*****Aggies vs. Houston - NCAA Tournament 2nd Round*****

153,375 Views | 2388 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by AlaskanAg99
sanaug
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm not a basketball guy so maybe I'm wrong.
But I wanted Radford to drive for layups every possesion from beginning of OT. Thought we had a chance to foul out the rest of the uh starters/scorers sooner. IMO that was our advantage at that point. Then could have had a minute or two playing against uh walk ons.

Anyway, congrats to the team for a great effort! They didn't quit. Represented us well. Gig'em!
PJYoung
AG
94chem said:

The Porkchop Express said:

Maybe a moral victory, but the other #1 vs #8/9 scores were:

106-67
85-69
75-58

If anything, it's a good lesson that you can't have those mid-year lulls that get you stuck in the #8/#9 slot.

Yep. 67 teams are gonna lose. We deserved to be there on the second weekend, though.

Deserved? Nah.

This team does the hard things so well but the easy things don't come so easy.

Oddball and entertaining/hard to watch team but they gave it their all.
TxAg76
AG
94chem said:

t - cam said:

I thought this thread would be about that great game but seems it's the normal complaint fest.

67 teams will lose. I've got a lot of praise, and I know that A&M is the better team. Yeah, the FT stink, but the thought of having Solo and Manny back means we can have a good team. Gonna really miss Garcia, Boots, and Henry.

All the beef is gone. Wade might be gone.
Unless there's serious gains via portal, we'll be in a bind
TexasRebel
AG
Eh.

Nobody can explain what a foul is that fit what I just watched.
Onionman
I hate the loss. I really thought sending it to OT would be an Aggie victory.

But proud of the Aggie fight tonight.
PJYoung
AG
94chem said:

t - cam said:

I thought this thread would be about that great game but seems it's the normal complaint fest.

67 teams will lose. I've got a lot of praise, and I know that A&M is the better team. Yeah, the FT stink, but the thought of having Solo and Manny back means we can have a good team. Gonna really miss Garcia, Boots, and Henry.

Garcia and Henry will be here next year.
Fquin
AG
Hope Garcia comes back. As much as I love Coleman the young man, I would not miss the player he has become this year.
94chem
TxAg76 said:

94chem said:

t - cam said:

Where is Wade gonna go? He's Hollis Price (look him up).
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
BLSmith04
AG
TxAg76 said:

94chem said:

t - cam said:

Wade's only a junior, and he's not getting drafted, so you think he's gonna transfer? Him and Buzz are way too tight for that.
TxAg76
AG
PJYoung said:

94chem said:

t - cam said:

They got Covid year?? Roster says they're seniors
PJYoung
AG
TxAg76 said:

94chem said:

t - cam said:

What? Levesque, Eli and Radford. That's it for people leaving.
Philip J Fry
AG
Same. Not angry. Mostly just feel sad for the players. This team was special and it's a shame we had to face a #1 seed the second week. If we had gotten past Houston, I think we make it to the FF.
BLSmith04
AG
PJYoung said:

TxAg76 said:

94chem said:

t - cam said:

What? Levesque, Eli and Radford. That's it for people leaving.

Just Boots, Leveque, and Eli
agent-maroon
AG
Boots
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PJYoung
AG
TxAg76 said:

PJYoung said:

94chem said:

t - cam said:

Correct. They weren't honored for senior night.
Heineken-Ashi
Wade, Manny, Solo, Carter, Garcia, Coleman, and maybe even Hefner all returning assuming none transfer. This senior class is the last ones with COVID year.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
TxAg76
AG
BLSmith04 said:

TxAg76 said:

94chem said:

t - cam said:

Wade's only a junior, and he's not getting drafted, so you think he's gonna transfer? Him and Buzz are way too tight for that.

I don't think he'd leave Buzz either, but wasn't sure of draft potential.
If it's unlikely, that'll be great.
PJYoung
AG
And yeah, Radford is a massive loss but I like our chances to be better next season.
AggieJ2002
AG
IMO the winning play was that first possession in OT where they missed the shot and their guy made a miraculous diving play to keep it in bounds and they hit the 3 to put us on heels from go in OT. Really believe that play saved the Coogs season
TxAg76
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Wade, Manny, Solo, Carter, Garcia, Coleman, and maybe even Hefner all returning assuming none transfer. This senior class is the last ones with COVID year.

Ah, gotcha.
Thx
FTAG 2000
AG
sanaug said:

But I wanted Radford to drive for layups every possesion from beginning of OT. Thought we had a chance to foul out the rest of the uh starters/scorers sooner. IMO that was our advantage at that point. Then could have had a minute or two playing against uh walk ons.

Anyway, congrats to the team for a great effort! They didn't quit. Represented us well. Gig'em!

That was clearly our strategy from the start but we got to OT and our coaches lost their killer instinct so here we are.

Plenty of time to write thank you notes that don't matter the next six months though.
ColoradoMooseHerd
TxAg76 said:

PJYoung said:

94chem said:

t - cam said:

Garcia has a covid year if he wants to use it
Sports-Ag
AG
sanaug said:

That would have been nice to drive inside and try to get fouls. Would have slowed the game down, fouled out some cougars, and have their bench play vs our best players. Again, Ags would have to make their free throws. I can never understand how your team best shooters can miss free throws constantly. They should be automatic.
Inca
AG
Agree. That was a killer. Set the tone for OT.
PJYoung
AG
AggieJ2002 said:

IMO the winning play was that first possession in OT where they missed the shot and their guy made a miraculous diving play to keep it in bounds and they hit the 3 to put us on heels from go in OT. Really believe that play saved the Coogs season

Yeah I had the same thought. Really really unlucky bounce for us.

The offensive foul on Manny earlier was massive too.
PatAg
AG

Lets just remember this play instead of being sad sacks
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
If we had made one more free throw, we would have won 87-86 in regulation. It was heartbreaking to watch us lose to Houston 100-95 in overtime, but I am proud of this team for fighting from start to finish. After trailing 81-69 with 2:03 left, we ended regulation on a 17-5 run to tie the game at 86 and force overtime.
txag72
AG
Quote:

Agree.After having to come back once, starting from behind and not catching up immediately, and then it was desperation.
dixichkn
AG
dtk9119 said:

I want to say wait till next year but this is A&M athletics so....
Next year = this year = ever year previous

Same as it ever was

Same as it ever was
Treycole01
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

TxAg76 said:

PJYoung said:

94chem said:

t - cam said:

Garcia has a covid year if he wants to use it

I sure want him to!
Heineken-Ashi
PatAg said:

Lets just remember this play instead of being sad sacks
Eli Lawrence running the huddle. Future coach?
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Brother Shamus
PJYoung said:

AggieJ2002 said:

Yeah I had the same thought. Really really unlucky bounce for us.

The offensive foul on Manny earlier was massive too.

Yup - still don't know how that whole sequenced worked out for them. Oh well.
bdp514am
Yep, they got the 3 and we played uphill the entire OT. That play gave them back momentum
Brother Shamus
I think the mood changed and caused the team to just make poor decisions like that first possession was within 20 seconds left
Brother Shamus
So wtf happened to marble I never got a reason why he disappeared

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.