***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

1,035,179 Views | 21801 Replies | Last: 4 sec ago by Mr.Bond
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tucker takes an 0 for 5 tonight
The Porkchop Express
Cromagnum said:

****ing hell, I'm glad I didn't tune in today. Wtf happened in the 3rd?
We continue to start minor league pitchers against major league rosters
Wabs
AG
Pathetic. Again,
tjack16
AG
On track for 49-113

Is that bad?
Wabs
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Cromagnum said:

****ing hell, I'm glad I didn't tune in today. Wtf happened in the 3rd?
We continue to start minor league pitchers against major league rosters

And our offense is historically pathetic. Not a good combo,
W
AG
12 baserunners = 2 runs

tonight for the Astros

the 'stros had 4 doubles, but they didn't come at the right time
wangus12
AG
Man eff this team right now. No excuse for the bats to be this ****ing bad. At least the pitching has the excuse of the entire staff being on the IL
W
AG
the leadoff spot and the 2-hole reached base 5 times

but scored zero runs

LOB city
EastCoastAgNc
AG
I have a feeling this is what 2020 would have been like had COVID not happened
cc10106
We struggled to win close games that season as well. 4 years before that was the last time we missed the postseason. Offense better get it going tomorrow.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
We are kinda just flat out there
Marvin
AG
It would be great to avoid the sweep with a win tomorrow. Here's hoping...
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Blackbeard94
AG
What an ass whipping
linkdude
AG
AB having some good ABs is positive.
1876er
AG
tjack16 said:

1876er said:

This team blows. This is for all the geniuses that couldn't wait to get rid of Dusty.

This team would be 4-9 with Dusty too. Except Dusty would still be batting Abreu 5th and Tucker 6th

Dusty went ALCS,WS,WS champion, ALCS. Seems like he knew what he was doing.
agdaddy04
AG
Come on man
EastCoastAgNc
AG
W
AG
would be against the Braves

less than ideal
agdaddy04
AG
Maybe he should be a 2 inning reliever
Beau Holder
AG
1876er said:

tjack16 said:

1876er said:

This team blows. This is for all the geniuses that couldn't wait to get rid of Dusty.

This team would be 4-9 with Dusty too. Except Dusty would still be batting Abreu 5th and Tucker 6th

tjack16
AG
1876er said:

tjack16 said:

1876er said:

Nowhere in my post did I say Dusty was bad. In fact I thought from the 2020 postseason - 2022 he was brilliant. 2023 is where I thought he really fell off.

I simply stated the results would be the exact same regardless of who was managing right now and that he had a fascination with batting Abreu way higher in the lineup than the results indicated.
The Porkchop Express
It's a new day and a new opportunity to win a ballgame. Still in the part of the season where a 3-game win streak can turn things around.

If you're a doubter or a hater, let's not forget our past.

On June 1 2005, the staff of the world's dumbest daily newspaper declared the season over at 15-30. The team went 74-43 the rest of the year and made it to the World Series.

LFG
DeProfundis
Abreu currently on pace for an amazing -12 WAR
MaxPower
A highly improbable run. Let's not try to go 15-30 again to see if we can repeat.
The Porkchop Express
DeProfundis said:

Abreu currently on pace for an amazing -12 WAR
When I used to cover HS football, we'd have an in-office competition known as LVP each year - Least Valuable Player in the district. It was always a fine line on who would win the title because you had to be really bad, but also good enough, or at least way better than the replacement, to keep playing the whole year. One year, a placekicker missed 7 of his first 8 FG attempts and several extra points and seemed to have it sewn up, but the coach figured out they had some exchange student enrolled from Yugoslavia or somewhere who played soccer and conscripted him to be the kicker.

Right now, Abreu seems like mortal lock to win Astros' LVP, but I just don't think he has the stamina to stay at 1B the whole year.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

It's a new day and a new opportunity to win a ballgame. Still in the part of the season where a 3-game win streak can turn things around.

If you're a doubter or a hater, let's not forget our past.

On June 1 2005, the staff of the world's dumbest daily newspaper declared the season over at 15-30. The team went 74-43 the rest of the year and made it to the World Series.

LFG
It would be great if they could post that pic by May 1st. Get the rally going early
Bag
AG
there is a solid chance that the Carriage is turning back into a pumpkin, however it is important to note that the combined record of the teams we have played is 31-19, its a long season
Cromagnum
AG
Best 4-9 team in the MLB?
Farmer1906
AG
TarponChaser
Farmer1906 said:

He's not wrong.
Mathguy64
AG
In 13 games We have 3 combined RBI from Bregman and Abreu/Singleton. You won't win many games when two power/hitting positions do that. You can bat them 4/5, or 4/8 and it won't matter. If they refuse to drive in runs this lineup is dead.

In a weird stat, Abreu has been on base 6 times. 3 singles, 2 HBP and a walk. He's scored 4 runs. That's a pretty remarkable %. He should just stand there and let himself get hit. Go full on Don Baylor x Biggio.
Boiling Denim
It feels like a team philosophy at this stage. Get a couple guys on then everyone changes mentality to go for the 3 run bomb.

Our wins to date are just a barrage of home runs and Yordan's 3 run shot in Arlington
J Peterman
AG
TarponChaser said:

Farmer1906 said:

He's not wrong.

How much is this is on Pettis too? I see every time we get a hit with a guy on second he holds up the guy at third with Abreu next up. I get it if it's Yordan but think Pettis needs to be more aggressive.
Wabs
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I think we've been saying this on this board since last season. It's astounding that we leave sooooo many runners on base and/or in scoring position. I don't know if its just a "luck" thing or a product of our philosophy (going for the 3 run bomb). But man is it frustrating to watch. And it seems like even more of a problem at home.
TarponChaser
J Peterman said:

TarponChaser said:

Farmer1906 said:

He's not wrong.

How much is this is on Pettis too? I see every time we get a hit with a guy on second he holds up the guy at third with Abreu next up. I get it if it's Yordan but think Pettis needs to be more aggressive.

I can't say for sure. Maybe it's just Altuve and it's skewing my perception but we seem to get out on the bases with dumb base running an awful lot.
First Page Last Page
Page 211 of 623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.