Movies that Mention Texas A&M

33,206 Views | 170 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Admiral_ZAX
Redstone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
what was the jerry mc reference?
TAMU_91
AG
Gone With the Wind
elbow
AG
In Space Cowboys, Tommy Lee Jones' character's girlfriend was stolen by a "Texas A&M linebacker". He then goes on to say that at a dance, he tipped over a port-a-potty thinking he was in it, but it was the girl instead.
SkinkyAg03
AG
I almost ran over Clint Eastwood with a tram while they were getting ready to shoot some scenes at NASA for Space Cowboy.
Bunk Moreland
Gladiator, The Patriot, Planet of the Apes, Little House on the Prairie, The Wizard of Oz, Pulp Fiction, Starsky and Hutch, The Passion of the Christ, and many others mention the letters A and M.
Wendells 98
I think the Jerry Maguire refrence was at the end of the movie when the kid throws the ball back to the baseball kids.
WCrew04
AG
The Last Boy Scout has part of the A&M/BYU game.
Only1BFish
AG
the jerry macquire reference i am referring to is when his girlfriend is gripping at him for always being gone on the road doing his job and says something to the effect of going to no name towns like college station.

very very loosely quoted but it does mention us in there.
TAMU_91
AG
I think that is My Best Friend's Wedding.
Worm01
AG
Has anyone mentioned the part in Back to the Future II where they give the score of the A&M vs. Rice game?

[This message has been edited by Worm01 (edited 4/27/2004 11:07p).]
spider96
AG
"They've never been licked". A World War 2 movie. Reveille I is in the movie.
CheladaAg
AG
Girls Gone Wild Part 4
Astro Jetson
Only1BFish -- it is "My Best Friend's Wedding". She mentions traveling to odd places like College Station, TX as part of his job. It is a Julia Roberts jab at her former husband and current friend Lyle Lovett.

Astro Jetson
I also have noticed that very few references have a positive connotation with them. The one in best friend's wedding makes CS seem like a dismal place to be, the one in Intolerable Cruelty makes us seem like football crazed nuts (Billy Bob replies "tight end" when they asked why he went there as if the only thing people go to A&M for is football), the one in Varsity Blues is some black running black complaining about Tech or A&M never giving him a call (mainly due to the coach but it doesn't help).

dorion
quote:
the jerry macquire reference i am referring to is when his girlfriend is gripping at him for always being gone on the road doing his job and says something to the effect of going to no name towns like college station.

very very loosely quoted but it does mention us in there.

good one, Skippy.
Oh Four Five
AG
They never actually mention it in the movie, but the Fish Drill Team was in the beginning of A Few Good Men.
EVA3
AG
Can't believe no one has mentioned "What's Up, Doc?"

Also, the extras in "Courage Under Fire" were A&M cadets. I was one of them. A lot of it was filmed at Gary in San Marcos.
Rugbyman93
Audie Murphy plays an A&M cadet (towards the end of the movie) in Bad Boy (1949).

quote:
With Audie's first starring role, he plays a juvenile delinquent. This film bridges a chronological and cinematic theme between the release of Boys Town and a more realistic look at dysfunctional youths of the 1950s. Danny Lester (Audie) is definitely a young man somewhat out of control. There seems to be no reason for his violent behavior until it is discovered his step-father blames him for his mother's death. In the end, Danny is found to be innocent of a crime he thinks he committed, killing his mother. He is exonerated of the charges and winds up being an engineering student at Texas A&M.

Matthew Broderick plays an A&M cadet (that flunks out toward the beginning of the movie)in 1918 (1985).

quote:
Brother (Matthew Broderick), Elizabeth's 17-year-old brother, has flunked out of Texas A & M and and is a major worry to his parents. He lazes around Harrison, gambles away money he doesn't have, dreams of enlisting but spends most of his time at the Harrison movie theater, watching things like ''Johanna Enlists,'' with Mary Pickford, and perhaps ''The Hun Within'' and ''Lafayette, We Come.''

edited to add sections of the movie reviews

[This message has been edited by Rugbyman93 (edited 4/28/2004 1:26a).]
Speedbird087
AG
Aggie99
AG
Courage Under Fire....?? Werent a bunch of Cadets in that one?

quote:
the one in Varsity Blues is some black running black complaining about Tech or A&M never giving him a call (mainly due to the coach but it doesn't help).

No, he was pissed that his coach wouldnt pick up the phone and call Texas Tech or A&M for him. But he wasnt mad at the school.
rob2003
speedbird - i believe that was an nfl game they were talking about. i thought i heard it too. i just saw it the other day. it was scene with johnnie sack and ralphie.

EDIT: The radio makes a reference to Randy Moss then says "Everyone in Texas remembers Turkey Day two years ago." 11/26/98 Vikings beat Dallas 46-36 in Dallas.

[This message has been edited by rob2003 (edited 4/28/2004 8:39a).]
mts6175
AG
Varsity Blues--Agg99 hit it on the head.

[This message has been edited by mts6175 (edited 4/28/2004 7:20a).]
McJulie-O
AG
Good for you EVA3! I was just scanning to make sure the "What's Up, Doc?" reference was included. Barbra Streisand's character has attended, and left, countless schools and studied countless majors. In listing them, she includes "Architecture.....at Texas A&M".
WillD
AG
I was going to mention What's up Doc too but I think she actually says Marine Biology degree from Texas A&M-Galveston.
Astro Jetson
You're right about him being mad at the coach for not calling. I thought he had been mad at the coach for not getting his name out and saying he would never hear from A&M or Tech. Either way, not a happy reference. Neither is the one about Broderick being a cadet that failed out of school.
Olag00
AG
On a recent King of the Hill show, I believe it was either bobby and one of his friends that had on an A&M shirt or some other characters at a barbeque they had
Big04
AG
snoop dogg is wearing A&M clothes in one of his videos
stevopike
AG
intolerable cruelty - billy bob says he went to texas a&m
An89Ag
Did anyone mention Biff hearing tha A&M Rice score in Back to the Future II??
Worm01
AG
Loose reference.

The Simpson's episode where Homer went back to college at Springfield University. The big rival at the homecoming game was Springfield A&M. AKA the "cow college".
Sportsfreak
i have yet to see snoop in an aTm outfit, but i have seen master p wearing one; while at the same time his son was wearing a t-sip outfit.

couple more sightings:

northern exposure - janine turner had an aTm sweatshirt on in one episode

nat'l lampoons euro vacation - during the credits when the postcards are being shown, one is of a barn painted maroon with the block aTm on the roof.
matthopp
AG
I remember hearing that Toy Story and similar movies had a lot of Aggie symbolism in it b/c Aggies are very prominent in the viz labs industry.
patch
apparently TCU beat Texas according to the radio DJ in Back to the Future.

wasnt that 1955?

someone look that up...
kraut
AG
Isn't it an outback steakhouse commercial where they run on the field with a bloomin onion to revive a knocked out player? There's a guy with an ATM hat on.

Also some coca cola commercial with michael vick - the commercial shows pics of kyle field.
BohunkAg
AG
What about the most embarrassing mention of A&M...in the Best Little Wh-rehouse in Texas movie! When the football players are all dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City f-ggots in the locker room!

(edit: apparently w-h-o-r-e is not allowed)

[This message has been edited by BohunkAg (edited 4/28/2004 9:06a).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.