Would you watch the Aggies play in this weather?

3,624 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by htxag09
Infection_Ag11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would much, much rather attend a dry game with a wind chill below zero than a game in the rain that was 30-40 degrees warmer.

It's not hard to layer up enough to be comfortable in frigid temps as long as it's dry. Especially these days with the high quality thermal gear available. It is extremely difficult to stay warm on a wet 30ish degree day.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Aggie
AG
Bonfired said:

BMX Bandit said:

nah, once was enough

Still remember the snow making a natural koozie around my beer...guy next to me said "you've gotta love a game where your beer gets colder the longer you have it"

Driving back to my hotel room in Marshall after that game sucked for multiple reasons.

We drove back to CS after that game. All the hotels were full. Snow all the way back to Crockett. Several roads closed. Normally a 4 hour drive took us nearly 10 hours
dabo man
AG
At least 15 taken to hospitals due to freezing temperatures at Chiefs playoff game
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/15-people-hospitals-due-freezing-temperatures-chiefs-playoff/story?id=106409177
Quote:

A Kansas City Fire Department (KCFD) spokesperson told ABC News that the agency received 69 calls from both inside Arrowhead Stadium and from the parking lot, with half of them hypothermia-related.

"We set up four field aid stations throughout the parking lot and…either someone flagged us down or we were sent by our operations to locate those individuals in their seats," the spokesperson said.

KCFD said some patients were evaluated and treated on-site, while 15 people were taken to hospitals in the area with at least seven treated for hypothermia symptoms and three for frostbite symptoms.
htxag09
AG
AP: Some fans at frigid Chiefs playoff game underwent amputations, hospital confirms

Quote:

Research Medical Center didn't provide exact numbers but said in a statement that it treated dozens of people who had experienced frostbite during an 11-day cold snap in January. Twelve of those people including some who were at the Jan. 13 game had to undergo amputations involving mostly fingers and toes. And the hospital said more surgeries are expected over the next two to four weeks as "injuries evolve."
A bit of clickbait as it's in general for the cold snap, not just the game. But appears at least some people were at the game.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.