Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

My Emails with McKenzie Regarding the VIP Connection

27,763 Views | 209 Replies | Last: 15 yr ago by spadilly
The Beer Snob
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brandon, I appreciate you sharing, even though it was mostly for CYA purposes. It seems, as I suspected, that the criticism you've taken here is largely unwarranted.

The only thing questionable on your part is your "educated guess" that 97 is from Houston. Without your explanation, that comment sounds like you were giving out legit information even though you knew you shouldn't have, but your conscience prevented you from divulging more. It could easily have been misconstrued on the other side, and I suspect that you must have known that.

quote:
BTW, is this the first time a mod has actually been outted?
I thought he was officially outted way back when the podcast first started.

KBHawkins00
Wow... the email from MM is really offensive. It just goes to show what a dispicable person he is. He is the person that goes against everything that Aggieland stands for - not the people he was making comments about.
Mateo84
AG
i should have just posted before i read ...

AggieRob
Well done, Brandon. I love this site.
AGGIE Boss 03
AG
Thanks Brandon!

BTHO tt!
CE Aggie
citagg83
Wow! Impressed you took the time to do that and in the way you handled the situation
LifeLongAg
S
No wonder TexAgs is as great as it is! Thanks, Brandon, for maintaining this site with such integrity.
DallasAg 94
quote:
i should have just posted before i read ...

Agreed.

BTW - What say you people who were so disparaging, on the other thread?!?

All-in-all... I'd also be interest in comments from - "97," MM, CDF, Keys, et al.
gravy97
AG
I think MM wanted to know who 97 was so they could track down who leaked the newsletter to him.
cocopuff
AG
Keep up the good work Brandon!
The Beer Snob
quote:
I think MM wanted to know who 97 was so they could track down who leaked the newsletter to him.
Ya think? Dude, have you ever considered becoming a detective? Your sleuthing is nothing short of amazing.
p_bubel
WockaWocka00
Brandon, thanks for telling the truth and setting everybody straight.

I'm sure when MM sent those emails he never suspected things would get this big, but I have no sympathy for the guy. Calling other people culprits...that's the pot calling the kettle black. Sheesh!
AggieOC
curly06
AG
quote:
tha steakhouse wench!

You shouldnt say that. Shes not the one who made the remarks.

CurlyPics.com
Guinea
I just lost all respect (what little I had) for MM.
gravy97
AG
quote:
Ya think? Dude, have you ever considered becoming a detective? Your sleuthing is nothing short of amazing.

hey smart guy... if you read above in the thread people were saying 'what did they want 97 for'... 'what were they gonna do to him'...
Raptor
AG
I need to stop forwarding those emails don't I?
flakrat
AG
Brandon, I'd say that both you and Bill handled this situation perfectly re: the full disclosure.

HoustonAg05
AG
Thanks, Brandon. Very interesting side story in all of this.
dr81
You need to turn in your diploma and Aggie Ring!!

dr81

dr81

gnglonghorn
Brandon, I support you 100% and feel from what you posted, that you did nothing wrong.

It is completely reasonable for you to have a relationship with the athletic department given the importance of this board in the aggie community. This is not unusual as we've seen boards from other schools show that they also have connections to athletic departments.

I also feel that your only obligation was to not give info out, and you did not do that. For that, I respect you to an incredible level, considering that you essentially stood up for your members instead of helping the athletic department of the school you love so much. You did nothing wrong in my eyes, in that respect.

That being said, I am concerned about a quote from one of the documents, that was posted on another website. I am not sure if this is true, but here is what was quoted.

"Next up, the owner and 'staff' (board moderators) of TexAgs.com, Brandon Jones and a dozen or so volunteers who work hard at keeping rumors, namecalling and cries to fire coaches or ADs off the Internet."

While I understand keeping rumors off the board--which is a very smart idea--the end of that sentence concerns me. I've seen posts on here calling for firing coaches, and criticizing coaches all the time. So I don't know how much, of any, "clean up" you did. But for clarification, what is your stance on this position.

Is it okay to make a post asking for a coach to be fired? We've seen them on here before, but have you deleted others in the past? I will respect your position either way, as I am just a member and this is your board. And I would never call out a coach to get fired anyway, as I want to be a coach when I graduate. I just would like to know if this has ever been your intention--to make sure calls to fire coaches are small.

Also, did you have this type of a relationship with the previous administration, or had TexAgs not been up long enough for you to have that chance?

Regardless, this is the best college football board in the nation, in its setup, reliability and content. You do an amazing job, and I always try to click sponsor ads as (being a college student still) I don't have much money and so I can only afford to pay for one board (OB for the recruiting info). Once I graduate and have a steady job, you better believe I'll pay for a sub. here.

Anyway, keep doing what you are doing. You provide a service for aggies, and other fans, that is invaluable. Thank you for everything you do!
Oh Four Five
AG
Brandon, thinking about the way you handled this entire fiasco before, during, and after it became public has prompted me to get some stars. Keep up the good work.
AggieDO97
AG
Brandon,

Thanks for sharing these emails. Keep up the good work.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
RCR06
AG
the last few days i was really confused about reading anything pertaining to this. so i'm glad i'm in the know about what people have been complaining about and ill advisedly at that.
AFarmer95
AG
Brandon,

Please do not disclose my citizenship status to anyone.

DG
FastAg
DOG XO 84, I would imagine that Brandon was trying to perserve good working relations with the athletic department. If we were to simply brush them off they might have returned the favor if you know what I mean. As he said this is his how he makes his living.
FastAg
DOG XO 84, I would imagine that Brandon was trying to perserve good working relations with the athletic department. If we were to simply brush them off they might have returned the favor if you know what I mean. As he said this is his how he makes his living.
powerbiscuit
If one fan base in the nation is going to go high and right on an issue, it's the Aggies.

Thanks for clearing up the issue.

Some of these knuckleheads will still bring this up for 20 years.
BMX Bandit
the idea that anyone could think Brandon/Texags did anything wrong is absurd.

The original post, though completely unneccessary, is appreciated.
aggie_sprt
quote:

dr81 is this comment directed to Brandon or another poster?

Based on what Brandon has disclosed and the intent behind the disclosure he has and continues to live up to the Aggie Code of Honor, which only by breaking that code does someone become deserving of being disassociated with the Texas A&M.

That being said how many other Ags out there can truly claim to live up to that code everyday in their lives both public and private.

Brandon….my compliments to you on a great website and doing your part to help support a great community. I have participated in a number of on-line communities and TexAgs is by far the best. My only regret is that I currently cannot support TexAgs in a more consequently manner than with my presence and occasionally ramblings.
ham98
Brandon has always run a tight ship!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.