*****Aggies vs. Houston - NCAA Tournament 2nd Round*****

153,263 Views | 2388 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by AlaskanAg99
Sports-Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Like the commentator said, should have gone for a quick 2 after buzz timeout then foul immediately and make the cougars who don't play in this situation try and make both free throws. The guy missed 1. Ags would have gone for 3 points for the last shot. Boots was driving to the basket until Buzz took that final timeout.
eternaloblivion
AG
We have this game away at the FT line
StinkyPinky
AG
Evanhue said:

Commander Gorn said:

What could have been
I need that printed on a maroon t-shirt.
Now thats funny
Onionman
Sports-Ag said:

Like the commentator said, should have gone for a quick 2 after buzz timeout then foul immediately and make the cougars who don't play in this situation try and make both free throws. The guy missed 1. Ags would have gone for 3 points for the last shot. Boots was driving to the basket until Buzz took that final timeout.
There should have been no timeout. Boots was passed his man and going to score 2.
94chem
The Porkchop Express said:

Maybe a moral victory, but the other #1 vs #8/9 scores were:

106-67
85-69
75-58

If anything, it's a good lesson that you can't have those mid-year lulls that get you stuck in the #8/#9 slot.

Yep. 67 teams are gonna lose. We deserved to be there on the second weekend, though.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
BkYdPitmaster
AG
PatAg said:

czar_iv said:

BkYdPitmaster said:

Hefner for the 3? Good lord

At least he is consistent; missing wide open 3s is Hefner's calling card!
To defend Hefner, he stepped in front of the line so it wasn't a 3
Okay. Hefner for 2? Good lord.
Backyard Pitmaster
agdaddy04
AG
TXAGGIES said:

I would like to see it play out with a quick 2 instead of Radfords 3 with +/-11 sec

Well he was playing for that until the weird TO
cupofjoe04
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

TAMUallen said:

Good game Ags.

Would have loved to see this game if they had called it right and UH was without 4 guys by the end of the 2nd half

No ref crew is gonna bat 1.000.

this crew gave us 45 FTs and we choked.

I agree with you 100%.

We cannot blame this on the refs after 45 FT's. Houston changed their D to come out of the half. They weren't fouling, they were collapsing and we were just dribbling into the crowded paint and throwing up garbage. We weren't kicking out to open guys for the first 12 minutes of the 2nd half. We weren't forcing contact. It was t the refs. Houston adjusted and we didn't.

All of that is a completely moot point if we hit 75% of our 3's.

The game was there for us. In exactly the way we needed it to be. See weren't good enough to go and take it. Couldn't hit FT's. Couldn't make FG's consistently (too many scoring droughts). We couldn't stop their offense for most of the 2nd. We couldn't find a way to push the issue with players in foul trouble. That's not a winning combo. But to think that if we do any 1 or those things, we win.

This team was close. But the better team won in the end. Gotta tip our hats to them.
Brother Shamus
All we needed was another minute of play.
BLSmith04
AG
Damn if just one of those two long jumpers at the end of regulation where we had a toe on the line was a 3, then Andy's shot wins the game.
94chem
...and Duke is really glad that Houston won this. They know who the better team is.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
AggieDub25
We were a terrible matchup for them, but we failed to capitalize on so many chances to win that game. What a game. No harm in losing to 1 of the 2 best teams in the country.
t - cam
AG
Awesome game. That was the team we thought we had before the year.
jdowney
Free Throws. Period
SWAGBOT
AG
Sucks to lose like this but I'm so damn proud of this team.

As someone who is usually a grifter in this sub, it's shocking to see how many people who never watch us came out tonight to say we didn't play well. If we played like this all season we'd have won 25+ games. Hell of a fight from buzz and the boys down the stretch.
Onionman
BLSmith04 said:

Damn if just one of those two long jumpers at the end of regulation where we had a toe on the line was a 3, then Andy's shot wins the game.
Don't forget the phantom play where they said we went out of bounds.
WestGalvestonAggie
94chem said:

...and Duke is really glad that Houston won this. They know who the better team is.

Right...
Animal
AG
Frok said:

That mom was on TV more than the players on the court, sheesh

That was "She Shead"
Phone bill
Definitely. Could have got an and 1 too
cupofjoe04
AG
BLSmith04 said:

1000% AG isn't taking a 3 at the end if we are down by 2.

A million things could have been different, and we would have been up at the end of regulation. That's how sportsball do.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Here's the thing…

Even if they make the FTs, we likely only have a chance if Houston remained in fouls trouble. That was a big if and thankfully we got them in trouble early.

If we were making FTs, chances are we also turn the ball over much more in first half

UH was the more talented team. I'm not sad about how our team played

What I am sad about is our recruiting. Buzz has to pick it up
TexasRebel
AG
So, what's a foul?
DukeMu
Still can't get over Buzz' TO with Boots driving downhill to the bucket.
BLSmith04
AG
In spite of how it ended, this was a hell of a season. I'm ****in proud of all our guys.
Beat40
BLSmith04 said:

I don't think we're shooting a 3 in that situation if one of those long jumpers was a 3.
lil_frog8
AG
Thought we had a shot once Sharp fouled out… why we gave him sooooo many open looks is beyond me. I understand Shead was dangerous but let the help come from anyone but the guy guarding Sharp and we might have won!
94chem
agdaddy04 said:

TXAGGIES said:

I would like to see it play out with a quick 2 instead of Radfords 3 with +/-11 sec

Well he was playing for that until the weird TO

They took the long 3 because they were counting on the rebound against UH scrubs. Didn't work, but was a pretty good strategy.
94chem,
Onionman
DukeMu said:

It was terrible. I don't understand that one.

TAMUallen
AG
DukeMu said:

In retrospect, it was a bad call.
texag84
AG
Practice free throws all off season! You're getting paid to make them
OKC~Ag
whelp, we lost due to FT...no brilliant analysis there...

as much as I like buzz...FT woes are all mental i'm told and that is on coaching
94chem
Beat40 said:

BLSmith04 said:

I don't think we're shooting a 3 in that situation if one of those long jumpers was a 3.

Um, with 1.2 seconds to go, we're shooting a 3 there.
94chem,
DukeMu
Ghost of Bisbee said:

Here's the thing…

Even if they make the FTs, we likely only have a chance if Houston remained in fouls trouble. That was a big if and thankfully we got them in trouble early.

If we were making FTs, chances are we also turn the ball over much more in first half

UH was the more talented team. I'm not sad about how our team played

What I am sad about is our recruiting. Buzz has to pick it up

Great fight throughout the game, but we had a golden opportunity in OT, where UH was nearly down to the waterboy.

AggieDub25
94chem said:

Beat40 said:

BLSmith04 said:

Um, with 1.2 seconds to go, we're shooting a 3 there.

This. We are shooting it from wherever we catch the ball.
Texas A&M
I'm bummed we lost, but I had to feel a little happy for their backup point guard being able to make one free throw. That was incredibly tough for him after not playing all game long and only shooting 4 FTs all year long.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.