Diablo IV

88,066 Views | 1165 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by txag2k
bbattbq01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've started playing poe when they released the new season and then starfield. I may play some later in the season to finish getting 100.
WGann3
AG
It's dead for now. Game is fun at its core and I really liked the campaign. But the itemization is plain bad and the end game gets stale fast. It needs a lot of work but hopefully in a couple of seasons it'll be where it needs to be.
Madmarttigan
AG
I really said I was going to get to 100 but I just don't care. I do agree that the core of the game is very solid but the content is horrifically generic and boring. Add in Starfield and BG3 and why would anyone play this right now.

For a modern ARPG with decades of experience to draw on it just really **** the bed on end game content and itemization. It's really disappointing that this is the content out so far and they are already talking about charging for yearly expansions. In my eyes they still haven't even come close to finishing the base game before charging money again.

Also for a modern game they have made the multiplayer/grouping less accessible and less fun than Diablo 2 that was 25 years ago.
Cromagnum
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Is no one playing? I keep messaging people and have seen no one online in 4 days???

Already got my season too to 100 and an alt to 70 something. Switched gears to FFXVI for now.
Hagen95
AG
Finished season and hit 100. My alt is hard-core or I would join you. If I see you on, I'll join in!
Hagen95
AG
Did you see a new Grim Dawn expansion is coming?
Madmarttigan
AG
I'm a little curious to try last epoch again, played it when it was really really early release a long while ago
WGann3
AG
This and Titan Quest 2 have me super excited. I've followed Last Epoch forever but have held out on trying it until full release. Definitely going to pick it up when it officially launches, hopefully they'll keep their word on by end of year.
texsn95
AG
Madmarttigan said:

I want to complete the season but damn I don't feel like getting to 100.
I'm at 57 and not sure I can even finish the campaign. It's becoming too much of a grind. May just move on to Starfield or Baldur's Gate 3.
ChoppinDs40
AG
You haven't finished the campaign? Do that first. One of the best I think… then it's just like "ok here you are, go grind dungeons in hopes of getting a new piece of loot every few days"
ConfidentAg
AG
texsn95 said:

Madmarttigan said:

I'm at 57 and not sure I can even finish the campaign. It's becoming too much of a grind. May just move on to Starfield or Baldur's Gate 3.

I couldn't finish the campaign. It just wasn't any fun
docaggie
AG
I finished the campaign, got my first season character to about 65.

Then I switched to Baldur's Gate 3 a couple of weeks ago when it went live.
Enjoying the heck out of it. Both of my high school boys are playing it also and loving it.
My 11th grader comes and chats with me about character builds and the nutty things he's done with his character in scenarios.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BradenMeador
AG
ConfidentAg said:

texsn95 said:

Madmarttigan said:

I couldn't finish the campaign. It just wasn't any fun

Unfortunately for me the campaign was the most fun part.
ConfidentAg
AG
Quit D4 and went back to D2R and made a javazon for the first time. After finishing hell I just haven't played any video games since. Maybe one day I'll buy a new Xbox and grab starfield, cyberpunk 2077, and BG3
MediAg13
AG
Loving the heck out of Starfield
ConfidentAg
AG
I'm so pissed that we won't get another elders scrolls until 20 years after Skyrim.

Just doesn't make sense to me.
ChoppinDs40
AG
I guess I'll switch back to FF16 or roll a new character. I don't really have much desire to just log on and do nightmare dungeons.

I've grinded so much (D2 and former WoW addict) and just don't see the results from doing 10 dungeons a night.

My brothers are playing Baldurs Gate 3 on PC. wish we could cross platform together
Cromagnum
AG
Thosearerookienumbers.gif
Zjones920
Anybody playing S29 on D3?
Hagen95
AG
I am a glutton for the seasonal punishment.
Zjones920
Assasinofmen#1141 if you want to play
Faustus
NM.
Zjones920
Just a terrible speller. That is all.
txag2k
AG
Civen
AG
Season 1 done:
Level 100
NMD 100
Uber Lilith Solo
All season quests/battlepass

I enjoyed my druid this season, now taking a break until season 2. I'm interested to see if there are any major nerfs/buffs to help decide what class I'll play next. If barb/sorc don't get some help... it'll be between necro and rogue.
WGann3
AG
I just completely burned out at level 83 in S1. Coincidentally that's where I got my pre-season character level wise. There's just not enough reward to the end game activities to keep me going. I think I've finally come to the conclusion that the itemization is horrible. I wanted to stay open-minded about it and give it a fair shot, but it's so damn boring and an absolute whip to sort through your inventory after every NM dungeon run looking for the perfect set of stats on a rare to imprint.

I'm one of those psychos who to this day can still do 50 straight Meph runs or cow runs in D2R on a given night simply because of the dopamine hit D2 items gave, and the sheer volume of useful things that can drop. And I think I hate smart loot too, gearing up alts is a huge plus to me. That's just not there for me with NM dungeons. I think if the itemization was better, the NM dungeon grind wouldn't be as stale to me as it is.
ChoppinDs40
AG
WGann3 said:

I just completely burned out at level 83 in S1. Coincidentally that's where I got my pre-season character level wise. There's just not enough reward to the end game activities to keep me going. I think I've finally come to the conclusion that the itemization is horrible. I wanted to stay open-minded about it and give it a fair shot, but it's so damn boring and an absolute whip to sort through your inventory after every NM dungeon run looking for the perfect set of stats on a rare to imprint.

I'm one of those psychos who to this day can still do 50 straight Meph runs or cow runs in D2R on a given night simply because of the dopamine hit D2 items gave, and the sheer volume of useful things that can drop. And I think I hate smart loot too, gearing up alts is a huge plus to me. That's just not there for me with NM dungeons. I think if the itemization was better, the NM dungeon grind wouldn't be as stale to me as it is.
I had completely forgot about this also. And I think that's where the fact that there's no in-game economy really makes this game kinda lame. Endgame D2 was all about farming to trade and farming to gear alts.

I remember having every perfect piece ready for my javazon and bowazon ready to go. Boom, power-leveled. So much fun.

Same with my Shaeffer's Mallet Paladin. Took forever to get that thing and the herald of zakarum.

I think the lack of Unique items, set items, etc. is what is lacking here.

As you said, you're just looking for rare items with the right stats and then picking your aspects to imprint. That's really it.

I can run 25 dungeons and do helltides all day and not really find anything better than what I've got... and I'm only lvl 59.
Madmarttigan
AG
Has interest fallen so much no one is posting all the new season 2 details?
ChoppinDs40
AG
how is it? I started on Baldurs Gate 3 but have been real busy with travel and work.
Madmarttigan
AG
I haven't looked into all the vampiric power stuff but looks like a lot of QOL improvements, exp boost, new bosses , and making Helltides/whispers worth more. It will be faster to hundred by a lot. There will be a new Uberish duriel to farm Uber uniques but to summon him I think you have to gather currency from multiple activities.

Not a ton of new content but they are fixing their idiotic level scaling and making other content better in comparison to NMD so that's not the only thing you ever do.
FatZilla
AG
Gotta wait till part 2 where they discuss itemization changes to make a decision on this season.
WGann3
AG
Lots of promising changes. I don't think it's enough to get me back in for season 2, but this gives me a lot of hope we may have a good to great game with a couple more major patches and/or an expansion.
Madmarttigan
AG
It gives me a lot of hope that season 3 will actually be the one we are all waiting for. A ton of good changes that will hopefully let them focus on itemization and content for season 3.
BowSowy
AG
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you're going to hate it
Hagen95
AG
Fixing itemization? Now you're just asking for miracles.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.