Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The "Sea" of orange in the student section

16,451 Views | 164 Replies | Last: 17 yr ago by TheAggieMissingLink
Comeby!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
75AG
AG
Flame or spirit... they're not keeping either by walking around during a game. Oh, and piss-off.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
There were no 'sips in the Regents box. I sat right next to it. there were some sips in section 107 where I was, but it was single sips going to the game with family/friends, aka wife/cousin/brother/etc. But there wasn't any orange in the Regent's box.
jackson1
I know this has been said, but I will say it again:

"we can't fuss at the student for not being there when the Former Student isn't there either"

We are all the 12th Man, and have showed we are not team players all year. I didn't miss a game this year, but the folks behind me missed several. And these are good seats!

I also noticed hundreds of 2nd deck, 3rd deck, and Zone alumn seats empty. Don't let the 74000 in attendance numbers fool you. I'd say a true 50k if you actually took a 'head count'.
bgrimm05
AG
i said this once and i'll say it again.

many current students are complete morons. we complain about being "poor college students", but then so many paid for a sports pass and failed to at least pull their ticket and sell it off. how stupid can you be to pay for something and then not use it.

yes, i am still extremely disappointed with the former students, but at least they were either smart enough to sell their tickets and get their money back, or just didn't buy a ticket at all, therefore not losing anything.
Kentatm
how does pulling a ticket and selling it off help anyhting. t-sips still would have bought the tix. ags had every chance to get the tix once they went public and they didnt.

bgrimm05
AG
hell, i'd be pissed about that too, but at least it doesn't make the students look like stupid fair-weathered fans who don't support our team. that just makes them smart fair-weathered fans who don't support our team.
rcb05
AG
this is gonna be the longest offseason ever...
agdaddy04
AG
icecream, i think something like 29,000 sports passes were sold, so i'm not sure where youre getting the 25,000 held for students.
footballfan
I hope if Byrne does lower the number of sportspasses next year, that he takes those seats from the 3rd deck and not the first deck. I like having the students closer to the field for the noise factor right behind the visitors bench. Right now, from the 50 to the South end zone is alumni and visitors. Byrne could replace those with students - giving the students the entire 1st and 2nd deck and make the 3rd deck alumni. In essence, the 2nd deck would remain the same as would the first deck from the 50 to the North end zone. The change would be to move the students who occupy appx. 2/3 of the 3rd deck down to the 1st deck (50 to the South endzone) and relocate the alumnni in secs 143-145 up to the 3rd deck. The visitors who sit in the 1st deck by the South endzone - I don't care where they get moved to. Bottom line is I'd prefer to see the first deck students (for loudness) than see alumni on the first deck.
rcb05
AG
I'm sure the Alumni who currently sit in those sections would have no problem moving to third deck.
AgsWin
AG
For those commenting about the upperdeck of the Zone, the sips buy season tickets there every other year so they can guarantee a seat for the game. They especially buy that area since they can get them with the cheap deal Bryne put in place.
HHH91
Sorry Chicken Ranch but there was. I was sitting right next to the box also and there was orange (including a congressman from south texas) and quite a few others standing and cheering for the sips. It was unbelievable actually.
footballfan
quote:
I'm sure the Alumni who currently sit in those sections would have no problem moving to third deck.

No matter what Byrne does or DOESN'T DO, he will have some who won't like it. Leadership isn't based upon popularity, but on doing the right thing.

The Chicken Ranch
AG
There is no Congresswoman from South Texas. A State Rep or State Senator perhaps, but no "Congresswoman." Was "this person" next to Senator Graham? Governor Perry? Maybe she was a guest of the Governor? (gasp!) But saying that the Regent's box had a lot of orange in it is bullsh*t, as was implied with "...all of the orange that was in the Regents Box..."

Simply put, it is incorrect to say the Regent's Box was full of orange, but it simply was not.
blinnag2
On TV it seemed like there was about 35-40% sips at the game in all sections but that student section spoke wonders about the quality of our team and the confidence of our coach.
Comeby!
AG
tu-and-tamu-alumni
As one of those orange clad TU fans (spouse is an Aggie), I can only tell you it was real easy buying tickets.

There was no "block" sale to the University of Texas or any related ticket group. You just had to call the TAMU ticket office and buy your tickets. First come, first served. TU/UT fan or Aggie fan, it mattered not.

I guess the long distance calls from Austin, Dallas, and Houston must have kept the circuits so busy none of the Aggies seeking game tickets could get through.

Either that, or you ran out of fans that cared about the game. They missed a doozy.
ranger65
A&M reserves 30,000 seats (at half price) for students. The next highest number of seats reserved for students in the Big XII is tu with 12,000. I personally have heard Gates say that, as long as he is here, the number of seats reserved for students will never be reduced.
McInnis 03
AG
Thank you for watching over our 12th Man Dr. Gates.
NukeAg10
AG
talk about a sad day in Aggie football history, it pains me to read this thread.
Bock for Breakfast
AG
gates rules my everything
10thYrSr
I am so internally conflicted....

I want Dr. Gates to be our president again, yet I want him to succeed in his new position and remain our Secretary of Defense.

I suppose the good of the many outweighs the few....
texasaggies987
This really does piss off as well... I havent missed a home football game since Ive been a student here. Went to all 6 as a freshman, didnt miss any of the 6 last year, and this year went to 9 about to be 10 when I take my seat at the Holiday Bowl. My cousin Andrew and tons of others sold their tickets are went home because "it was going to be a slaughter fest." The true 12th man supports the team no matter what our record is. Such a shame, hopefully it wont happen again.

[This message has been edited by texasaggies987 (edited 12/8/2006 1:14a).]
jasonbaconAG91
when i was attending A&M, we even had to camp out for tu tickets (at kyle)(to get the best seats that is)...the inability of the students pulling ALL of the tickets allotted for the tu game astonishes me....
old army is indeed DEAD!!!

Those who can, do; those who can't, coach; those who never could, complain about the first two.

Before the world wide web, village idiots usually stayed in their own village.
TheAggieMissingLink
Dr. Gates quoted himself on here. Haha.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.