Movies that Mention Texas A&M

33,311 Views | 170 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Admiral_ZAX
Speedbird087
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
zipag94
AG
I believe the "no name towns like College Station" in "My Best Friends Wedding" was spoken by Julia Roberts who was at one time married to Lyle Lovett who went to A&M. I think she threw that line in the script to get a dig.
chick79
AG
I can't remember the name of the movie, but it was one of Chuck Norris' karate flicks. The kid who played the lead who Norris was teaching wore an A&M sweatshirt.....
Daveintx
another king of the hill moment is when hank takes his mom and her friends to the miniature museum during spring break and he meets those 2 college guys, one in a sip shirt and the other in an A&M shirt
Olag00
AG
Can't forget "Sidelines" on ESPN
LawAggie99
When do they mention A&M in Dancer, Texas Pop. 81?

I don't recall any mention of A&M.

You know me, gotta roam. Gotta bird-dog. Gotta cross females and fences, and if you'd all just come along you'd see...
555-PINF
Tommy Lee Jones is wearing an A&M cap while working outside the house in a scene in Coal Miner's Daughter. At least I think it was CMD....
flaggie
I don't think that A&M is mentioned by name...

In "Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo" (1943 film about the Doolittle Raid, 18 April 1942), Robert Mitchum portrays Robert M. Gray '41, of Kileen. He was pilot of Plane #3, "Whiskey Pete". Robert Gray Army Airfield at Fort Hood is named for him.

Plane No. 40-2270

Crew from 95th Sqdn. 17th Gr.
P Lt. Robert Gray
CP Lt. Jack E. Manch
N Lt. Charles J. Ozuk
B Sgt. Aden E. Jones
G Cpl. Leland D. Faktor (deceased)
Takeoff No. 3 landed in the mountains near and southeast of Chuchow. Bailed out at 6200 feet.

Airplane No. AC 40-2270 -- Took off at 8:30 a.m. ship time
Pilot Lt. Robert M. Gray 0-403862
Co-pilot Lt. Jacob E. Manch 0-389941
Navigator Lt. Chas. J. Ozuk 0-419618
Bombardier Sgt. A.E. Jones 6580258
Engineer-Gunner Cpl. Leland D. Faktor 17003211
Proceeded to Tokyo. Bombed steel works, Gas Company and chemical works with demolition bombs and a factory district with incendiary bombs. Proceeded to China bailing out at 6200 feet in the mountains near and Southeast of Chuchow. Lt. Gray, Lt. Mach and Sgt. Jones were uninjured. Lt. Ozuk suffered a severe cut on his leg due to landing on a sharp rock. Corporal L.D. Faktor was found dead. The case of Corp. Faktor's death was unknown as his parachute apparently functioned properly. It is suspected that he landed on extremely rough terrain and was killed in the secondary fall. A detailed report prepared by Lt. Gray is attached hereto.

Gray was killed in action later in 1942, while flying in the India-Burma-China area.

So, Robert Mitchum portrays an Aggie in two films.

One Southwest Conference band director of the (Adams) era reportedly said "I dread going against the Aggie Band...It takes two weeks to recover from the trauma."

Essayons,

Flaggie
FTAB '69

[This message has been edited by flaggie (edited 4/28/2004 10:51a).]

[This message has been edited by flaggie (edited 4/28/2004 11:45a).]
Whoop05
AG
quote:
When the football players are all dancing around...

...and a-whoop it up toniiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

...BETTER THAN A FOOTBALL GAME?!

A-A-A WHOOP
flaggie
There was also an episode of "JAG" a few years back, where a "gung-ho" Navy aviator (grad of A&M) was on trial for disregarding the rules of engagement by firing on a suspected insurgent truck convoy in the Balkans (were allies). Was exonerated, but canned by his CO.

One Southwest Conference band director of the (Adams) era reportedly said "I dread going against the Aggie Band...It takes two weeks to recover from the trauma."

Essayons,

Flaggie
FTAB '69
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
For those of you interested.

http://aggieathletics.com/sports/football/history/years/1955.html

Doc Brown came up with the flux capacitor on Nov 5, 1955, this is the same day Marty goes to the past. Then Marty is supposed to spend one week in the past( next Saturday night we are sending you Back to the Future). This is the same night Biff is listening to the radio in the car in Part II. So the date is Nov. 12, 1955. According to the link above A&M beat Rice 20-12. And I believe that is the score that is stated on the movie but I will check.
Worm01
AG
A&M is mentioned in Back to Future II? COOL.
bqce
AG
I'm thinking one of the Back to the Future movies, but I can't remember which one. Am I losing my mind here?
elbow
AG
Weren't Nick and Jessica watching the game during Thanksgiving? He was sitting outside, she walked out and he asked, "Who's winning?" She kinda ducked her head and said, "Texas". He just looked at her for a bit, turned back to stare into space and replied, "Oh."

I don't know if it was bc he was pissed that he was canned for the commercial he shot, or what.
Redstone
AG
in one of the back to the futures, they say the score of an a&m game over the radio.
zach2b
AG
I think on that Newlyweds episode they were talking about the Cowboy game
PatriotAg02
AG
No, it is in reference to the A&M-t.u. game.
Jock 97
quote:
I can't remember the name of the movie, but it was one of Chuck Norris' karate flicks. The kid who played the lead who Norris was teaching wore an A&M sweatshirt.....

SIDEKICKS

Also in addition to the RB in Varsity Blues mentioning Texas, at the pep-rally the band is playing a speeded up version of the Aggie War Hymn.

The Simpsons has had several references to both Texas A&M and tu. The had a rock concert in Springfield was called Hullabalooza and Bart had an action figure that looked like a Corps guy with senior boots.

I've seen Texas A&M sweatshirts worn on Cheers, The Cosby Show, and Empty Nest.

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/iraq/forces/casualties/
denied
In an epsiode of the West Wing, Martin Sheen is holding a mug from the Bush library. I thought that one was cool when I spotted it. I was also suprised I noticed a detail so minute.
Guardian Angel
AG
Texas A&M sweatshirt in the Sublime video.

cret to the mention of the Joe Francis production.
CBattBQ87
AG
Midway

Ensign George Gay, who was shot down and while floating in the ocean, witnessed the destruction of the Japanese Fleet is an Ag.

Sweet. The 87th response on this thread.

[This message has been edited by CBattBQ87 (edited 4/28/2004 1:37p).]
Jock 97
Jim Garrison, the New Orleans District Attorney that attempted to reopen the investigation on JFK’s assassination was an Aggie (as was one of his lead counselors). In Oliver Stone’s ‘JFK’ Jim Garrison is played by Kevin Costner and both he and his Aggie legal counterpart both wear Aggie rings in the movie.

There have also been a lot of Aggies on reality television shows within the past year (Road Rules, The Bachelorette, The Apprentice, etc.)
APHIS AG
The Back to the Future II score of the A&M-Rice game was Ags 16, Rice 13.
EVA3
AG
In response to Jock 97's observation on the War Hymn in "Varsity Blues:"

One of the schools the filmmakers studied before making the movie was Sealy High School. The Sealy fight song is a speeded up version of the War Hymn.

[This message has been edited by EVA3 (edited 4/28/2004 1:51p).]
elbow
AG
How about The Ramones' album cover (can't remember which album).

I thought this was only about movies, though.
Mameluke
AG
in the king of the hill where hank goes to port aransas on spring break, he talks to two kids, one wearing an A&M tshirt and one wearing a tu tshirt
EVA3
AG
Isn't Jimmy Buffett wearing a Texas A&M jersey in the video from "Who's the Blonde Stranger?"
EVA3
AG
OlAg00: I was trying to forget "Sidelines."
rjhtamu
AG
That Johnathan Brandis guy from the Sidekicks movie above is dead now. Committed suicide last year.... carry on.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
ttt for agthatsagirl
ro828
I'm not going to bet money on this, but in WHAT'S UP, DOC? I think Barbra Streisand says she went to Texas A & M to study veterinary medicine. She's telling Ryan O'Neal about the dozens of different academic programs she's started but never finished in her life. Whatever the major was, it sure got a reaction out of the audience when she said it!
Shake
In the first episode of "Over There" one of the characters talks about how he was offered a partial football scholarship to Texas A&M but declined it because his family couldn't pay the rest of tuition...so he enlisted in the Army with hopes of going back to A&M after his time was done...because he heard that A&M "let's walk-ons play on the kick off team"

Crocker Cocks 2007
Lutefisk
Return of the Jedi.
AggieChemist
AG
No, dude, that was Tatooine A&M
Cheer
AG
There is a saw 'em off in Troy, where the thousand ships are launched from Greece. The A&M viz lab did the computer graphics for Troy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.