Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Fran Speaks.....

9,543 Views | 158 Replies | Last: 18 yr ago by BuckhornAg
TAMU98AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.coachfran.com/news.aspx?id=341
Dad
AG
I'm tired of hearing this guy talk down to fans.

He'd be better off not even saying anything, IMO.
Old School Wrecking Crew
AG
http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=518287&forum_id=5

It is already being discussed.
Old School Wrecking Crew
AG
http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=518287&forum_id=5

It is already being discussed.
NyAggie
AG
maybe they should spend less time micro-analyzing and more time lining our guys up to play football and hit somebody in the mouth.

you need one yard on third down, you have aback that doens't lose yards and steamrolls people. sometimes you just have to be tougher than the other guys.

[This message has been edited by NyAggie (edited 11/4/2005 1:10p).]
aggie_2001_2005
torbush is pro-choice
AgGrad99
AG
Sick of..."we've got a plan, we're analyzing what we could do differently, we spend hours preparing" etc.

I dont know what I want him to say, but if my employee told me they spent that much time on a project only to fail...it would make me less happy than if I knew it was because he didnt prepare hard enough.
JoeAG
AG
If they are spending that much time preparing and are putting that many eyes on the film. We need to explore the possibility that they are not qualified for this job. If they are doing their best and sucking this bad thats saying something. It would be more believable if they said they were at the Chicken drinking all week and hadn't gotten a chance to study film.
HaveGoodGetGive
AG
quote:
We have eight sets of eyes, including mine, five fulltime assistant coaches, a graduate assistant, and a video assistant, determining and isolating precisely what the opponent does on defense (for our offensive game plan). Six other sets of eyes do the same on their offense (for the defensive game plan).

Uh more eyes on defense buddy.
WestTexasAg
AG
Why does he need to spend a half a page telling us fans why we didn't need to run Lane on 3rd and 1? That pisses me off.
Mac94
AG
Bottom line, I guess, is that Lane ain't a "playmaker" by our staffs standards. Gotta feel for this kid this week.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." The words of Jesus; John 16:33
HaveGoodGetGive
AG
if the buck stopped at him he would sack up and answer questions like a man.
The Kingfish
AG
How is he talking down to fans?

R.I.P. Buddy D
AggieGreg06
AG
What makes yall think Lane is a "playmaker"? Just because he scored 5 TDs in the previous 2 games doesn't make him a "playmaker". Lots of guys could have done that!
cs69ag
AG
It is hard to read an email and know what the "tone" is...inherently one thing that is bad about email communication.

I really don't have a problem with the letter and the explanation, such as it is, except
wewere only down 14-7 at the half and 21-7 mid way through the third quarter...to me, you don't abandon the running game at either of those points...we did and it got worse...just kept passing and trying for big plays, etc.
Now when it got to 28-7, his explanation is more plausible. Our plan was what got us ahead
early last year, and the coaches just thought it would work again
AgGrad99
AG
I feel for CLew and Lane.

Lane should have gotten more opportunities, and from his comments wondered if he was in the dog house with the staff.

I feel for CLew because he's inadvertantly feeling the heat for being used more...and the coaches apparently keep feeling the need to defend him.

I dont think anyone wants CLew benched, but does Auburn '04 ring a bell. You can have 2 featured backs. Our OL is the best unit on our team this year (surpirisingly).....use them!

I look at this team:
Pros:
OL has been playing good
Clew and Lane

Cons:
WR's are depleted
QB has been off and on
Defense is horrible.

Why aren't we trying to run the entire game?
Old Style
quote:
Why does he need to spend a half a page telling us fans why we didn't need to run Lane on 3rd and 1? That pisses me off.

I couldn't agree more. Just admit you were wrong.

[This message has been edited by TexAgs staff (edited 11/4/2005 1:30p).]
AgKJ
AG
Hulk see lots of words in answer to why Aggies no run Lane. Hulk still confused why Aggies no run Lane. Being confused make Hulk mad.

Hulk think Fran sure likes to say he no read internet. Hulk wonder why Fran always saying he no read internet. Unless, maybe he ... read internet... afterall....

Hulk confused. Hulk SMASH!!
HaveGoodGetGive
AG
wow.
Bellards Boys
First of all, I believe everyone in the Aggie Football community is reading the internet.

Second of all, the condescending tone of FWF towards Aggie "fans" was distasteful to say the least.

I wish I would quit reading the articles every Friday. I am completely sick of his demeanor and approach to adversity.
The Kingfish
AG
I didn't find it condescending at all. Most of the complaining is people chomping at the bit for something to complain about. If I were Fran and Byrne, I would discontinue the weekly addresses.

R.I.P. Buddy D
Gilligan
AG
He needs to shut down coachfran.com until he can field a competitive football team. He doesn't have time to merchandise himself and coach!
DallasAg03
AG
what a smug *******
aggie_2001_2005
it came off a little bit condescending....not as bad as some people will make it out to be....

it would look stupid though if they just flat out stopped the weekly rubbish & chatter....

making a shorter message might be the best way to go in the coming weeks
GiveUsRoom
quote:
the condescending tone of FWF towards Aggie "fans" was distasteful to say the least
No one that reads this board should be surprised by that, we all know who does the writing.
jwr
S
Does anyone know if Fran actually writes these things, himself, or if these should REALLY be called FWM?

[This message has been edited by jwr (edited 11/4/2005 1:37p).]
The Kingfish
AG
He is so smug because he is anoyed at constantly being second guessed. Nobody here would ever act like that.

R.I.P. Buddy D
EllisCoAg
AG
what Hulk said
Mac94
AG
quote:
He is so smug because he is anoyed at constantly being second guessed. Nobody here would ever act like that.

Well, that is true to a point. But, he has chosen a job where he knew he would be second guessed. Football fans have been second guessing coaches since the beginning of the sport, and he knew that when he got in, and he's paid darned well to deal with both the good and bad side of his choice of careers.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." The words of Jesus; John 16:33
Old Style
I don't think Mike McKenzie writes FWF, but I could be wrong. I haven't seen him lately on here.

Speaking of which, somebody should tell Fran about Fran Observer. Apparently, he is not aware of FO.
quote:
Other than a few coaches who look at recruiting news, our staff does not spend time on the Internet

Outright lie.

[This message has been edited by Old Style (edited 11/4/2005 1:42p).]
ag01ag
Does anybody else feel like if we do hand it off to J-Train 25 times a game, we will win more often? And if they were to actually try it a bit more often the coaches could get more sleep and maybe then Fran wouldn't be so smug and defensive in his weekly column.
aggie_2001_2005
quote:
Nobody here would ever act like that.

Give me the head coaching job along with 2 million a year...I could give you the same results on the field, plus i'd be really nice if you said bad things about the way i work!
Jimmie Dimmick
quote:
maybe they should spend less time micro-analyzing and more time lining our guys up to play football and hit somebody in the mouth.

Paralysis by Analysis syndrome. I think we suffer from this on both sides of the ball. All it leads to is uncertainty, tentative play, and getting sloppy on the basics, which at the end of the day means you end up getting beat.

[This message has been edited by Jimmie Dimmick (edited 11/4/2005 1:44p).]
jhender1600
Joe ag for POTY!
Jon
FDT 87
AG
Pathetic.

Just pathetic. A half a page to not admit a huge mistake, not to mention, the bigger question is "why didn't you utilize Lane in the game plan?"

Fran shows no sack and no leadership. I am really starting to fear for the future of this program. How many of you would want to go play your guts out for this guy? It's what you need in a coach/leader, and I'm not sensing it at all.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.