Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The "Sea" of orange in the student section

16,455 Views | 164 Replies | Last: 17 yr ago by TheAggieMissingLink
1876er
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I NEVER WANT TO SEE BURNT ORANGE IN THE STUDENT SECTION AGAIN!

Then all you "loyal" old ags should have bought them up...
mts6175
AG
quote:
This has also been said before, but most of the people posting on this site weren't students the last time we played this badly. It gets really old hearing criticism about how great you guys were when we were beating tu every year. It's real easy to be a good fan then. Exceptionally easy. Even fifth year seniors now have not seen A&M beat the sips in their time here. Not once. I can't believe that people wouldn't show up, but don't start throwing stones about how you had no fairweather fans when your whole freaking student career was a great time for Aggie football. It is idiotic.
Any old Ag on here will tell you that student tickets have never been allowed to be sold to visiting teams fans, even in the worst of years.

This has never happened, which is why there are many people upset about it, including me.
1876er
AG
quote:
Some of you are missing my point. I'm talking about the student section. A WHOLE PORTION OF IT, not just a seat here and there.

Just because they were spread out doesn't mean there weren't a ton of them on the alumni side...
1876er
AG
quote:
Any old Ag on here will tell you that student tickets have never been allowed to be sold to visiting teams fans, even in the worst of years.

They weren't on sale to visitors...they were on sale to old ags, and they didn't buy them...Just admit that there isn't any demand for our tickets from former students to current students...
AgMarauder04
AG
So, now Aggie Spirit is defined by football attendance?
mts6175
AG
quote:
They weren't on sale to visitors...they were on sale to old ags, and they didn't buy them
They went on sale to the general public. Visiting teams fans gobbled them up, just like we did Tennessee in the Cotton Bowl last year.

Students, stop trying to defend this. It's a first and a pathetic one at that.
J. Walter Weatherman
former students, people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones. look at your own sections before you call us out.
agg98
it shouldve never been on sale the te general public.

for god's sakes, we're playing TEXAS, our arch rival. how can any student want to miss this game?
agg98
it shouldve never been on sale the te general public.

for god's sakes, we're playing TEXAS, our arch rival. how can any student want to miss this game?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
mts,
Those seats could have been purchased by Ags but they didn't want them. I suppose they were too busy selling their seats to sips on the alumnis side.

The fact is that losing Bonfire has had an effect and that effect has been compounded by losing football games. That is really all there is to it. Again, sell out your seats and then worry about ours.
Mitch Cumsteen
This would infuriate me if it happened in Austin.
1876er
AG
quote:
They went on sale to the general public.

Then why didn't old ags buy them all up? Because they are sick of this garbage too...Just admit it...You went there when we had some of our best teams...Now that we suck, attendance sucks from teh students to the former students...
1876er
AG
quote:

How can any former students want to miss this game...
J. Walter Weatherman
hey im in that picture
1876er
AG
quote:
would infuriate me if it happened in Austin.

I used to...
AgCanuck07
AG
I'm in that picture someplace
AMReasons
AG
http://www.goenglish.com/PreachingToTheChoir.asp
mts6175
AG
Thanks Mitch.

And it takes a Longhorn to provide the proof.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Proof of what? Did anyone disagree that it happenned? What's your point?

[This message has been edited by Josh (edited 11/27/2005 12:32p).]
J. Walter Weatherman
the amount of horns in that picture are probably half of the amount of horns that were in the alumni sections. once again, glass houses. tell your alumni to stop selling tickets to whorns before you ***** at us about not selling the student ticekts.
mts6175
AG
Like I said, I'll ***** all day about it. It has never happened in the history of Texas A&M Football. Your class is the ones that let it. Good job Ags.
J. Walter Weatherman
quote:

Like I said, I'll ***** all day about it. It has never happened in the history of Texas A&M Football. Your class is the ones that let it. Good job Ags.

yep it's all our fault. we should have gone out and made sure everyone was pulling tickets. oh, also it's all you alumni's fault for not calling up people and telling them not to sell their tickets to whorns. you let that happen....definitely all your fault.

[This message has been edited by fgtntexag07 (edited 11/27/2005 12:39p).]
mts6175
AG
quote:
we should have gone out and made sure everyone was pulling tickets
If you would read correctly, Chicken Ranch said this thread was aimed at those students who did not attend, not those like yourself who did go to the game. Don't know why you are defending your classmates who didn't show up. I sure as hell wouldn't be.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
mts,
Seriously, STFU. That is the most ridiculously moronic post that I have ever read. Yes. We let it happen. I'd say Former Students actively selling their tickets to sips is a hell of a lot worse than students who chose to stay home with family. I've come to the conclusion that the people who actually get angry about what the students do have got to be the single biggest losers in the world. Yes. You had winning teams during your tenure and the students showed up in force. No s*** sherlock. I realize that you actually believe that you wouldn't have had attendance problems if the teams performed in the 90s like they are now. I also realize that that makes you blinded by you own sense of grandeure. It's extremely easy to be fans when your team is winning. Get off your high horse. Former Students have precisely zero room to b**** at the students about game attendance. None. Like I said before, you guys were responsible for actually taking tickets, finding sips, and selling them.
ktownag08
AG
You know what I was there, but I'll stick up for those who chose not to go. You want to b**** about us not doing our part and seeing orange in the student section why didn't you look around at other parts of the stadium. There was so much orange in the "high dollar" former student seats it was disgusting. So why don't you worry about doing your part. There's a lot of former students who had just as bad excuses as the students who didn't show. My last question is why didn't some of you former students just buy those tickets? I mean it was $88 bucks to buy one of those 4000 tickets to be among the students again.
AgMarauder04
AG
Not to Old Ags on this board ripping on us students: BACK OFF! We are just as much Aggies as you are, and just because attendance is down does not change that. The team SUCKS and no one wants to see us blown out year after year. It's a FOOTBALL GAME, get over it. Yes, it's Texas, and I should sell off my first born to get tickets to the game. Maybe WE'RE not the ones who have problems. It's not the students, it's the lack of guests who had to pay $85 a pop to get in the student section. I am so SICK AND TIRED of it being insinuated that we are not as good as Aggies as you. If you had been here when the team sucked, and we were getting beaten by Texas EVERY YEAR, I bet you wouldn't be clamoring over yourselves to get tickets either. Leave us the hell alone.
J. Walter Weatherman
quote:
Don't know why you are defending your classmates who didn't show up. I sure as hell wouldn't be.

im not defending people who didnt go to the game, im saying that former students are in no place to call out us for not going, when 30% of them are selling their tickets to whorns anyway.
BQAG02
AG
quote:
corp block should be done away with altogether.

Did you even read the other posts on this thread? You, sir, earned the dumb@ss post of the day award. No one mentioned Corps block. Now go away.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Technically speaking someone did mention corps block. They said they should be the only students on the first deck. However, some people should realize that the seats the corps sits in blow hard core.
AgMarauder04
AG
No kidding,Josh. I remember those things. What? 25YL- the Endzone?
Tag77
Students have given our AD the ammo to sale some good seats on the student side.

Once this gets turned around (and it will) this will be used as the reason the students lose 30% of their seats.

I will buy a couple of them and will feel bad about it.
Mitch Cumsteen
You guys should be nicer to each other, especially during the holidays. Who knows, maybe Byrne will use the extra cash from the tickets to give Fran another raise and extension?
Aston04
AG
As essentially noted before, everyone on here went to the game or had a legitimate reason not to go, so this thread is pointless. You are preaching to the choir.

Yes, it is sad that the current students as a whole have dropped the ball and didn't even pull the tickets they alread paid for... How freaking lazy, the ticket at a minimum has value on ebay, but they can't be bothered to go to the ticket window and pull the ticket they paid for and has at least some value on the open market. But I digress..

AGAIN, don't blame the current students who went to the game (essentially 100% football board- current students). If any of us were current students right now, the problem would still be the same. Would you like former students dissing your class year after you yelled your but off at the tu game, going to the game with perhaps the biggest odds stacked against A&M in decades? After enduring 1-5 years of miserable football, when a bunch of people yelling at you got to enjoy the "glory" years of Aggie football? I don't think so.

[This message has been edited by Aston04 (edited 11/27/2005 12:59p).]
mts6175
AG
quote:
im not defending people who didnt go to the game, im saying that former students are in no place to call out us for not going, when 30% of them are selling their tickets to whorns anyway.
As we are in agreeance, and I haven't said anything in defense of those former students who gave their tickets to UT fans. But, I went to the game, and I will call out the students for allowing this to happen.

quote:
You had winning teams during your tenure and the students showed up in force.....The team SUCKS and no one wants to see us blown out year after year....It's not the students, it's the lack of guests who had to pay $85 a pop to get in the student section.
When we were getting blown out year after year during the early '80's, the student tickets were sold out. Stop trying to act like you are the first student classes to see a losing team at A&M. You are however, the first class of students to allow visiting team's fans to sit in blocks in the upper decks of the student sections.
quote:
I mean it was $88 bucks to buy one of those 4000 tickets to be among the students again.
Because we already spent $2000 on season tickets that I sat in.

And people ***** about tu thinking OU us their rival.....wonder why? Their students & fans show up win or lose......

[This message has been edited by mts6175 (edited 11/27/2005 1:23p).]
Quincey P. Morris
AG
When this thing gets turned around a miracle will happen and the seats will be full again. Former Students will be bewildered as to how this could possibly happen. After all, it wasn't that the team was doing poorly it was just that the students suck. There has, nor will there ever be, a correlation between field performance and attendance.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.