Bob Huggins in trouble?

12,895 Views | 153 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by aggiebones
Method Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Absolutely I am. I try to play by society's ever changing rules to an extent. I do believe getting fired for this is stupid even if I think him saying it on an interview is stupid.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Mikeyshooter said:

I think people are downplaying it because it's just words. He didn't punch someone. He didn't beat up his wife. He said something stupid that has no real affect on anything.

It has no real effect on YOU. Or anyone close to you. That doesn't mean it had no effect elsewhere. And that's the problem here. We are such a self centered society.
Mikeyshooter
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Mikeyshooter said:

I think people are downplaying it because it's just words. He didn't punch someone. He didn't beat up his wife. He said something stupid that has no real affect on anything.

It has no real effect on YOU. Or anyone close to you. That doesn't mean it had no effect elsewhere. And that's the problem here. We are such a self centered society.

What effect does it have on a gay person?
agfan2332
FWIW he's not getting fired.
frenchtoast
Mikeyshooter said:

Know Your Enemy said:

Mikeyshooter said:

It hurts a little, to be honest.
LawHall88
AG
Method Man said:

Absolutely I am. I try to play by society's ever changing rules to an extent. I do believe getting fired for this is stupid even if I think him saying it on an interview is stupid.

So is there anything he could have said that would justify his firing? Where is the line, if there is one?
MarcAg
AG
agfan2332 said:

FWIW he's not getting fired.

I still think he's getting fired. It's not my job to decide his fate, but I'm just predicting what I think happens.
agfan2332
Not happening. Decision has been made. They will announce tomorrow his penalties.
MarcAg
AG
agfan2332 said:

Not happening. Decision has been made. They will announce tomorrow his penalties.

He has to dress in drag and read to kids once a week for a month.
mikesyracuse1
I used to listen to 700 wlw a lot and bill Cunningham did some crazy skits and interviews on there. I'm guessing he doesn't do that anymore, but I have no doubt huggy forgot what year it was doing that interview with him. He was a regular on his show when he was at UC.

Btw, Cunningham never mentioned Huggies interview today on his show

Mikesyracuse1
Method Man
Absolutely. If he was caught on tape actually verbally assaulting an individual and calling him gay slurs it's a little different than chuckling about random people he doesn't think are actually gay on a radio broadcast. There's a myriad of things.
Method Man
The people that are overly offended by this and would demand a firing are the most self centered and unforgiving people on Earth.
LawHall88
AG
Method Man said:

Absolutely. If he was caught on tape actually verbally assaulting an individual and calling him gay slurs it's a little different than chuckling about random people he doesn't think are actually gay on a radio broadcast. There's a myriad of things.

What if he had said "Catholic n - - - - - s" instead of "Catholic f- - s?"

A slur is a slur, whether it is directed at an individual or collective group.
Know Your Enemy
AG
LawHall88 said:

Method Man said:

It's OK because not all of them are black so he clearly meant it as a joke. LIGHTEN UP, MAN!
Quail
LawHall88 said:

Method Man said:

And he said he was carrying a gun and voted for Trump!!!! Or unless you are Girls coach at South Carolina.
LawHall88
AG
Quail said:

LawHall88 said:

Method Man said:

And he said he was carrying a gun and voted for Trump!!!! Or unless you are Girls coach at South Carolina.

Two wrongs don't make a right. There is value in taking the high road even when others don't.

I get that political correctness has gotten out of hand, but using it as an excuse to justify homophobic slurs seems like an overcorrection.
Quail
LawHall88 said:

Quail said:

LawHall88 said:

Method Man said:

Two wrongs don't make a right. There is value in taking the high road even when others don't.

I get that political correctness has gotten out of hand, but using it as an excuse to justify homophobic slurs seems like an overcorrection.
Agree, just making the point a suspension should be in order but that should be it. It was stupid to say something like that and should suffer some sort of punishment but not a firing. Just listen to the lyrics in any locker room and tell me there is not more offensive language being used!
Anyway, done on this subject and I will not lose any sleep if they fire or suspend him.
agfan2332

Told you.
CactusThomas
AG
frenchtoast said:

Mikeyshooter said:

Know Your Enemy said:

Mikeyshooter said:

If you were in charge of the situation, what would his punishment be?
GrayMatter
AG
I think the punishment fits the crime; it's stupid what he said, stupid the circumstance in which he said it, but I think it's even more stupid to want him fired for that statement.
mikesyracuse1
Here are some details of the WVU punishment

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/37595150/sources-bob-huggins-take-1m-salary-reduction-anti-gay-slur

Mikesyracuse1
Double Diamond
I'm so tired of acting like people should have their live ruined over saying something stupid. Bob Huggins didn't say a thing against the gay or trans community. Thankfully WVU agrees.
CactusThomas
AG
A $1,000,000 word
MarcAg
AG
I like the punishment that actually helps the school out Hey we are punishing you, we keep you as our coach, we keep all the recruits you added in the portal and we are saving a million dollars.
Double Diamond
I read an article that declared this act as heinous crime lol. Some people are so high and mighty.
MarcAg
AG
CactusThomas said:

A $1,000,000 word
$500,000 word
Method Man
Next subject.
bobinator
AG
No thread is complete until someone gets Jerry'd and this time it was Tobias' turn
carl spacklers hat
Know Your Enemy said:

Mikeyshooter said:

"Sticks and stones and stuff..."
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Faustus
MarcAg said:

I like the punishment that actually helps the school out Hey we are punishing you, we keep you as our coach, we keep all the recruits you added in the portal and we are saving a million dollars.
That cracked me up too.
LawHall88
AG
CactusThomas
AG
weak
CactusThomas
AG
Not it
frenchtoast
CactusThomas said:

frenchtoast said:

Mikeyshooter said:

Know Your Enemy said:

Mikeyshooter said:

If you were in charge of the situation, what would his punishment be?
Good question. I think we've discussed it to death already and I don't have anything new to add. I don't really care that much that he didn't get fired.
Texas A&M
The left leaning sports media is triggered/offended

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.