***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

1,036,578 Views | 21823 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by Ag_07
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DeProfundis said:

Dana Brown says this team will get hot and rattle off 36 wins in a row

He said the same thing in September of last year and it never happened.

This team now is the last few weeks of last season in terms of hitting, only now our starting pitching and bullpen is ass too
f1ghtintexasaggie
DeProfundis said:

Clearly we aren't looking hard enough at the back of their baseball cards...
Marvin
AG
f1ghtintexasaggie said:

DeProfundis said:

Clearly we aren't looking hard enough at the back of their baseball cards...

He can kiss the back of my baseball card. Do something!!
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
GigEM96
As for bullpen, make Montero the closer (not like there's many save opportunities as of late) and let Hader, Pressly, and Abreu audition for it or something.

Crane's gotta make a business decision with Jose Abreu at some point.

The hope that the team can muddle through a bad April only to be saved by the return of the starting pitching off the DL is rapidly fading

Really need to change things up now.
htxag09
AG
We have a rule with the 3 year old…no tv on school nights. Good thing about that is by the time we do the routine and put him to bed the Astros have already **** the bed and I can spare myself the pain.
gambochaman
AG
Dana brown needs to be let go first

Then abreu and singleton dfad

Followed half a second later by snitker and cintron

And then shortly after josh miller
tjack16
AG
Crazy how Bregman was the 2019 AL MVP runner up, and Abreu won the 2020 AL MVP
The Porkchop Express
rgt99 said:

Abreu has four hits this season??? My god
He's 0 for 26 on the road this year.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Beat40
Absolutely one of the wildest starts to the season. There is no way anyone could have predicated this.

The boys have to be somewhat shell shocked at this point. We can say whatever we want, but a lot of vets letting everyone down.
Marvin
AG
htxag09 said:

We have a rule with the 3 year old…no tv on school nights. Good thing about that is by the time we do the routine and put him to bed the Astros have already **** the bed and I can spare myself the pain.

This is what I get for thinking no one could **** the bed more than my 90 year old father-in-law.
DustyBaker
Where have you gone Corey Julks, Astros nation turns its frustrated eyes to you….

Make it so Dana. Let Corey Cook
Aggie95
AG
59 AB's
4 Hits
17 k's

WTF. Why is he in the lineup? If he had any balls, he'd retire.

He has to be near some kind of record for position players to start the year....59 AB's...4 hits
EastCoastAgNc
AG

That's as close as you're going to get an Astros employee to say "this team sucks balls"
tjack16
AG
When I go to Boston in August… Abreu better not be on the roster
Marvin
AG
gambochaman said:

Dana brown needs to be let go first

Then abreu and singleton dfad

Followed half a second later by snitker and cintron

And then shortly after josh miller
I'd go 2, 3... and not sure on 1 and 4.

I whine about the pitching, but Miller would need to be a Merlin-type alchemy wizard to make gold out of this dirt pile. And, I'm not sure Brown really makes any decisions outside scouting and the draft.
tjack16
AG
If we don't make the playoffs, I can't imagine how Espada and Brown survive this season. Especially if we finish below .500
Beat40
At this point, I'm inclined to agree with you he's making scouting and drafting decisions only.

I think Crane let his ego get the best of him with Click. I think Click probably had some ego too, but I think it's too bad Crane couldn't work with Click. Astros most certainly would not have Abreu of Click was GM.
Mr.Bond
AG
I'm gonna take a few days off gents. Keep on keeping on
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

f1ghtintexasaggie
tjack16 said:

If we don't make the playoffs, I can't imagine how Espada and Brown survive this season. Especially if we finish below .500

&ct=g
Aggie95
AG
tjack16 said:

does it really matter? If we finish below .500 you are not bringing this group back which would and SHOULD be the official start to the rebuild. You aren't fixing this thing with a new manager.
FrioAg 00
AG
We selling assets yet?
Beat40
tjack16 said:

Just depends on what happens after April.

I don't think Espada has made any real errors. He's got professionals in that locker room, and they say they really like him, so they are really letting him down right now.
AustinAg2K
Aggie95 said:

59 AB's
4 Hits
17 k's

WTF. Why is he in the lineup? If he had any balls, he'd retire.

He has to be near some kind of record for position players to start the year....59 AB's...4 hits

Has a former MVP ever gotten so bad? When Bagwell was playing with a broken shoulder and couldn't even throw the ball, he still hit .250. I can't think of any MVP who was so bad, even late in their careers.
superaggie73
AG
tjack16 said:

Espada I get, but Brown has been hamstrung by Crane. Crane signed Montero and Abreu before even hiring Brown. Crane wanted Hader. Crane would never let an Abreu replacement be brought in this offseason. Wtf is Brown supposed to do?
Beat40
superaggie73 said:

tjack16 said:

Espada I get, but Brown has been hamstrung by Crane. Crane signed Montero and Abreu before even hiring Brown. Crane wanted Hader. Crane would never let an Abreu replacement be brought in this offseason. Wtf is Brown supposed to do?

Why would you get rid of Espada when almost the same exact team was one win away from going to the WS?

He's just as hamstrung by Crane as Brown is. Those guys Crane really wanted are the guys he has to play.

Many said anyone could have managed the Astros to the WS these past couple of years. Maybe Baker is owed an apology or more of the blame needs to be on the players.
Marvin
AG
10 games down, 5 games out. I know it doesn't matter right now, but at least none of the AL West pillow fighters will run away and hide.
Beat40
Marvin said:

10 games down, 5 games out. I know it doesn't matter right now, but at least none of the AL Central pillow fighters will run away and hide.

As bad as it is right now, 5 games out is not a lot to overcome, but, this team is going to have to figure something out soon.
tjack16
AG
Beat40 said:

Marvin said:

10 games down, 5 games out. I know it doesn't matter right now, but at least none of the AL Central pillow fighters will run away and hide.

As bad as it is right now, 5 games out is not a lot to overcome, but, this team is going to have to figure something out soon.

I'm not really looking at or worried about the standings. Based on the new wild card format It'll take about 88 wins at least to make the playoffs (that is assuming 2 of the AL East teams fall off because they might take all 3 wild card spots themselves)

That means we need to finish 81-57 the rest of the way.
GigEM96
superaggie73 said:

tjack16 said:

Remember when Crane fired his GM after winning a World Series? That was peak hubris.

Really need to shake up the bullpen. Pressly is emo/butthurt he got demoted. I think Abreu is mad/frustrated that instead of an eventual shot at taking over the closer role he's been pushed down, and Hader is pitching like he's forcing everything. Need to just move them all to earlier innings and make them earn their spots/find their grooves.

Need to move Yordan to cleanup and put Bregman back in the 2 hole.

SeanDaAg2005
AG
I'm sure Espada will be let go soon, but I think that will just make things worse, even if it temporarily gets better. We need to completely clean house in the front office. I think the problem is the stuff like letting Click go, firing Espada a couple months into the season, taking on these horrible contracts, and giving the impression (whether true or not) that Crane is trying to be the GM himself is going to turn off whoever the hot shot GM that we should hire is.

Say what you want about Click, I bet he would've had us in a better position this year than Dana.
GigEM96
You could defend staying the course being 5 under .500 24 games in. Ten games under and with the recent trajectory of 6 losses in 7 games need to make some changes.

htxag09
AG
Beat40 said:

superaggie73 said:

tjack16 said:

Why would you get rid of Espada when almost the same exact team was one win away from going to the WS?

He's just as hamstrung by Crane as Brown is. Those guys Crane really wanted are the guys he has to play.

Many said anyone could have managed the Astros to the WS these past couple of years. Maybe Baker is owed an apology or more of the blame needs to be on the players.

I feel like you and me see this differently. Not saying to fire espada, but I believe the fact that this is a WS caliber roster that keeps tripping over their own dicks is even more of a strike against espada. Not like he's getting the most out of them….
GigEM96
htxag09 said:

Beat40 said:

superaggie73 said:

tjack16 said:

I feel like you and me see this differently. Not saying to fire espada, but I believe the fact that this is a WS caliber roster that keeps tripping over their own dicks is even more of a strike against espada. Not like he's getting the most out of them….

Crazy thought but after seeing the home struggles of last season and then this season to date….maybe it's the players?

GigEM96
I mean where's the sense of urgency? This same flat energy is what we saw to end last season.

It's the manager, it's the color of the outfield seats, always an excuse for the players

Texas A&M
GigEM96 said:

Remember when Crane fired his GM after winning a World Series? That was peak hubris.

Crane must have went to the Jerry Jones school of team ownership.
First Page Last Page
Page 348 of 624

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.