Manchester United 2023-24 Thread

75,747 Views | 1831 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Showstopper
Showstopper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Check cleared thank goodness. VAR didn't screw us this time at least!
Thunder18
AG
McTominay should have a hat-trick today...we might need it to put this away
Showstopper
AG
Yeah I've been critical in the past, but Mctominay and Antony have both been quite good. Edit: I haven't been vocal since I thought he needed time to adjust, but Amrabat has been a lot better today as well.
Showstopper
AG
It's nice to get a win that doesn't feel like stealing for once. Only one goal difference, but they played a lot better than Chelsea.

We won the Hot Mess Derby!!!
Dre_00
xG today was 4. That might be higher than the last EPL games combined (minus Everton).
Thunder18
AG
Only 3 points off city after today's results. Pretty wild given our injury list
ChipFTAC01
AG
Thunder18 said:

I know it won't happen because I'm sure Kdb will come back and they'll wake up and roll off 15 straight but the schaudenfreude I'd get from City finishing 6th or 7th would be immense. They haven't finished outside Top 4 since 09-10.
Thunder18
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Thunder18 said:

I know it won't happen because I'm sure Kdb will come back and they'll wake up and roll off 15 straight but the schaudenfreude I'd get from City finishing 6th or 7th would be immense. They haven't finished outside Top 4 since 09-10.

It won't happen until the FA grows a backbone and banishes the organization to the shadow realm, but it is fun to think about
Thunder18
AG
Terrible effort and defending there. Far too easy
LarryElder
Gotta be the end of Ten Hag here no?
Thunder18
AG
IMO, it should be. The players he brought in have been largely terrible aside from Martinez. I still don't have any idea what they are trying to accomplish tactically, and it seems like he probably has lost the locker room. Getting played off the field at Old Trafford to a poor Bournemouth team, almost assuredly getting bounced from what should've been a manageable CL group and the scousers will probably be able to name their scoreline next week.
Showstopper
AG
Bruno apparently didn't want to play against Liverpool. Get booked for dissent down 3-0? Seriously?

At least an entertaining Keane rant will be coming.
planoaggie123
AG
Wow. Honestly did not realize they played this AM and just saw the score. ETH needs to go….now. Unacceptable results this year. He is a boring personality and no results on field. Nothing positive.
oh no
AG
I don't see ETH being around much longer
Showstopper
AG
I would still keep ten Hag. Who are you going to get that would be an upgrade and that is obtainable right now? Conte? Potter? Break glass, hire Big Sam for a few months like everyone else? I don't think names like Emery, de Zerbi, or Zidane are obtainable in season.

Plus for good or for ill, and there's been plenty of both, right here today his Premier League winning percentage is actually higher than Arsene Wenger's. But we will see, with a new (partial) owner coming in especially I could see him getting sacked.
Dre_00
Fire ETH. Don't fire ETH. Doesn't matter. Neither will lead to the elite level they profess to attain to without 10 other things also happening.
Dre_00
United plays Bayern on the final day of CL group play and this thread doesn't add a single post.

Not that I blame anyone. I didn't even watch the game and, once again, that decision has been vindicated. I look forward to Liverpool putting 10 past this useless club. At this point, I kind of what it to happen.
Aston94
AG
Dre_00 said:

United plays Bayern on the final day of CL group play and this thread doesn't add a single post.

Not that I blame anyone. I didn't even watch the game and, once again, that decision has been vindicated. I look forward to Liverpool putting 10 past this useless club. At this point, I kind of what it to happen.

I have been supporting and cheering for United since 1983, and I don't recall a time when I was ever less interested in the club or the results. I had zero interest in watching the game yesterday.
Showstopper
AG
I watched it. I was hoping for a nil-all draw (I think we actually would have gone to Europa over Galatasaray with a draw under goal difference, but not sure). That said, we don't need to be in Europa; we barely have enough players healthy to fill the squad again. Unfortunately, if Newcastle has as much success as us today, fifth place in PL getting CL looks bleak. Not sure who the fifth best team is, probably Newcastle (with Villa looking strong right now for fourth), but nevertheless.
Mathguy64
AG
I didn't watch. It seemed pointless. This squad and entire club is a mess. A complete mess.
BJM1781
AG
It's becoming increasingly difficult to be a supporter of this firehole of a club.
Furlock Bones
AG
BJM1781 said:

It's becoming increasingly difficult to be a supporter of this firehole of a club.
need the Glazeholes gone.
Dre_00
Aston94 said:

Dre_00 said:

I have been supporting and cheering for United since 1983, and I don't recall a time when I was ever less interested in the club or the results. I had zero interest in watching the game yesterday.

I think the only time I was less interested was the Ralf Rangnick era because you knew he wasn't going to be there beyond the end of the season, you had no idea who the new guy was going to be, and the results and effort were shambolic. The results and effort now are approaching those levels but not quite there yet. And at least ETH has shown enough limited success (last season) to give some microscopic hope that it can get better. And, in theory, the Ratcliffe addition brings a small bit of hope that the club will be run at least a little bit better.

But yeah, I had no desire to watch yesterday and have no desire to watch this weekend. It will only make me angry and I don't need that in my life.
Mathguy64
AG
Sitting a healthy Rashford against LIV.

Just a cluster.
Showstopper
AG
I saw a story yesterday that he was pretty sick and almost certainly out.
Mathguy64
AG
Well I'm going to watch this out of morbid curiosity. A 5-0 shellacking may be the deathknell of EtH.
Mathguy64
AG
We can barely take a goal kick. There is going to be a When Playing Out of the Back Goes Badly goal today.
Mathguy64
AG
45 minutes of pure ugly. I wonder if we have 45 more in us?
Mathguy64
AG
Sit back. Play the ball around the back 4. Play the ball back to Onana. Watch him kick it out of play at midfield.

Wash rinse repeat.
Showstopper
AG
I thought that chance for Garnacho might have been it. We haven't gotten much but we have been hanging tough defensively.
Showstopper
AG
Hojlund really should have scored that.
Mathguy64
AG
The game is starting to open up at both ends. This won't end well.
Showstopper
AG
That was bull dhit how was that a second yellow?
Showstopper
AG
Take the point. F Michael Oliver.
boogieman
AG
Feel like we stole a point there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.