Outdoors
Sponsored by

Current ATF wait time?

171,426 Views | 1733 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by fourth deck
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was at 405 days on a can when I was disapproved. That one hurt.
tandy miller
AG
BSD said:

Did you resubmit? How does that work if you're disapproved? Do you get your $$ for the can back if you don't resubmit?
FJB
92AG10
AG
tandy miller said:

92AG10 said:

FirefightAg said:

Called the ATF yesterday, waited exactly 30 minutes to the second. All they couod say was its pending. No time frame. We're at 13 months.

24 months next week

24 months?!?

That is correct. Ironically, I had an e-file approved in less that 89 days.

I can't resubmit the pending paper forms as e-files until the ATF approves or I will get a 1 year penalty.
BSD
AG
tandy miller said:

BSD said:

Did you resubmit? How does that work if you're disapproved? Do you get your $$ for the can back if you don't resubmit?

I actually just said **** it and got my money back for the can from the dealer. The ATF sent me a $200 refund check for the stamp.
1991sir
Dude, that sucks. Not trying to get in your business, so don't tell me why, but did they at least give you a reason?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
We just had our first efile come back as denied due to something funky with fingerprints. So annoyed
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
aggiesundevil4
AG
I hope that wasn't mine….you mentioned I was second in line for efile…
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Nope, trying to make sure we don't run into the same thing with yours. This is why I didn't want to run a ton of efile stuff until we got things back and lined out right. Did a couple.... wanted to wait and see and it seems better but still annoying lol
12Power
I have an online account with ATF. There is no information on any of my items pending. How do you check the status?
92AG10
AG
You don't
bmfvet
AG
Got my stamp approved today. Purchased end of 2021, efile certified early February and approved this week. This is my first suppressor. Any advice on attachment options for dead air wolfman? I've of course have different thread patterns on the rifles and pistols.
‘99
F4GIB71
12Power said:

I have an online account with ATF. There is no information on any of my items pending. How do you check the status?
I submitted an eForm 4 for a suppressor on April 7. I called today (90 days) and held for 45 minutes until someone came on the line. (The hold music was pleasant for the first 10, but was fingernails on a chalkboard for the next 35.) All she said was that it was pending. Phone number is 304-616-4500. Have all your info (serial number, dealer, trust name, etc.).

I also have an online account. The only thing it shows was approval on a From 1 back in 2015. Nothing about this suppressor, or previous suppressors, was reflected on this site. Not sure what value it provides.
F4GIB71
tandy miller
AG
Called re: status today. Was told e-form 1's are taking 60 days. All of the info online make it seem shorter
FJB
GarryowenAg
AG
bmfvet said:

Got my stamp approved today. Purchased end of 2021, efile certified early February and approved this week. This is my first suppressor. Any advice on attachment options for dead air wolfman? I've of course have different thread patterns on the rifles and pistols.
Great news for me as I am on the same timeframe. Hopefully that means mine is coming up soon. I'm planning to get a couple KeyMo adapters for my sandman.
F4GIB71
F4GIB71 said:

12Power said:

I submitted an eForm 4 for a suppressor on April 7. I called today (90 days) and held for 45 minutes until someone came on the line. (The hold music was pleasant for the first 10, but was fingernails on a chalkboard for the next 35.) All she said was that it was pending. Phone number is 304-616-4500. Have all your info (serial number, dealer, trust name, etc.).

I also have an online account. The only thing it shows was approval on a From 1 back in 2015. Nothing about this suppressor, or previous suppressors, was reflected on this site. Not sure what value it provides.
I posted this on Friday and was advised it was still "pending". Received an email this morning (Monday) that it was "approved". Was this just being lucky, or did she just go ahead and approve since it was in front of her? Perhaps a followup call on an eForm submittal would be advantageous after about 90 days! It was 95 calendar days for this approval.
F4GIB71
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Currently on day 399.
Señor Chang
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

We just had our first efile come back as denied due to something funky with fingerprints. So annoyed
If it gets denied, do you have to pay another $200 to re-submit?

Edit: Nevermind, I see this question was already answered above.
BSD
AG
1991sir said:

Dude, that sucks. Not trying to get in your business, so don't tell me why, but did they at least give you a reason?

I left a message requesting that information but my call was never returned.
AggiePetro07
AG
Got approved yesterday:

Eforms Form 4 Trust
Certified / Submitted 2/10/22
Approved 07/11/2022
FirefightAg
AG
13+ months. ..... I'm not a fan of you efile folks
AggiePetro07
AG
FirefightAg said:

Have you called up to the BATFE office and asked? I did that on my first two and as soon as I called I got approved.
tk111
AG
FirefightAg said:

If it makes you feel slightly better Im now on day 150 of efile.

90 days my left nut.
FIDO 96
AG
Filed F1 efile trust for SBR (HK SP5) on 6/26
Approved 7/11
Dropped off to be engraved today
Shoot tomorrow
BenderRodriguez
AG
Saw atf email on arf, feb/match submissions are running up to 150 days. Also seeing some stuff submitted in april/may approved.

As always the infringements are arbitrary, random and stupid.

Eta: this is for eform4 suppressors
Daddy-O5
AG
Still waiting 5 months and change for 2x eForm 4's on a Trust with two people. "Certified" on Jan 31.
FIDO 96
AG
As promised. All dressed up in his big boy clothes

tk111
AG
FIDO 96 said:

As promised. All dressed up in his big boy clothes

Not quite - still need to duct tape a giant maglight to the top
cledus6150
AG
Just got a call from my dealer, I can come pick up my hybrid and my sparrow! That is a 403 day wait (from purchase) for form 4 trust for those tracking.
FirefightAg
AG
CALLING SEEMS TO WORK

Mine was approved 6/29 I called the weeks leading up and then boom approved 13 months later.

QUESTION, ATF agent said it was approved but haven't heard from dealer...so what's my next move. Call them.?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
It can take several weeks for the stamp to get from approval to the dealer. Hold tight, you're close.
FirefightAg
AG
Dealer called today at 3, was not available to take call checknthe voice-mail and said come by anyday by 1630.

Headed out of town for 5 days at 7 AM tomorrow. Waiting another week.....so sad

1 YEAR 1 MONTH 27 DAYS !!!! Process started 5/21/21 to final call 7/18/22
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
DAY 406 FTW!!!!!!!!
Daddy-O5
AG
Daddy-O5 said:

Still waiting 5 months and change for 2x eForm 4's on a Trust with two people. "Certified" on Jan 31.
Got one of my tax stamps today. 170 Days from certification. Still waiting on the second.
Mr. Dubi
Sooper Jeenyus said:

DAY 406 FTW!!!!!!!!

Trust or individual?
TxAgIB
AG
Submitted my application today. Not holding my breath on the wait time.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.