Bob Huggins in trouble?

12,648 Views | 153 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by aggiebones
LawHall88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Used one of those forbidden words in a radio interview this morning...
Know Your Enemy
AG
Yikes
HossAg
AG
Well he's done
LawHall88
AG

agfan2332
I would be shocked if he's done. Most likely a suspension is coming.
MarcAg
AG
He will be fired
MarcAg
AG
The only thing that might save him is it's West Virginia
agfan2332
MarcAg said:

That has nothing to do with him being fired or not. I would be shocked if they did fire him though.
MarcAg
AG
agfan2332 said:

MarcAg said:

That has nothing to do with him being fired or not. I would be shocked if they did fire him though.

Of course it does. The uproar among your own university matters in something like this. Sometimes you get fired anyway, but if the uproar among the people associated with your university is high it definitely increases your chances. And I don't think the level of uproar in WV will be that great.
AgEfan
Wow. He knows he can't say that. Did he just forget this is public?
MarcAg
AG
I'll be curious to see if this is it for him or if he continues to try coaching at another school in a year or so. He's about to be 70.
agfan2332
I agree with you on the last part. I'm pretty tied in to that program well and the situation is certainly not great, but I still don't see him getting fired from this. The push back from the state will be high. If this was the previous AD their though, I think it would be another story.
HossAg
AG
MarcAg said:

I'll be curious to see if this is it for him or if he continues to try coaching at another school in a year or so. He's about to be 70.

I'm sure Liberty would take him
MarcAg
AG
They have anybody we would want via transfer when he gets fired?
LegalDrugPusher
Such a soft nation. It's ridiculous we fire or even punish people for these types of things.
AgEfan
LegalDrugPusher said:

Such a soft nation. It's ridiculous we fire or even punish people for these types of things.

So not allowing people to be hateful is soft? **** off!
Method Man
You were just allowed to be hateful.
MarcAg
AG
You can't go on public radio and say that. Did he just have a stroke and forget he was talking on the radio? I don't know how that happens. I wonder if the radio hosts feel bad at all for this as they egged him on and really were pushing for him to say something controversial. I'm not saying that an excuse for Huggins at all. You can't say that.
Rocinante
LegalDrugPusher said:

Don't know how many nations you've been to but talking like that will get you fired in pretty much any developed nation.

Not a problem in say, Afghanistan. So I guess they aren't soft.
FTAG 2000
AG
AgEfan said:

LegalDrugPusher said:

So not allowing people to be hateful is soft? **** off!

Coach Pop has called republicans Nazis and he's still coaching.
alvtimes
One day I wanna see an old getting ready to retire multi millionaire coach just blast the living crap out of a platform he doesnt like…. to make it better I hope its a platform I dont like either.
HossAg
AG
LegalDrugPusher said:

Method Man
Ad hominem
Reno Hightower
Seems like he has a bigger problem with Catholics than he does the LGBTQA+ crowd. Yet he only apologizes to one of those groups.
Double Diamond
I'm not into hate speak but cannot see how this is hateful. More inappropriate. But didn't say anything about Trans or gays.
rlb28
AG
The radio hosts seemed to think it was funny.
HossAg
AG
Double Diamond said:

I'm not into hate speak but cannot see how this is hateful. More inappropriate. But didn't say anything about Trans or gays.

He used a derogatory term for a group of people in an attempt at humor. Not sure what you're confused about.
Know Your Enemy
AG
HossAg said:

Double Diamond said:

He used a derogatory term for a group of people in an attempt at humor. Not sure what you're confused about.

He's old. Cut him some slack. Apparently he forgot that the F word Huggy Bear used is to disparage the gay community.
rlb28
AG
HossAg said:

Double Diamond said:

Disrespectful, but not hateful. The context of the comment had to do with fake *****es being thrown onto the court by a rival fanbase. He was attempting to be humorous, not hateful.
Tobias Funke
AG
I can't believe we are arguing whether or not this was acceptable
Know Your Enemy
AG
Tobias Funke said:

I can't believe we are arguing whether or not this was acceptable

Welcome to TexAgs.
HossAg
AG
rlb28 said:

HossAg said:

Double Diamond said:

Disrespectful, but not hateful. The context of the comment had to do with fake *****es being thrown onto the court by a rival fanbase. He was attempting to be humorous, not hateful.

How bout just stupid? You gotta be a complete moron in today's age to expect anyone to interpret your willingness to use that word on public radio as anything other than hateful.

He should have a basic understanding of what's acceptable. So he either doesn't, and he's a dumbass that should probably be retired, or he does, and he used it anyway. If it's the latter, then there's really no reason to interpret as anything other than hateful.
Mikeyshooter
AG
HossAg said:

Double Diamond said:

It was kinda funny though.
rlb28
AG
Disagree. If you listen to that clip there's no way you can believe he was being hateful. No way.
HossAg
AG
rlb28 said:

Disagree. If you listen to that clip there's no way you can believe he was being hateful. No way.
You're not understanding my post.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.