2 Articles Mention Buzz as Candidate at Arky

9,296 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by TyHolden
medog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If Buzz were to leave, it would be Trev Albert's first hire. Hoiberg?
Method Man
BK beat Buzz. Buzz beat Hoidberg. It fits.
Proposition Joe
I think the Marble situation showed that there's a whole lot of people who think they (or their friend) has the inside scoop, when they really don't.
PGAG
AG
I don't think so. Hoiberg was on really thin ice there. They were not very athletic even in this good year.
MarcAg
AG
Proposition Joe said:

I think the Marble situation showed that there's a whole lot of people who think they (or their friend) has the inside scoop, when they really don't.

Most of the people who were wrong here are the people who said they got info from players. I don't think those people were lying about talking to players. I think they were getting asked so much that they probably got together as a team and said here is what we are going to give classmates who ask.

Syracuse takes some heat on this topic, but I don't think he ever claimed he had inside info on this topic. He just said be patient and this will be over soon. I think he was just assuming the matter would have some resolution quickly one way or another. But maybe I'm wrong and he thought he knew something. It probably didn't help that I think somebody posted on that thread something like he usually knows what he's talking about.
Proposition Joe
MarcAg said:

Proposition Joe said:

Most of the people who were wrong here are the people who said they got info from players. I don't think those people were lying about talking to players. I think they were getting asked so much that they probably got together as a team and said here is what we are going to give classmates who ask.

Syracuse takes some heat on this topic, but I don't think he ever claimed he had inside info on this topic. He just said be patient and this will be over soon. I think he was just assuming the matter would have some resolution quickly one way or another. But maybe I'm wrong and he thought he knew something. It probably didn't help that I think somebody posted on that thread something like he usually knows what he's talking about.

I don't mean it specifically directed at anyone, I mean it more that in college athletics as a whole you have a ton of people who claim to be plugged in, or that know something "some big cigar that told them..." and in most cases it's someone who thinks they are getting info near the top but were just listening to some donor who is glad-handed by the school but not privy to anything all that significant.

In football we were about to hire a Mark Stoops and Billy had to essentially come to the forums to alert the masses to act. In basketball we had a key player last year simply never play for us this year, and on an anonymous message board no one seemed to actually know any details.

IMO the people who think they are plugged-in aren't near as plugged-in as they think. So I tend to take any "our fan base refuses to support basketball NIL" with a heavy grain of salt. I sounded the alarm a few years ago that Texas was soliciting all of their donors while A&M was not being very proactive about reaching out to many of their top donors. I imagine that's the case here again. The funds are available, but no one is asking for them.
DTP02
AG
Gap said:

If the message doesn't sync up with your agenda, attack the messenger.

No one here has real information on this. Our head coaches don't. And the Athletic Directors don't. Don't pretend otherwise.

There are people posting on TexAgs who have intimate knowledge of our NIL efforts, including both key figures in the organization of it and top donors to it. And there are also people who talk to those people.
Proposition Joe
DTP02 said:

Gap said:

If the message doesn't sync up with your agenda, attack the messenger.

No one here has real information on this. Our head coaches don't. And the Athletic Directors don't. Don't pretend otherwise.

There are people posting on TexAgs who have intimate knowledge of our NIL efforts, including both key figures in the organization of it and top donors to it. And there are also people who talk to those people.

You don't have to have intimate knowledge of our NIL efforts to be a high ranking donor and know there has been no significant solicitation.

The issue isn't that we're soliciting for funds and we simply can't raise enough. Either Buzz isn't asking, or the key figures in charge of our NIL efforts aren't asking. Throwing up a NIL website and hoping funds just pour isn't an issue with the funders, it's an issue with the fundraisers.

You know why Texas football lapped us in NIL in Year 2? Because they solicited their entire donor base directly - with regional leaders reaching out directly to individual donors large and small. We didn't. To a large extent, we still haven't.
greg.w.h
AG
Sounds like those who are involved need to bring this to the attention of the notional leadership. I have zero information and no contacts. Everything I write is analysis based on sourced material that seems accurate. There isn't much actual info in anything in the public realm on NIL. And the guessing sites like On3 strike me as fabricated entirely.
AgEfan
The website is mostly for the poors. Like most of us who post on Texags basketball boards. I don't think most of us here have a clue what kind of discussions go on between the NIL folks, Buzz and the big time donors.
Proposition Joe
AgEfan said:

The website is mostly for the poors. Like most of us who post on Texags basketball boards. I don't think most of us here have a clue what kind of discussions go on between the NIL folks, Buzz and the big time donors.

I can say with a high degree of certainty there are Top 500, Top 250, and even Top 100 priority point donors to Texas A&M Athletics that have not been solicited directly for NIL in either football or basketball.

As long as that is the case, then any knock on our NIL funding should be directed at the fundraisers -- not the fanbase/potential-funders.
AgEfan
So where do the blame fall there? On people organizing our NIL? I don't think it can fall entirely on the coaches. Elko doesn't know who the top 500 donors are. He knows the biggest ones I'm sure.
Proposition Joe
AgEfan said:

So where do the blame fall there? On people organizing our NIL? I don't think it can fall entirely on the coaches. Elko doesn't know who the top 500 donors are. He knows the biggest ones I'm sure.

My initial thoughts back during early NIL days with football is that with as much publicity our #1 recruiting class was getting in Year 1 (and still no real idea what the NCAA was going to say about things), that we decided to keep our funding/efforts very closed-mouth.

During that time, the longhorns and some other schools were directly soliciting damn near every donor in their database. Those $100 donations don't do much on their own, but crowdsourcing 10,000 people it sure makes an impact.

If I had to guess, based on our NCAA history we haven't leaned into NIL soliciting as brazenly as other schools have. But I just get tired of the comments that our fanbase just isn't willing to pony up, because truth is most of them haven't been asked to.
Gap
AG
I'm certain that some here have talked NIL directly with 5 or more of our head coaches but never heard from even a staffer from MBB. If a head coach is not getting something they want, they go out and communicate, encourage, and make it happen.
TyHolden
AG
She did a cameo on snl tonight. She talks like Jimbo no doubt. The rest of the team was in on the closing...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.