Movies that Mention Texas A&M

33,188 Views | 170 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Admiral_ZAX
pencil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Di Kid n Play have an aggie hat?
bigjag19
AG
As per the Simpsons, Hullabalooza is not a reference in any way to A&M. Hullabaloo is not a word we made up or own in any way.
dw72008
AG
friday night lights they mention kyle field
Mameluke
AG
i think in FNL they just mention college station
rhoswen
AG
Man of the House (with Tommy Lee Jones and Cedric the Entertainer).

Also, in the short-lived FX tv series "Over There" A&M as mentioned as the school this kid wants to go to and be a walkon after serving his 4 years.
G Martin 87
AG
quote:
I'm not going to bet money on this, but in WHAT'S UP, DOC? I think Barbra Streisand says she went to Texas A & M to study veterinary medicine. She's telling Ryan O'Neal about the dozens of different academic programs she's started but never finished in her life. Whatever the major was, it sure got a reaction out of the audience when she said it!
This is correct. Streisand's character recites a long list of degrees that she pursued, including veterinary medicine at Texas A&M. The common thread for all the universities in her list is that each university was best known at that time for its excellence in the degree she pursued.

[This message has been edited by G Martin 87 (edited 11/29/2005 10:26p).]
DallasAg1999
Some dude in a Sublime music video was wearing an A&M sweatshirt.
aggieram
In an episode of Northern Exposure, Janine Turner's character wore an A&M sweatshirt.
Aston04
AG
quote:
I know this isn't a movie, but in some commercial (I can't remember the product), a football player is knocked out and the trainers bring food out to him and when he wakes up, they show two guys in the stands and one is wearing an ATM hat. JFYI

It was an Outback Steakhouse ad with John Madden talking...
AgNM
AG
"Waltz Across Texas" was a fairly entertaining movie about the oil business. Made in the early '80s, it was supposed to take place around Midland and I believe was actually filmed there. In it one of the characters says his pop is feeling pretty good because last year the sips actually "managed to beat the Aggies."

Another one that you can only find with an obscure-o-meter is "Where the Boys Are '84". Some chick on spring break in Florida says she's from Texas A&M, whereupon one of the main characters says something like, "she must mean Texas S&M". Madcap fun.
Lance Uppercut
AG
There was an old article in "The Onion", the fake newspaper, about Jesus coming back to play basketball and he played for Texas A&M.

Also, the player Conan drafted during the NBA draft on Late Night was a Center from Texas A&M.
deloren000
rob2003 said:

Out of curiousity... in which part of Back to the Future II do they mention Texas A&M?
It is the part where Biff is listening to the college sports station and reading the almanac, Marty can overhear the games and it mentions TAMU vs. Rice of a score of 20-10
histag10
AG
Odd bump. Reading old threads to pick a name on here?
Shakes the Clown
HOLDEN, M. D. said:

Its good to know TexAgs is still coming up with fresh, new, cutting-edge threads.

Posted 14 years ago.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Since it aired after the last pre-bump date on this thread:

RyanAg08
AG
Young Sheldon has a few mentions.

RyanAg08
AG
Bruce Almighty
AG
Username checks out
TyHolden
AG
Compton
TxFig
AG
BEST SCENE EVER!!!

--
Chris Barnes
Retired A&M IT geek - now beekeeper
http://www.cornerstonehoneybees.com/
navagwarfare
In Hell or High Water Chris Pine Said his son wants to play quarterback for A&M. Shame no one mentioned it…

Also, in Captain America the First Avenger they're singing familiar tones in the bar. Probably not anything directly related to A&M but sounds close.
Drawkcab
TXAg04 said:

When Biff has the almanac, they give the score of the A&M-Rice game in '55.

And it's wrong.
Drawkcab
Mameluke said:

i think in FNL they just mention college station

On the TV series Smash Williams goes on to play for A&M and they show him making a play on the TV in Buddy's bar.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
In the movie "We've Never Been Licked," there's a scene where Robert Mitchum briefly pauses in front of the restroom on the 2nd floor of the Academic building and then keeps walking.
ME92
AG
I can't remember the name of the book but I read a book back between 1996 and 2000 that referenced Texas A&M. It was about some cloak and dagger stuff in DC in the time of George H.W. Bush. Total fiction obviously.

One the main characters was doing something a bit underhanded but for the 'correct' reasons. She popped up on the FBI's radar while doing those things and the Powers That Be at the FBI called her in for an interview with a lie detector person.

The interview with the lie detector person was described in detail. It was specifically mentioned that the lie detector person was a female AND a cheer leader at Texas A&M. It was such a specific mention of an obvious error that it totally destroyed my ability to suspend belief for the rest of the book.

A cheer leader at Texas A&M...Seriously?!?
saw em off
Unplanned
Come Out Roll
AG
What's Up Doc….
Barbara Streisand character "studied vet medicine at Texas A&M University."
eric76
AG
In the tv show Too Close for Comfort years ago in which the father of a family often wore a different sweater from a major university each episode that were sent in by fans. I remember reading that he wore an Aggie sweater one week. I didn't actually see it to confirm it, though.
Ogre09
AG
In Back to the Future: Part 2, Biff(1955) is listening to the radio to see if the sports almanac is for real when the radio mentions A&M winning a game.
Gateman
AG
Ogre09 said:

In Back to the Future: Part 2, Biff(1955) is listening to the radio to see if the sports almanac is for real when the radio mentions A&M winning a game.
That explains the "any similarity to actual events is purely coincidental" disclaimer at the end of the credits.
Potcake
AG
John Savage wears an A&M cap in a scene in Salvador.
Admiral_ZAX
AG
"What's Up Doc"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.