Hydroxychloroquine...........

293,891 Views | 1854 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Jabin
vettmaster99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

PikesPeakAg said:

Spoke with local pharmacist. Plaquenil orders surge has stressed system. Plaquenil is now limited to 21 pills. Documentation of Diagnosis, Covid status, RA, or Lupus is required. Apparently a fair number of doctor's, residents etc.. have ordered for family. Out of state doc's etc. Disappointing but not surprising and frankly unethical! One doc actually wrote a prescription for a 19 year old. WTF! That doc should be disciplined!

581 Covid + cases in Texas as of this moment. I have no idea of percentage with respiratory symptoms but they should be only people getting prescriptions.

I would love to see those doctors have their medical licenses suspended.

Don't worry I've got a list of these individuals and will be reporting them.
RXAggie02
AG
I have seen at least 9 physicians try with my pharmacy as well, then barated me when I refused to fill them. Regardless that its unethical (especially at a quantity of 180 per person in their family) and I am following the law. One doctor told me yesterday that I am being unrealistic and she will just use another pharmacy and send all her business elsewhere. Disappointing.

Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
RXAggie02 said:

I have seen at least 9 physicians try with my pharmacy as well, then barated me when I refused to fill them. Regardless that its unethical (especially at a quantity of 180 per person in their family) and I am following the law. One doctor told me yesterday that I am being unrealistic and she will just use another pharmacy and send all her business elsewhere. Disappointing.

Jesus, these people clearly should have never been doctors. The most of absurd part is that this is all for an unproven treatment with a very low pre-test probability of efficacy. I really do hope some of y'all report them. Most will probably get a slap on the wrist, but it will deter some from doing this again.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
McInnis 03
AG
RXAggie02 said:

Doing the right thing can be hard. Thank you for doing it.
If you need to, let Texags know your pharmacy. We got you.
FriscoKid
AG
RXAggie02 said:

Yeah, I'd report their asses to a state board for that ****.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
I imagine some pharmacists are doing this already. I represent lots of docs in front of the Board and think I'll be happy to have the work soon.
RXAggie02
AG
Its no secret. I am the pharmacy manager at HEB Towerpoint in College Station.
RXAggie02
AG
Wozlaw said:

I imagine some pharmacists are doing this already. I represent lots of docs in front of the Board and think I'll be happy to have the work soon.
I don't really want to report. I told them no and they didn't get it from me, so I did what I could to keep it at bay. Explaining to them it should be reserved for active infections IF it even works. Should it blemish their license? Maybe a small smack, but I wouldn't be out for a license from anyone. Thats just me though.
DTP02
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

Blackstreet said:

My question is "is a surgical mask sufficient" other than specific situations because thats what the CDC is saying?

Outside of specific scenarios yes, a surgical mask is usually sufficient. This is the case for the vast majority of respiratory viruses.

In most cases, this would be a surgical mask on both sides of the equation, right? Both the presumably infected patient and the doctor would wear a mask unless the patient was undergoing an evaluation or treatment which required the mask to be down?
DTP02
AG
Nm
RXAggie02
AG
DTP02 said:

Nm
Haha, that is me! I get asked daily anyway.
DTP02
AG
RXAggie02 said:

DTP02 said:

Nm
Haha, that is me! I get asked daily anyway.

Yeah, figured that was you. The Towerpoint store is doing such a great job in difficult circumstances. I've always been impressed by HEB in general, and that location is one of the better ones of a very good bunch.
vettmaster99
AG
RXAggie02 said:

Its no secret. I am the pharmacy manager at HEB Towerpoint in College Station.

Ahh HEB! It's such a great place to work.

Pray for those stuck at the other the 3-letter stores who are being under staffed like usual. :\
HouAggie2007
DTP02 said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

Blackstreet said:

My question is "is a surgical mask sufficient" other than specific situations because thats what the CDC is saying?

Outside of specific scenarios yes, a surgical mask is usually sufficient. This is the case for the vast majority of respiratory viruses.

In most cases, this would be a surgical mask on both sides of the equation, right? Both the presumably infected patient and the doctor would wear a mask unless the patient was undergoing an evaluation or treatment which required the mask to be down?

Hard to say this right now as we need most doctors, but **** them. They should be out in their asses, they are no better than any other hoarder or selfish person and should face the consequences
Infection_Ag11
AG
RXAggie02 said:

Report them to the state medical board

I'm serious
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Reginald Cousins
S
Reginald Cousins
S
Spaulding
HouAggie2007 said:

Hard to say this right now as we need most doctors, but **** them. They should be out in their asses, they are no better than any other hoarder or selfish person and should face the consequences
These guys are much worse than the guys picking up an extra 15 pack of TP
Barnyard96
AG
Any updates from local doctors on the progress of HCQ with current cases?
JD Shellnut
AG
Reginald Cousins said:

Drifter. said:

Palovic said:

Great information. The bioavailability is definately an issue.

I was doing some research and it looks like there is a study that shows Quercetin Phytosome provides more bioavailability of the product.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6418071/

Just ordered a couple of bottles
Where?

https://www.thorne.com/products/dp/quercetin-phytosome?gclid=Cj0KCQjwmdzzBRC7ARIsANdqRRkcVeE8ZXED_ziNM4AzzkuVhMRy5SnvjagX4g8vXOr3J4YFGeL8ntAaAmN5EALw_wcB
Reginald Cousins
S
Palovic
Nice job Reginald and Drifter! Anything we can do to increase zinc intake past the cellular membrane is an absolute plus.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Our ID docs not recommending azithromycin or other IL-6 inhibitors . Not sure why other than theoretical QT issues. Daily EKGs. I'm still Rxing HCQ and azithro. Personally never seen alot of QT prolongation with azithro and I've Rx'd tons of the stuff.
DTP02
AG
HouAggie2007 said:

DTP02 said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

Blackstreet said:

What the heck is this in response to? You don't want doctors to have masks?
Palovic
This is a response to physicians writing scripts for HCQ to to people who are not symptomatic nor have tested positive for CV-19
Exsurge Domine
Marcus Aurelius said:

Our ID docs not recommending azithromycin or other IL-6 inhibitors . Not sure why other than theoretical QT issues. Daily EKGs. I'm still Rxing HCQ and azithro. Personally never seen alot of QT prolongation with azithro and I've tons of the stuff.

You the man. How is the stuff performing? Are people getting better with the combo?
DTP02
AG
Okay. Strange to try to tie that in to a discussion about docs wearing PPE.
PikesPeakAg
AG
Good, keep it up. Theoretical risk is not enough to prevent you from treating the sickest. Our patients aren't theoretical. Daily Ekg's are reasonable compromise to follow QT. BTW as I am sure you have seen, the same French investigators who published their recent albeit small data suggest it would be unethical not to trial both drugs together based on their experience. If this pans out the world, especially the US, owes them a debt of gratitude. Regardless, we continue to press on.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Well. N of 2. See thread re the husband and wife I am treating. He is tenuous still. She is better and will DC home soon.
Exsurge Domine
Marcus Aurelius said:

Well. N of 2. See thread re the husband and wife I am treating. He is tenuous still. She is better and will DC home soon.

Great news
HouAggie2007
It was tied directly to the top post on this page
DTP02
AG
HouAggie2007 said:

"Screw all docs they shouldn't get any masks because a handful of docs tried to get a scrip for hydroxychloraquine." I feel like I'm in a conversation on Family Guy.
TXAggie2011
AG
DTP02 said:

HouAggie2007 said:

"Screw all docs they shouldn't get any masks because a handful of docs tried to get a scrip for hydroxychloraquine." I feel like I'm in a conversation on Family Guy.
I'm going to assume y'all are on Three's Company, actually, and he was talking about the folks that were prescribing pills for themselves and their family and just made the post out of context/in a weird way.

In about 20 minutes and a commercial break, we'll all be friends again.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Please don't sabotage this thread guys. Important times. Need to keep dialogue flowing. Ya'll can start another thread re the docs who Rx'd HCQ to non sick people.
TXAggie2011
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

Please don't sabotage this thread guys. Important times. Need to keep dialogue flowing. Ya'll can start another thread re the docs who Rx'd HCQ to non sick people.
I was trying to resolve whatever was going on, by saying I think its a misunderstanding and we should "all be friends again."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.