Diablo IV

88,079 Views | 1165 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by txag2k
ConfidentAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The level scaling is the biggest thing for me. I just can't get over it.
WGann3
AG
It was an interesting design choice for sure. I don't have an official take on it yet, thought it would bother me more than it has.
MediAg13
AG
I actually liked the level scaling initially because me and my buddies at all different levels could run dungeons together. For the single player experience it's less fun. Too bad they can't only make it scale when you're in a party.
ConfidentAg
AG
Yeah. I would love an offline mode where there is no level-scaling.
txag2k
AG
Wonder what all will be covered in the livestream @ like 1 CST. I'm sure seasons, new items, item storage search?, mechanic changes, ONE MORE STASH TAB with season. Maaaybe new world tier and paragons?

Any other ideas or REQUESTS?
flintdragon
AG
I don't see a big deal with level scaling. Some other games are more annoying when they implement it. In the early game, nothing is really all that tough and if the campaign gets harder at the end, just go explore around. If you are truly having a lot of difficulties, maybe take a look at your build?

For the mid/end game, leveling is mostly done in the NM dungeons and you can select the difficulty of those.
txag2k
AG
Bingo board from Quin69 for livestream

txag2k
AG
D4 Dev Livestream
Madmarttigan
AG
Highlights -

Renown from areas on map and altars transfers over but you gotta login on your character with all the unlocks first after 7/18 patch.

There is a season journey.

New season mechanic malignant which is like a legendary gem system, drops from harder malignant elites.

Huge patch on 7/18 before 7/20 start time. New aspects and new uniques.

No inventory management fixes yet. No new classes even hinted at yet.
Formerly tv1113
AtlAg05
AG
Cromagnum
AG
So for Barb or Sorc that have no unique helmets, this apparently is causing Shako to drop from helltide helmet chests for them. Pretty sure the other 3 classes are boned.
Cromagnum
AG
Cromagnum said:

So for Barb or Sorc that have no unique helmets, this apparently is causing Shako to drop from helltide helmet chests for them. Pretty sure the other 3 classes are boned.

Yep. That's exactly what happened. Blizzard already turned off the 6 Uber unique for a hot fix tomorrow. I wonder if everyone that snagged these will get to keep them or if blizzard will remove them or do a rollback.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d4/t/uber-unique-drops-temporarily-disabled-in-game/77799

Blizzard confirmed 142 shakos dropped to this exploit, but they are letting everyone keep them. The player base is fuming mad.
AtlAg05
AG
Apparently only 142 got the unique items from the helltide bug and they get to keep it.

Even with a big that still seems like a low number.
txag2k
AG
I'm hard pressed to believe that low of a number as much as ppl were talking about it.
Madmarttigan
AG
All it takes is 2 Reddit posts and suddenly it's raining shakos for everyone and the world is ending

Also considering it probably only drops for level 80-90+ characters and 90% of people with those characters don't ply anymore and it was just barbs/sorcs, it makes sense.

I will play season one but I think it would be better to wait until season 3 or 4 when they actually have stuff fixed and make end game better.

Chances are this game won't get good on the end game front for another year.
Formerly tv1113
flintdragon
AG
My necro got to WT4 at L63. Worked on renowns and completed all regions. Now L70 but I still only have a couple of ancestral pieces. Starting to burn out due to lack of equipment upgrading. Ran several helltides claiming the mystery chests but not really anything dropping for me. I guess I've reached the end game and it's just grinding from here on out!
htownag08
AG
Ok - a bit lost as to next steps now. I am level 49 and just beat the campaign on T1. I can't really find a clear answer on next steps - any guidance? Sorry first time with a Diablo game so still trying to figure things out!
zip04
AG
htownag08 said:

Ok - a bit lost as to next steps now. I am level 49 and just beat the campaign on T1. I can't really find a clear answer on next steps - any guidance? Sorry first time with a Diablo game so still trying to figure things out!

When you look at the map, hit W (if on mouse and keyboard). You will see the 5 regions with 5 rewards each for renown. I would start working on that since it will carry over to the seasons.

My personal recommendation, go to map genie and filter the map to just alters of Lilith. Focus one region at a time and get every alter of Lilith. Doing this will uncover most of the map and will take you to every stronghold (beat those as you come across them). That, plus all of the way points, will get you to level 3 renown on every region. After that hit side quests and dungeons to finish renown.

I am on World Tier 4, and would recommend you stay on WT2 or even 1 to make this process as fast as possible. Moving up World Tiers is fun and will help level up your character and their equipment, but won't help with anything that carries over to the seasons.
htownag08
AG
This is great - thanks!
Forum Troll
AG
Also finished the campaign today at level 42. Tried the capstone cathedral dungeon for wt3 at level 44. A bit too difficult with the affixes on the knights. Guess I should go through and get all the altars and map as described above.
Fuzzbutt
AG
Yeah I just finished the campaign tonight. I'm going to run through to get more rewards from renown as I glossed over most of it.
Cromagnum
AG
I had been using the poison imbued penshot rogue build from icy veins until today. Lots of damage but too much downtime.

I swapped to this dudes version of it that gives up smoke grenades in favor of double imbue with poison/shadow and I am blowing **** the eff up now. The only difference for me is I do not have the penitent greaves yet, so I slapped on the aspect that has a 50% chance to daze vulnerable enemies that take damage (I have a lot of + dmg to dazed). I'm level 89 and this still slaps hard. Once I can get up to 94-95 and gain access to my last glyph it's gonna be ridiculous.

I may swap in a couple skills to pickup siphoning shot for some life leach though.

Forum Troll
AG
It took me 45 levels to realize there is an emote for "leave dungeon".
bbattbq01
AG
Forum Troll said:

It took me 45 levels to realize there is an emote for "leave dungeon".

Yeah, don't understand why that is so hidden. It should pop up automatically after you finish one.
Cappo
FatZilla
AG
It does on your first one if tips are enabled. But like most i kept hitting escape and only bearly saw it.
jr15aggie
AG
Looking likely that the MS acquisition of Activision/Blizzard will happen. Hope to enjoy this via Gamepass at some point in the future.
htownag08
AG
This is super interesting build - I am definitely going to have to try this one.

Right now i'm running his triple imbune barrage build and it's a ton of fun.

Forum Troll
AG
What's everyone's current class and what are you running for season 1? Been druid so far, can't decide yet for season 1.
zip04
AG
I'm running the build in the video cromagnum posted, but I removed shadow step and added the death trap. I'm really enjoying it.

Troll: Level 70 Rogue; Level 50 Necro. Running Sorc for S1.
Cromagnum
AG
This dude made a PVP thorns barb and is just standing outside of town to gank people by doing nothing. I love the name. Lmao

Cromagnum
AG
zip04 said:

I'm running the build in the video cromagnum posted, but I removed shadow step and added the death trap. I'm really enjoying it.

Troll: Level 70 Rogue; Level 50 Necro. Running Sorc for S1.

I'm running it but changed trap mastery to siphoning strikes. I may take off the armor aspect on hit and put temerity legs back on and see how that compares. I feel like I'm chugging potions at times so extra healing would be nice. Damage is off the charts though.

I don't have penitent greaves so running the aspect on my boots that dazes vulnerable enemies when you hit them. Mostly because I have 100% or more dmg to dazed on other gear from my previous build.
FatZilla
AG
jr15aggie said:

Looking likely that the MS acquisition of Activision/Blizzard will happen. Hope to enjoy this via Gamepass at some point in the future.

Your SOL
https://www.pcgamesn.com/diablo-4/no-game-pass-release
AgDev01
AG
I would bet that D2R and D3 immediately go to Game Pass and D4 will be announced for Game Pass either next summer or so depending on expansion timing.

No reason to put it on now while but it will be a big addition when it does and fits perfectly into that model.
bbattbq01
AG
Forum Troll said:

What's everyone's current class and what are you running for season 1? Been druid so far, can't decide yet for season 1.

I'm pulverize Druid. Thinking I may start that in season 1 because it's awesome. Buuuut, final decision may wait until see what new powers and gems will do.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.