Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

My Emails with McKenzie Regarding the VIP Connection

27,778 Views | 209 Replies | Last: 15 yr ago by spadilly
emkat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Now I know why my tread, "Booing At Kyle" was taken off. "97" had been posting there and my guess is that all threads with 97 were removed.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
For the few who were in in the earliest days of Texags, I remember a certain big 12 championship team where someone had run here about an injury to our quarterback--something that would give the enemy a real advantage, and Peter--then an army of one, having to remove it.

Anyone else older than dirt remember that?

[This message has been edited by 3rd Generation Ag (edited 10/12/2007 11:41p).]
Reloadags1998
AG
The role MM had in this didn't come out until everything broke. He may be "sleazy" as you say, but he was still a very important person within the athletic department. You cannot just ignore him if you want to continue a relationship with the department. Brandon being civil in an email is not, to me, a breach of trust. If I thought it was, then I would take my money and run and trust me, I have a lot more at stake with this website and it's reputation than many of you.

[This message has been edited by Reloadags1998 (edited 10/12/2007 3:32p).]
Joe Bfstplk
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I definitely would have handled the interaction differently had I known any of the troublesome details of the newsletter.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The fact that it was McKenzie should have been tip off enough. Personally, if someone as slimy as McKenzie had made information public and then approached me to help find someone else who made it more public then he wanted (funny how people are surprised when the info was as safe with the next person as it was with them), I would have just sent him a link to the search engine.

But judging by the thread I guess I'm in the minority on that, let the back slapping continue.

I guess you were on the VIP list because the rest of us didn't know anything about this newsletter and what was in it until it hit the papers.
NoACDamnit
quote:
I guess you were on the VIP list because the rest of us didn't know anything about this newsletter and what was in it until it hit the papers.

Or the people that read the thread that 97 posted in AUGUST.
Reloadags1998
AG
quote:
Or the people that read the thread that 97 posted in AUGUST.

Surely you did not know the significance when 97 brought it up.
Joe Bfstplk
Except 97 doesn't even know where the email is from, hence his inquiry. Plus he doesn't even relate anything but some silly story that could have come out of 12th Man Magazine.
NoACDamnit
Missed my point completely. Brandon knew as much about the newsletter at the time as we did. There's nothing at all to indicate he was receiving it - especially considering the list of people receiving it is PUBLIC now.
PooDoo
AG
Brandon,
Just a question that is not meant to be an accusation but simply a question...

quote:
If I had to make an educated guess (and I WAS educated at A&M you know), I'd say Houston.

What did you mean with your statement in parenthesis? Just reminding him you're an Ag or what?
gnglonghorn
Thanks for your response brandon. I completely understand your view and since you've taken the same approach regardless of the coach, it is fine by me. Thanks again and you have my support!
aggieaero06
AG
quote:

Custer
posted 3:09p, 10/12/07

nits and nats - your first reaction was "no problem."

his reaction of "no problem" was in regards to finding a specific THREAD not a person's name or private information

it would have not been smart for Brandon to deny this request, like mentioned before, it is important to have good relationships with the athletic department and this was a case it was ok

quote:

Clarke95
posted 10:20a 10/12/07

So, just so I have MM's logic correct:

Curly06 sharing Morrow's injury on Texags = bad Ag, not to be trusted.

MM sharing Morrow's injury on VIP connection for $1200 = just fine.

What a weasel.

nothing sums up the problem with VIP connection better than this comment, I agree 100%

*edit for typo

[This message has been edited by aggieaero06 (edited 10/12/2007 4:05p).]
Say Chowdah
AG
NO AC - don't you realize that because Brandon runs Texags.com it means that he is omniscient in all things that revolve around A&M? He SHOULD have known about MM. He SHOULD have known about the secret VIP email before anyone else in the media or even Bill Byrne did.

BTW -- this is sarcasm.

Brandon -- go have a beer (or 10). We'll all be here tomorrow.
Reloadags1998
AG
quote:
Missed my point completely

You are correct, I did. Sorry about that.
NoACDamnit
I'm one of the biggest net privacy advocates on here and I've never been one to hold back my opinion on staff if I thought they were in the wrong.

What PRECISELY in these emails shows ANY sort of wrongdoing on WatchOle's part? MM asked him for information on the poster. Brandon said no. He was a lot more diplomatic than a lot of us would have been but surely people aren't faulting him for THAT.
banditoag
quote:
What did you mean with your statement in parenthesis? Just reminding him you're an Ag or what?

I don't mean to answer for anyone else, but my friends and I have used that joke forever. It's just sarcasm.
WatchOle
Staff
AG
PooDoo - my poor attempt at humor.
jmtamu
Now this is some ****ing entertaining soap oprah like drama.
86 Tex Ag
AG
Thanks for the thread Brandon.

I have read your email exchange and see nothing wrong with what you have done. You handled the requests very well, and do not deserve the criticism you are receiving from some.
Crew92Ag
AG
Just one question for Brandon about removing the rumors...

How do you know which are rumors and which are fact without a source of confirmation? Hmmmmmmm.....

I'm not really serious, I just felt the need to post on this thread as it will probably wind up in a book (or movie) someday.
monarch
S
I took a V-day and stayed home to read a soap opera...

I love my family...
The Collective
AG
The NCAA has confirmed... no lack of institutional control on Texags. We're in the clear!!!

[This message has been edited by CJS4715 (edited 10/12/2007 5:33p).]
gravy97
AG
quote:
Proof comes with evidence or statements that make your point without me having to accept your credibility.

so with this logic... there is nothing brandon could post that would prove his innocence since you don't trust him as a source.... so who do you accept as a credible source?

DanTanna86
AG
Good thread. Should I put ******s credit card number on here?
Rodo
AG
Damn, for a thread this long you would think there would be something juicy.

Anyone claiming Brandon did anything wrong is grasping for issues.

Remember, all this was unfolding (hindsight is always 20/20) and MM whether we like it or not was a legitimate part of the AD's office at the time.

However, I will say this, Brandon you need to quit deleting my posts!!

Rodo
TAMC66
3rd Generation Ag, yes, I too am older than dirt, definately older than you and yes I specifically remember that incident.

By the way you and Brandon are strictly first class all of the way.

Both of you, please keep up the good work.
Matt in DFW
Brandon,

While I have disagreed with some of the decisions on this site (mainly when I've been banned but I can't blame all of that on you, lol) I give you mucho props for your disclosure on this. The fact that you even needed to defend yourself is kind of rediculous but I understand your reasoning and appreciate your honesty. Some of you really need to lay off, if he says that's all of the communication than dang it that's all.

Again Brandon, thanks for shedding some light on this mess and re-affirming your integrity.

Hawk2007
Thanks for clearing this up. I was a little upset that TexAgs appeared in some of the PDFs and appeared to be a willing participant in the scandal, but now I know your side a lot better now.
AggieAtty
AG
Brandon - I really appreciate your candor, and I look forward to you proving Custer's negatives. j/k

Gig 'em.

P.S. I also appreciate that, while I can step away from the Texags boards when they get out of hand), you can not. You're a better person than I.
thad97
AG
So let me get this straight...
quote:
Proof comes with evidence or statements that make your point without me having to accept your credibility.
And then you offer us this...
quote:
...it is indisputable that you did more than just protect injury information.
and this...
quote:
...you did act complicitly with ****** in this instance...
which sit on either side of this...
quote:
I am a skeptic and think the emails speak for themselves.
That A I got in Logic at A&M must have come on a steep curve, because your words add up this way to me: We shouldn't accept truth claims that are based on credibility and not on "evidence," yet you make truth claims that no one else sees evidence for. Brandon's search efforts were geared toward finding injury information, which he acknowledges he would have deleted had he found it. He did not. Instead he found information about the VIP Connection - something McKenzie clearly did not want public. It is so "indisputable" that Brandon "did more than just protect injury information" that, when finding this VIP info that McKenzie didn't want public Brandon, who supporters in this thread think is too tight in his moderation policies, rushed to leave the thread on the most public board on this site, THEN, in the wake of all of this controversy that threatened to sink McKenzie and, ostensibly, Franchione, he rushed to continue to leave the thread on the most public board on this site. Not only THAT, but then there's this bombshell: McKenzie asked for user information - identity and location of "97." Brandon, eager to be complicit, rushed to make a joke as he declined to violate his own privacy policies and pointed to said policies in his response.

Sorry, Custer, but your shooting off about evidence really does you in here. Your skepticism is fine, but it's based on the fact that you are a skeptic and on one circumstantial doubt that you have - the placement of Brandon's use of the terribly incriminating phrase, "No problem." Otherwise, you are correct: the emails speak for themselves. AD personnel ask if injury info is on the boards. Brandon looks and answers. AD personnel asks for ID on a Texags user. Brandon makes a joke and says no. Cloak and dagger, indeed.
Potlicker
AG
heythad97,

You're the "close friend" 97 speaks of in his infamous August post, aren't you? Why didn't you respond to 97? Look what you have done. Thank you.
smallperson
Why are the links talking about Marks locked? I have to say Bryne knew of some of the recruit info being given out. It was part of other personnel handing out a list of recruits(with picture) who would be visiting and how they were rated on rivals. This is only about 4 yrs ago, it must be at that time that they decided to take it a step further with the email. I find it hard to believe Byrne did not know tht was going out to other areas with the athletic dept and 12 man found. And what about some of these subscribers having dinner at fran's house or having him come over to their house? Maybe it is time for a review for all.

[Because each thread, no matter how it started out, degenerated into baseless personal attacks -- Staff]

[This message has been edited by TexAgs staff (edited 10/13/2007 12:01a).]
smallperson
and for fran to say he is sorry for the distraction,come on, he's not sorry about lying or being unethical
thad97
AG
quote:
heythad97,

You're the "close friend" 97 speaks of in his infamous August post, aren't you? Why didn't you respond to 97? Look what you have done. Thank you.
Forgive me - I can't tell if you're kidding or not. In case you aren't, no, I have no idea who 97 is. I am a friend of Brandon's, and 97's name has never come up in our conversations about any of this. I haven't asked; he hasn't mentioned it. If 97 and I are friends, I don't know it, and he didn't get the VIP Connection from me. I knew nothing about it until it broke in the media. Actually, that's worth knowing too, I guess - Brandon and I usually talk Texags and Aggie sports several times a week, and he never mentioned anything about the VIP Connection until the story broke. He's explained why above - he didn't know it was anything worth discussing. To this day I know nothing more than anyone else who's read what is public record.

Did 97 ask me a question that I missed, or is your last question just based on some assumption about me being 97's close friend?

It's late and I have a new baby at home, so I apologize if I'm missing something obvious.

[This message has been edited by heythad97 (edited 10/13/2007 12:18a).]
thad97
AG
By the way: I originally hoped you were kidding, but now I kind of hope you aren't. My wife and I are up with the baby, and we're both getting some real enjoyment out of the prospect of me officially becoming part of one of the conspiracy storylines.
Reloadags1998
AG
I wanna play a part in the conspiracy...no fair!!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.