Houston
Sponsored by

*****2024 Houston Weather*****

211,858 Views | 1844 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by AustinCountyAg
texasaggie2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jetch17 said:

I will tell anyone that needs help I have a truck & full tank on the NW side today if you need it

I second this. No work for me today. I don't have a truck, but if help is needed in any way, please let me know.
Nitro Power
AG
We are apparently neighbors of sorts. I live in Lake Somerville

I saw this house this morning.
schmellba99
AG
Dill-Ag13 said:

Imagine thinking that power generation, transmission and distribution all happens within a 1/4 mile of you and if you didn't have bad storms then how can you not have power.
These people vote, often multiple times, and there are a lot of them.
David_Puddy
CowtownAg06
AG
I wouldn't freak out too much about the 345kvs impacting your house. Those will take a while but we aren't completely dependent on them. There are options to bring on in Houston (more expensive) but that isn't what will keep us offline. This will be like any storm with linemen doing their job bit by bit. The difference I see is that when we have a hurricane, there are multiple days notice and we get guys from all over the country coming in. This one being such a surprise will take a minute for the calvary to come in. I still think most of us will be back on by Monday.
wessimo
AG
Any gas stations open Heights area?
Panama Red
AG
cryption said:

Our house in Spring Branch has no power. We are out of town so no telling what we will come home to. My trash can was at the street I'm sure it's gone.
We will keep that trash can in our prayers.
maroon barchetta
wessimo said:

I don't know about that but I hope you have cash.

My daughter has found some businesses open but point of sale equipment can't communicate with wherever it needs to talk to.
K Bo
AG
Folks on Ring app saying the Chevron at I10 and Washington/Wescott and the station and Shepherd and Washington are both open.
Project Gemini
AG
The one at Shep and Wash is open but a total **** show
Cynic
Oh good, rescue is coming.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/harris-county/harris-county-judge-lina-hidalgo-storm-response/285-f926df74-9cb6-4409-95b3-8df48812decf
Ryan the Temp
AG
TX04Aggie said:

Welp. Just got data on my work phone. I'm in timbergrove. Truck totaled. House decent amount of damage. Roof. Siding. Gutters. Windows ok. This is bad though in the hood.
was that your truck I just saw on Channel 13?
aggiedata
AG
wessimo said:

My buddy Danny has a generator and on the emergency fuel program. Chevron at wescott and 1-10

https://maps.app.goo.gl/WZQX1BJyWC1KtFcd6?g_st=ic
AJ02
AG
Just drove by a bank of Tesla charging stations at a gas station in Spring and it was full. Never seen more than 1 or 2 cars at a time. I'm guessing no power at their own homes to charge their cars.

So something else to consider when the government forces all of us to electric....what happens when the grid goes down after a major catastrophe and no one can charge their vehicles? No vehicles to start the clean up process, go get food and water, relocate when your AC is out in the heat of the summer for 2 weeks, no way to get emergency medical care.
NoahAg
Yeah but if it saves one polar bear.
TX04Aggie
AG
No. I drove it home with a flat tire basically, no windows, a 2x4 through a door and a collapsed back end….made for a long ride home navigating treemageddon
Alex Bregman
AG
NoahAg said:

Yeah but if it allegedly saves one polar bear.
HtownAg92
AG
Part of the roof ripped off at my daughter's gymnastics gym in the Heights. Luckily my wife was still there instead of usual dropoff (4 hour practices). Most parents were not there. Wife handled about 30 or so freaked out little girls.
Martin Q. Blank

Quote:

So something else to consider when the government forces all of us to electric....what happens when the grid goes down after a major catastrophe and no one can charge their vehicles? No vehicles to start the clean up process, go get food and water, relocate when your AC is out in the heat of the summer for 2 weeks, no way to get emergency medical care.
They promised us their Tesla's can be plugged into their house to provide power.
BlueTaze
AJ02 said:

Just drove by a bank of Tesla charging stations at a gas station in Spring and it was full. Never seen more than 1 or 2 cars at a time. I'm guessing no power at their own homes to charge their cars.

Pro power F150 gas fueled
aTm2004
AG
The Kraken said:

Idiots

Yep. Twitter is full of the "TeXaS gRiD" morons this morning. Their lizard brains are incapable of distinguishing between infrastructure and electric availability.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Tree went through a garage apartment on Nicholson and killed someone.
Yordaddy
AG
Was pretty sporty for me and I live off Nicholson. Was i the garage apartment at Nicholson and 24th by chance?
htxag09
AG
BlueTaze said:

AJ02 said:

Pro power F150 gas fueled

Hooked mine up this morning (just stayed at the in laws last night). Powering everything but the ACs unfortunately. Debating picking up a couple of portable ac units. Fine now, but afraid this may take a week plus and they'll be impossible to find.
aggiedata
AG
BohunkAg
AG
98Ag99Grad
AG
Props to the mayor for not slapping the sht out of her. Pompous ass
Sea Speed
AG
BohunkAg said:

Such an absolute ****
maroon10
AG
God she sucks
Guitarsoup
AG
BohunkAg said:

I don't know how any non-english speakers survived prior to a spanish-speaking judge being elected in Harris county.

She's so concerned about the Spanish speakers, but I sure didn't see her bringing someone in to speak Vietnamese. Does she not care about equity for our Vietnamese non-english speakers? Does she want them all to die?
Kenneth_2003
AG
What an arrogant B.

All for counties? Sweetheart you're not in charge of 4 counties. Next time Whitmire should bring his own interpreter
Ag_07
AG
Whitmire wasn't the one who got testy
Zeke1995
AG
Cibalo said:

Heard that the revolving doors at Enterprise Plaza downtown got blown out
I was on 50 when it started getting wild. When I got to the lobby of Enterprise Plaza, the revolving door by security had already collapsed letting rain and debris fly in.
DallasTeleAg
Anyone who lost power inside the loop get it back yet? Should we be planning for no power until monday?
Crazy Ag 97
AG
wessimo said:

Just drive over to the Montrose area. West Alabama and Montrose. Zero lines, credit cards work fine. 10 minute drive to avoid an hour long line.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.