tsu game this year, then no, it wouldn't be improvement...

If the games were blowouts and the defense made its presence felt and they managed to make good games against the 4 loses then yes, it would be somewhat of an improvement...

But to tell you the truth I think the Ags can run the table at home, not only that but I think the Ags can be 9-0 or 8-1 going into the ou game and I think the Ags can beat nebraska...

The schedule next year is very friendly to A&M and just think if A&M could win 9 games next year (granted i wouldn't be happy if the Ags lose to tceh and ou)
ljhookem
Seemed to me that he sees things in practice that the common fan doesn't know about Lane....maybe he's not as high on Lane as everyone else.

I wish we had Lane!!

LestatBQ02
quote:
Never insulted the military, just you. And I insult the players and coaches after the way they have insulted the proud school that they play for.

That is just sad, you are in your late 20s, fixing to turn 30 and you feel the need to insult 18-22 year old football players...

How many college snaps did you take?
Seven Costanza
AG
You're really having an off day on your trolling, lj.
ag01ag
Ok, I take back what I said about the players I realize that is bad bull and shouldn't be done. I also understand that this thread was about Fran and that I got offtrack. I am just so damn angry in the direction of this team this year. In an offseason so full of promise coming off of a pretty decent year last year, I thought and felt that we were poised to take the next step in the building of a mighty football power. What I have seen is a step back. I feel as though maybe the players don't want to play for our current staff and if that is the case I want to know why. I want to know why I should put my faith in a guy who can't inspire his players to go out and give their all. Frustration dammit is what it is and I am just venting today because the next month looks to be ten times more frustrating than the previous two.
ljhookem
What is trolling Constanza?
LestatBQ02
understandable, I know i have felt that way at times this season as well
The Kingfish
AG
ag01 - I see you still have not commented on your supposed original thinking.

R.I.P. Buddy D
Big Cat `93
AG
I don't believe they quit, although I would have been awfully tempted to if I were in their shoes once I realized I wasn't prepared for the game and there was absolutely no indication that any adjustments were going to be made.
Keegan99
AG
quote:
If Iowa State lines up with nine in the box to stop a third-and-one run, and our quarterback recognizes that and checks off to a play to the edge -- a bread and butter play for us all year with a track record of moving the ball -- then we feel we're in the right play for that moment.

NONE OF THAT CHANGES THE FACT THAT LANE WASN'T EVEN ON THE DAMN FIELD!
Nom de Plume
AG
Stop it!

CLew went for the cash!
E.King Gill
Hulk mad Hulk want to smash, eat twinkie instead, No....smash twinkie
Texaggie7nine
As I read his comments, this is what I'm hearing.... http://ualuealuealeuale.ytmnd.com

[This message has been edited by Texaggie7nine (edited 11/4/2005 4:43p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.