Bob Huggins in trouble?

12,645 Views | 153 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by aggiebones
Tobias Funke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

Tobias Funke said:

Defending him would be saying they still love him and are proud of him and know this doesn't reflect who he is.

What she posted was a tone deaf, entitled hissyfit and attempt to put the university board on blast for firing a guy who committed not one but two egregious mistakes in just a few weeks. She's a moron.

He offered to go to rehab to save his job? What will be truly telling is if he goes to rehab anyway, but that's not really any of our business

Dude, it's her dad. What the hell did you expect her to say?

Nothing at all? I didn't even know she existed until last week.
frenchtoast
I expected her to look like Bob Huggins in a blond wig.
Ornithopter
AG
txag72 said:

I hate the f bomb on any sort of media. TV has made it what the word butt was back in the day. Taboo. So it is acceptable 24 7 on tv, but let someone like him say it and it's a crime. Our society sucks so bad.

Um, that was not the f bomb he used.
rhutton125
AG
The plot thickens:

Quote:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/37981764/former-coach-bob-huggins-says-never-resigned-wvu

As someone who works in HR… this makes me a little insane. Very curious to see what happens next.
wacarnolds
AG
LawHall88
AG
I'm assuming the buyout negotiations aren't going well.
BQ_90
AG
Huggy Bear refusing to leave after last call
Know Your Enemy
AG
greg.w.h
AG
rhutton125 said:

The plot thickens:

Quote:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/37981764/former-coach-bob-huggins-says-never-resigned-wvu

As someone who works in HR… this makes me a little insane. Very curious to see what happens next.
""Based on press statements, it appears that WVU is taking the position that Coach Huggins voluntarily resigned and terminated the Employment Agreement in advance of April 30, 2024 (the day his current contract was set to expire)," Campbell wrote. "However, although the press statements purport to have resignation communications directly from Coach Huggins to you and/or the Athletic Director, Coach Huggins has never communicated his resignation to you, the Athletic Director, or anyone at WVU. To the contrary, we understand that the purported 'resignation' is incredibly based on a text message from Coach Huggins' wife."

The university on Saturday released an email that was sent from an account belonging to "June Huggins" -- Huggins' wife -- to athletic director Wren Baker the day the head coach announced his resignation that said, "Please accept this correspondence as my formal notice of resignation as WVU Head Basketball Coach and as notice of my retirement from West Virginia University, effective immediately.""
Double Diamond
It's sad. One of the all time greats.
Muy
AG
We can all be our own worst enemy but dayum.
Double Diamond
They tricked his wife into having Bob resign. She was told he would lose everything if he didn't.
LawHall88
AG
Double Diamond said:

They tricked his wife into having Bob resign. She was told he would lose everything if he didn't.
Who is "they?" Was he too drunk to send his own e-mails?
aggiebones
AG
She probably didn't sign of her account and he wasn't paying attention / drunk and just sent from her account.

He's gone. He can slide out the back door or get kicked out the front.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.