Diablo IV

88,071 Views | 1165 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by txag2k
WGann3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Artorias said:

Haven't played in a while. Seeing alot of talk online about the newest update being really bad and making the game worse. Any truth to this or just overreaction?
It's both. It's made the game worse, but is also a massive overreaction. I'm still enjoying the hell out of Season 1.
Cromagnum
AG
I don't know why you would pick anything other than the xp one, but for damned sure don't pick the gold one. Monkey's paw.

https://www.wowhead.com/diablo-4/news/urn-of-bargaining-season-blessing-also-increases-vendor-service-costs-334307
WGann3
AG
Cromagnum said:

I don't know why you would pick anything other than the xp one, but for damned sure don't pick the gold one. Monkey's paw.

https://www.wowhead.com/diablo-4/news/urn-of-bargaining-season-blessing-also-increases-vendor-service-costs-334307
Haha you've got to be kidding me.

Looks like we'll figure out what they're going to reverse tomorrow.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-gb/diablo4/23987007/tune-in-to-the-patch-1-1-1-campfire-chat
Cromagnum
AG
They already fixed it, but apparently you could finish season journey things like getting 10 tree of Whispers caches by just getting one, and dropping it / picking it up 10x. LOL. Blizzard really underestimates how creative players can be when it comes to shortcuts.
Forum Troll
AG
Cromagnum said:

They already fixed it, but apparently you could finish season journey things like getting 10 tree of Whispers caches by just getting one, and dropping it / picking it up 10x. LOL. Blizzard really underestimates how creative players can be when it comes to shortcuts.

I did this. Not terribly necessary though since there are other objectives to complete the chapter.
txag2k
AG
Plutonium mentioned this like on day 1
FatZilla
AG
Forum Troll said:

Cromagnum said:

I did this. Not terribly necessary though since there are other objectives to complete the chapter.

Same here lol read that on day 1 and immediately did it.
Cromagnum
AG
Apparently (also already fixed) you could use your ash of bargaining to sell uniques to vendors for top dollar, take the ash off to buy them back cheaper, put the ash back on and resell. Until you get infinite gold.
Hagen95
AG
Sounds like it is esports ready.
txag2k
AG
Cromagnum said:

Apparently (also already fixed) you could use your ash of bargaining to sell uniques to vendors for top dollar, take the ash off to buy them back cheaper, put the ash back on and resell. Until you get infinite gold.

I miss all the good stuff lol
Cromagnum
AG
Servers are completely ****ed right now. Every fix makes this worse.
BradenMeador
AG
Cromagnum said:

Servers are completely ****ed right now. Every fix makes this worse.

Hop on that campfire chat today and give them hell lol
txag2k
AG

Oculus dropped but total arse stats. Not looking great overall in fact. lol
WGann3
AG
Stealing this from Reddit and posting here for convenience, text only. I'll include a link to the summary where some screenshots of class skill changes are included in easy to look at images.

Campfire Summary From Reddit

Quote:

Main Points
During this Fireside chat they talked about a variety of things, main points being Barbarian and Sorcerer buffs, density buffs, and also some other buffs for other classes and unique items.

Release of Patch Notes
August 2nd, 2023

Patch Date
August 8th, 2023

Overall Changes
  • They're trying to buff all classes, specifically looking at less used skills/builds
  • They want to make uniques more attractive, but not too strong, they specifically said they don't plan on making all the affixes BiS, but they do plan on switching some of them.
  • They want to make Aspects work in more general settings, ex: Chain Lightning damage increase passive working on ANY bounce instead of when it only bounces on you
  • Longer Term: Bring different types of damage more inline with each other, i.e right now critical damage and vulnerability are obviously the most OP damage multipliers, they want to bring other damage types more inline with this
  • Add scaling to effects that spawn skills, something like dust devils for Barbarians, they want this type of Aspect to scale better in the late game and actually be viable.
  • They mentioned nothing is final right now but everything they showed is their goal, they're currently testing and tweaking the numbers.
  • Minions buff planned in the future, they added some damage reduction for Patch 1.1.1
  • Monster density increase in Helltides and NMDs
Before and After density buff in Patch 1.1.1
  • Density is something they said they're going to constantly work on, one worry they have is that the density increase can cause issues with performance and that's something they're paying close attention to.
  • Buffs to Dungeon boss drops, starting from Level 35 you'll be guaranteed a legendary drop. Same idea with treasure goblins starting at Level 15 to make them feel more rewarding, one fact that was brought up was currently treasure goblins currently have a 50% chance to do this but the coinflip doesn't feel good so they're changing it.
  • Respec cost reduction, extra stash tab, and elixirs stacking to 99 all coming too as a reminder.
  • NMD dungeon affixes: they are removing resource burn, cold enchant, and backstabber for now and looking more closely into what feels good.

Q&A Answers
  • EXP LATEGAME: Density is the current buff for this, they're going to be looking at how that affects leveling closely and then fine tuning in the future
  • CROWD CONTROL: Want to make changes to CC but not in patch 1.1.1, they realize that slowing down gameplay made this feel worse and they're currently looking at it
  • Resistances: Want to make it feel good, but they're currently trying to find a balance, they don't want to make it so that stacking fire resist against a fire boss makes you invulnerable, but at the same time they also don't want one type of mitigation to be OP, and yes, they do realize that resistances are weak.
  • Mounts: They want mounts to feel better, currently looking at fixing the stacking boosts on controller, and they want to fix the issue where you get stuck all the time
  • VRAM: Another VRAM fix coming for Patch 1.1.1
  • Overpower: Their goal is to make every build feel like it can scale and be viable in the late game, so they're looking at buffs to overpower, DoT, etc.
  • Current Zoom Levels: Worried about performance impact of zooming out since you'll have to draw more things on screen, they are looking at this though.
  • Customization Options: Specifically mentioned wings and pets, they said this IS something they want to add, but currently they're focusing on adding content
  • Overall Builds: They want to buff everything to give you that satisfying late game power fantasy, if it's a stat you can spec into, they want you to be able to use is in a build that is viable.

Cromagnum
AG
Had to bounce early Pluto, sorry.

If you want mindless farming with insane mob density, go outside Sarat's Lair and run loops. The spiders have insane respawn rates. Bring poison resist pots.
Ag_of_08
AG
Inwishbthey would remove the lightning storm affix( can't reefer the name, it's the stupid symbol that follows you around and 1 shots you if you don't get in "the bubble"
Ag_of_08
AG
WGann3 said:

Artorias said:

Haven't played in a while. Seeing alot of talk online about the newest update being really bad and making the game worse. Any truth to this or just overreaction?
It's both. It's made the game worse, but is also a massive overreaction. I'm still enjoying the hell out of Season 1.

The update within the season was not good, but is liveable. It pretty much merc'd the eternal realm...
txag2k
AG
Ag_of_08 said:

Inwishbthey would remove the lightning storm affix( can't reefer the name, it's the stupid symbol that follows you around and 1 shots you if you don't get in "the bubble"
Lightning Storm sucks! Also vampiric, resource drain, drifting shadow, etc.
Madmarttigan
AG
Lightning storm slows down but not as bad as the wrath one. So big and so annoying.
Formerly tv1113
Cromagnum
AG
2K loves these events.

Azariah
AG
I am not nearly as high level as you guys, so I was hoping for some advice. I started a Sorcerer in the Seasonal content, and, since people I know have been fire and cold-based, I chose to do the lightning skills. Compared to what I've seen out of other sorcerers it just kinda sucks. Am I missing something?
bbattbq01
AG
Lightning being buffed in the patch I think, not sure it will be good…. But should be better next week.
Cromagnum
AG
I see I'm not the only one who ran into this. Sometimes you have to fight The Butcher and Sarat at the same time.

zip04
AG
Are you using a guide to spec, or are you just doing your own thing? I've found d4builds to be good starting points and then I customize things as I see fit.

https://d4builds.gg/
I Like Mike
AG
This is where I click LEAVE DUNGEON
txag2k
AG
Cromagnum said:

2K loves these events.

Dam these are so good
Azariah
AG
zip04 said:

Are you using a guide to spec, or are you just doing your own thing? I've found d4builds to be good starting points and then I customize things as I see fit.

https://d4builds.gg/
I'm doing my own thing. I prefer to stay away from power gaming and following guides if I can. That's why I asked some people instead of hunting down Internet knowledge.

Hearing that it's getting buffed must mean that I'm not all that wrong on how good lightning is. That's pushing me towards respeccing as a fire mage.
txag2k
AG
I'm totally thinking fireball related build after patch. I'm doing something no build guide would recommend.. run all the uniques Drop? Equip it! Running Blizz Sorc wearing Rainment (not a single drop till 76), Frosty's, Oculus, and now Iceheart Brais lol
Cromagnum
AG
I LMAO when he coughed up the chest and the **** came out of it.
FatZilla
AG
Created 5 random invokers, got 1 wrathful last night lol lady luck was on my side.
cmk10
AG
I sent a message on Discord, but since i went up in difficulty (dungeon to level 3 - im level 51) i am getting dominated most of the time when i try to do much of anything…
BowSowy
AG
I just went up to WT3 at level 46 and felt the same thing. I'm planning to spend some time doing tree of whispers stuff to start getting more sacred gear before really hitting dungeons again.
DallasTeleAg
Always upgrade your weapon, first. Going to WT3, get a sacred. To WT4, get an ancestral. That is the biggest buff you can giver yourself.
FatZilla
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Always upgrade your weapon, first. Going to WT3, get a sacred. To WT4, get an ancestral. That is the biggest buff you can giver yourself.

Yep, i got extremely lucky and got a 800 level ancestral weapon at 62 while running something in tier 4. Was like an 800 weapon dmg increase over my sacred.

92Ag95
AG
txag2k said:

Cromagnum said:

I miss all the good stuff lol
don't feel bad...i do too

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.