Bob Huggins in trouble?

12,891 Views | 153 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by aggiebones
CactusThomas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Diamond was right!
Double Diamond
Bob Huggins has spent 16 years making the state of West Virginia better. Let's ruin the man and ignore all of this because he said something stupid. It wasn't targeted at Gay people or Trans. The amount of high and mighty people like Pat Forde is a sickness in this country. And yea, guess what Bob Huggins is the most powerful person in WVU. Bob Huggins was long before this. In a world we're Beard can work months after beating his girl friend. There is a place for Bob Huggins to say he is sorry for using words.
Know Your Enemy
AG
So if he says it again is he OK to get off with another forced apology and million dollar salary reduction?
agfan2332
Double Diamond said:

Bob Huggins has spent 16 years making the state of West Virginia better. Let's ruin the man and ignore all of this because he said something stupid. It wasn't targeted at Gay people or Trans. The amount of high and mighty people like Pat Forde is a sickness in this country. And yea, guess what Bob Huggins is the most powerful person in WVU. Bob Huggins was long before this. In a world we're Beard can work months after beating his girl friend. There is a place for Bob Huggins to say he is sorry for using words.

I can't star this enough. I and my family know Huggs personally and this is a great way to put who he really is. The guy screwed up with his comments and he knows it and truly regrets it, but he's owning up to his mistake and not hiding from it. I think it's a great opportunity for him to make this right with all of the things the school laid out for him to do with him and the community and knowing him he's going to take it seriously. The guy is a great man and shouldn't have his head cut off for a bad mistake.
CactusThomas
AG
Oh please
Double Diamond
Know Your Enemy said:

So if he says it again is he OK to get off with another forced apology and million dollar salary reduction?

They already said he can't. And that seems fair. In 40 years of coaching. Bob Huggins has never done anything like this. In fact tends to be very quit and mild mannered in interviews. This was a strange moment.
Double Diamond
agfan2332 said:

Double Diamond said:

I can't star this enough. I and my family know Huggs personally and this is a great way to put who he really is. The guy screwed up with his comments and he knows it and truly regrets it, but he's owning up to his mistake and not hiding from it. I think it's a great opportunity for him to make this right with all of the things the school laid out for him to do with him and the community and knowing him he's going to take it seriously. The guy is a great man and shouldn't have his head cut off for a bad mistake.

That's cool you know coach Huggins. I've watched the guy from afar and think the world of Huggins.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Double Diamond said:

Know Your Enemy said:

They already said he can't. And that seems fair. In 40 years of coaching. Bob Huggins has never done anything like this. In fact tends to be very quit and mild mannered in interviews. This was a strange moment.
I don't care what "they" say. I am asking you, Ben.
Double Diamond
I do not think this being said again will be okay. I think this will be Huggins last year coaching. He has a solid team put together through the portal. What I've always thought says a lot about Huggins is the former players love him and the media likes him. Outside of idiots like Pat Forde who thinks he is the most pure person ever and spends his days writing articles waving his finger at all the sinners.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Mikeyshooter
AG
He gone
Rec
AG
Learn to play the saxophone…
Tobias Funke
AG
Double Diamond said:

I do not think this being said again will be okay. I think this will be Huggins last year coaching. He has a solid team put together through the portal. What I've always thought says a lot about Huggins is the former players love him and the media likes him. Outside of idiots like Pat Forde who thinks he is the most pure person ever and spends his days writing articles waving his finger at all the sinners.

This isn't aging well
Tobias Funke
AG
agfan2332 said:

Double Diamond said:

Neither is this
Method Man
I'm a little surprised he's a heavy drinker. I thought it was normal to see someone's liver through their shirt.
HossAg
AG
Lmfao
mikesyracuse1
The charge will probably go away but he's probably done at WVU.

Mikesyracuse1
Know Your Enemy
AG
Method Man
Alcohol man. So fun until it's not.
LawHall88
AG
rlb28 said:

Disagree. If you listen to that clip there's no way you can believe he was being hateful. No way.
I don't want to relitigate this, but just to summarize:

1. He wanted to say something insulting to Xavier Fans;
2. So he referred to them as "f--s;"
3. Which is a derogatory term for homosexuals;
4. Ergo, he was insulting them by referring to them by using a derogatory term for homosexuals.

I don't know if he was being "hateful," but he certainly was not saying anything complimentary to the homosexual community.

Method Man
Know Your Enemy
AG
HossAg
AG
His daughter is a moron
slatermikan
Method Man said:

That was good to see. I remember that now and it was great to see an example of the great relationships that can be built in sports.
Also...look for the cameo from Joe Mazzulla!
Tobias Funke
AG
Wow, whole lotta nonsense here. What was she saying with "Cue Ohio State"?
wtr1975
AG
HossAg said:

His daughter is a moron

Yeah right! Heaven forbid that the rest of us should have such a daughter who loves us no matter what and who is willing to stand up for us. Give her a break!
HossAg
AG
wtr1975 said:

HossAg said:

His daughter is a moron

Yeah right! Heaven forbid that the rest of us should have such a daughter who loves us no matter what and who is willing to stand up for us. Give her a break!

She's defending him driving with a .21 BAC. She's a moron.
Tobias Funke
AG
Defending him would be saying they still love him and are proud of him and know this doesn't reflect who he is.

What she posted was a tone deaf, entitled hissyfit and attempt to put the university board on blast for firing a guy who committed not one but two egregious mistakes in just a few weeks. She's a moron.

He offered to go to rehab to save his job? What will be truly telling is if he goes to rehab anyway, but that's not really any of our business
Bunk Moreland
Tobias Funke said:

Wow, whole lotta nonsense here. What was she saying with "Cue Ohio State"?

Gordon Gee's mouth got him forced out at tOSU years ago.
TyperWoods
LawHall88 said:

rlb28 said:

Disagree. If you listen to that clip there's no way you can believe he was being hateful. No way.

4. Ergo, he was insulting them by referring to them by using a derogatory term for homosexuals.

I don't know if he was being "hateful," but he certainly was not saying anything complimentary to the homosexual community.

its a cigarette
Know Your Enemy
AG
TyperWoods said:

LawHall88 said:

rlb28 said:

its a cigarette

I didn't realize Huggy Bear was British.
LawHall88
AG
Looks like WVU is promoting an assistant, presumably in an effort to keep the recruiting class from disappearing into the breeze.
Charlie Moran
AG
It's official . Eilert promoted as interim head coach. WVU scheduled to go to Italy for summer ball and no time to completely reinvent the wheel at this time in the offseason.
On a personal note I'm friends of the family and am excited that Josh is getting this opportunity. Here's hoping that he can keep the team together and make a good run this year. He's really a nice guy
"I didn't come here to lose!" Charley Moran
Deputy Travis Junior
Tobias Funke said:

Defending him would be saying they still love him and are proud of him and know this doesn't reflect who he is.

What she posted was a tone deaf, entitled hissyfit and attempt to put the university board on blast for firing a guy who committed not one but two egregious mistakes in just a few weeks. She's a moron.

He offered to go to rehab to save his job? What will be truly telling is if he goes to rehab anyway, but that's not really any of our business

Dude, it's her dad. What the hell did you expect her to say?
txag72
AG
I hate the f bomb on any sort of media. TV has made it what the word butt was back in the day. Taboo. So it is acceptable 24 7 on tv, but let someone like him say it and it's a crime. Our society sucks so bad.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.